fbpx

Tropical Fish Kirin-FINISHED

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Tropical Fish Kirin-FINISHED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

I really love all the Koirin popping up lately, I’m hoping to paint one for myself, but I wanted to use other fish as examples to go by as well.

I found this on google

and came up with this idea, colored on the computer….

I like him from the knees up…but I wasn’t sure what to do with him from the kees down. I’m hugely open to suggestions and critique. Or, should I scrap the color scheme and try something else? (in which case, I had another, yet more simple idea) Yes, I know the coloring is rough. :p

Edit:

UPDATE! PHOTOS!!
      I’ve spent the last 4ish hours working on this guy and I wanted to post progress photos. I realized as I was painting him, the yellow body paint was rubbing off on my fingers 😯 so I need to patch up the rough spots…add many more details, smooth out the blending on the mane, somehow fix the eye stripes…and somehow blend the tail better as well (which I need to sit down and figure out how to do 😳 ) but I’m so excited he is beginning to actually look like the pictures! (Whippet, I took your suggestion and will be adding the body stripe later) πŸ™‚

WolfenMachine
      Participant

Skigod377
        Participant

I think its gonna look awesome! I esp like the face and spots on the shoulders.

Arlla
          Participant

That’s pretty sweet! I love the eye stripe! Is that a sort of clown fish?

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
            -J R R Tolkien

Maria
            Participant

Go for it, Wolfen! I like that color scheme. I wouldn’t do too much on the legs or they’ll distract from the body.

Lokie
              Participant

That rectangle patch around his eye is soooo cute πŸ™‚ He’ll be interesting to see once finished.

Andrea
                Participant

I really think he’s cute. I especially like the stripe on his face and his bald face.
                  Very cute!

I love the face and whatnot…but I am not as fond of the spots with the scales. Maybe instead of making them spots, you could stick with the real fish markings and fade to brown and then add one big white stripe in the middle….just like the fish in the photo. πŸ˜€

Kasie
                  Participant

whippetluv wrote:

I love the face and whatnot…but I am not as fond of the spots with the scales. Maybe instead of making them spots, you could stick with the real fish markings and fade to brown and then add one big white stripe in the middle….just like the fish in the photo. πŸ˜€

I agree with whippet about the real fish markings. I love the mane on this guy. The green and the yellow blend so great. Such cool colors to do him in.

I love the color and the face.

Oh Wolfen-another person from the Houston area…awesome πŸ˜€

I love the fish idea!! I agree with the other folk about making the white marking over his back. The only thing that bugs me is the brownish color (what it looks like on my monitor) streak on his bottom leg. That fish in the photo has some brownish shading along his back. Maybe try blending some brown shading a wee bit in that area of the Ki-Rin…like along his back and slightly down the sides of the back. Ugh…it’s hard to explain what’s in my head.
                    Anyway…I LUV that face!!

I say grab a Ki-Rin and start paintin’! It’s a cool idea with the fish thing!

I love the idea too….
                    Here is what I ment by my thoughts…

Yeah, Whippit! That is really close to what I had in my head too! πŸ˜€

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

Wow!…Thanks for all the comments, guys πŸ™‚ Whippet, I like your idea too! You don’t think that shade of green is too electric? Also, I don’t know what kind of fish he is…I think he may be a clown fish that was either touched up in photoshop or else its just a REALLY bad picture.
                      UnicornLover-YAY sister Houstonian! Do you actually live in the city limits, or in one of the suburbs?

Well, on my monitor the colors do look really bright now that you mention it. Reminds me of those yellow and green highlighters. But I can’t really go by that too much because I know that this particular monitor’s color settings are a little off.

I’m actually in the Houston ‘metropolitan’ area. πŸ˜› I am in Pasadena; and I live off of Fairmont Pkwy, close to Beltway 8. I say Houston because nobody has ever heard of Pasadena, TX. I say Pasadena and most think California. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.