fbpx

"TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "TUT" Griffin in progress PICS pg 34!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Can’t wait to see how he turns out!

Wow! Anubis is incredible! I’m looking forward to seeing the completed version of Tropic too :).

Ok, I’ve been playing around with some Glow int he Dark paints. I NEVER knew how much fun this actually is, but the cleanup is the big suck…I don’t know if I will do this again, but this guy is coming along slowly but surely. LOL

The touch ups are gonna be a pain in the butt. It’s hard to work with things that require black light when its on another room. I traveled room to room all day today. I used green, and orange and pink glow paints. I have more I want to do as far as those go, but I wanted to see what I was getting myself into first. Basically all the feathers that will have purple already have it. I will be adding an ocean blue color also. He will definitely be a colorful little guy when he is done. But these colors remind me of all the things my Gramma brought back from Hawaii. I haven’t figured up a pattern for the wings yet which is why they haven’t gotten any painting done on them. The Black light photos look incredibly sloppy because it is hard to hold up a 24 inch black light and the camera at the same time. I’m sure if you all saw me doing what I was doing to try and get his pics to light up like that you’d of all had a really good laugh! XD He’s still WIP for sure! 😮

Leigha
      Participant

That looks freaking awesome!

Maria
        Participant

Haha, he looks so neat! 😀

Thanks Leigha and GB! What was really funny was he kept glowing after I took the black light off of him! 😮

lamortefille
          Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Thanks Leigha and GB! What was really funny was he kept glowing after I took the black light off of him! 😮

How cool! 8)

twindragonsmum
            Participant

lamortefille wrote:

How cool! 8)

Ooo! A night light giffy…

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

Stephanie
              Participant

OoOoOoOo… thats COOL!

Rachel
                Participant

Oh wow. You have made me a fan of black light paints with that.

LadyFirebird
                  Participant

The Black light photos look incredibly sloppy because it is hard to hold up a 24 inch black light and the camera at the same time. I’m sure if you all saw me doing what I was doing to try and get his pics to light up like that you’d of all had a really good laugh! XD He’s still WIP for sure! 😮

Just hold the black light by your toes! 😆 😆 This is going to be awesome–just had to give you a little bit of a hard time! What do you have to do to clean up? I’d probably try this on a Muse–good start. But this will be interesting to see how it turns out–if you don’t throw it against a wall! XD

siberakh1
                    Participant

He’s looking pretty neat!

Lokie
                      Participant

The “cleanup is the suck”; how so? Is it an oil based paint?

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

Tropic is nice and bright! 8) I’m working on a bright griffin myself now that my swap piece is finished. I’m doing one based on Sun Conures. Conner, the griffin, has been yelling at me for leaving him nekkid all this time.

Lokie wrote:

The “cleanup is the suck”; how so? Is it an oil based paint?

No…It leaves little “speckles” around the rest of the body even where the paint wasn’t brushed. I think it has to do with the little phosphorous dust in the paint itself. It seems it isn’t very fine…It’s by Apple Barrel and it’s a pain. But it’s fun too. I don’t know how to describe it. And in my household anything that is really a pain in the tush is nicknamed “the suck” and if it is really bad its the “Big suck”. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 538 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.