fbpx

the invisibile paint

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody the invisibile paint

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

YES YES YES

Lol i may have to get my first curlie then, so its a auto paint? how hard is it to work with? do you use a normal brush or airbrush? hm…i just had a thought, what would it look like up on a wall mural? or would u not recomend that in the least? sorry my muse is Slowly starting to return and im getting weird idea’s again…

Thanks again.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Tysiana wrote:

Lol i may have to get my first curlie then, so its a auto paint? how hard is it to work with? do you use a normal brush or airbrush? hm…i just had a thought, what would it look like up on a wall mural? or would u not recomend that in the least? sorry my muse is Slowly starting to return and im getting weird idea’s again…

Thanks again.

I’m not sure how it would look on a wall mural- you may not be able to see it on a flat surface. It was made to be on large shaped areas like cars and helmets…
        http://www.xtremecolors.nl/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_28/products_id/54?osCsid=fb49ea091591b52a7110e006f78cdd40

It doesn’t have the same effect on Windstones but you can see you need a ‘shape’ for a point of light to hit. The effect probably wouldn’t be noticeable indoors on a wall.

You need to airbrush this stuff. I tried brushing it on once and made a real mess, the flakes can make a bit of texture.

Most automotive special effects paints do not look the same on Windstones as they do LARGE areas like cars, helmets, etc. I’ve done experiments with chameleon paint too and the effect really doesn’t show up on the small surface areas of a Windstone.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

frozendragon
        Participant

I used the chameleon paint for pottery… on a muse… and it came out interesting…

but you have to have it in really bright light to see the effect…

Star has it now.. I was thinking of doing it on a bigger piece and seeing how that looked…

Jennifer
          Keymaster

frozendragon wrote:

I used the chameleon paint for pottery… on a muse… and it came out interesting…

but you have to have it in really bright light to see the effect…

Star has it now.. I was thinking of doing it on a bigger piece and seeing how that looked…

All the pink dragons I’ve done, or any of them with pink, have chameleon paint… supposed to be a strong pink -> gold effect. It’s… very subtle if there at all. I think they are best on large surfaces!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

frozendragon
            Participant

I like the one paint I told you about before… it has a couple that have gold in them as well.. and it looks really cool…

I used them on my first Keeper PYO I did…

So how much form would you think you would need for the light to show? theres sort of clay you can use on a wall to add for form/texture to a painting, i used a bit in one of my art classes, would that be enough? or does it need a big form like a pyo?

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Tysiana wrote:

So how much form would you think you would need for the light to show? theres sort of clay you can use on a wall to add for form/texture to a painting, i used a bit in one of my art classes, would that be enough? or does it need a big form like a pyo?

You need a large, ’rounded’ form so that the light can form a single ‘point’ on the surface, such as the large rounded areas on cars or even bike helmets. Small texture- I don’t know how that would look.

Jerusha
                Participant

I was just at Auto Zone today looking at clear topcoats, and noticed this spray can:
                  http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Dupli-Color-7-oz-clear-glitter-Effex-paint/_/N-25gw?itemIdentifier=645652_0_0_

It’s called Dupli-Color Clear Effex and claims to give the same effect y’all have described here – metallic flakes giving a hologram sparkle. Anybody have any experience with this stuff? Thoughts? Responses? Results? I figure it’s especially handy since it’s only about $12 a can and for those of us who don’t airbrush (yet), the spray can is an ideal approach 😀

PurpleTurtle
                  Participant

Ooooo! I’d squeak for curlies painted in that special paint squeek* !

Kathleen
                    Participant

dont we already have a production piece painted with this paint. :scratch: the newest mermaids?

Kujacker
                      Participant

JellyFish wrote:

dont we already have a production piece painted with this paint. :scratch: the newest mermaids?

I think (hopefully) they meant an actually painted piece with this paint on top of it. I personally greatly dislike the “black with magic paint”. I don’t think it looks good at all. So I would hope it would be a real paint job.

Azurielle
                        Participant

hmm… I liked the black with the invisible paint…just not on a mermaid…would love to see it on….a fledgie…

Keeper of the Fledgings

Purplecat
                          Participant

autumn leaf curlies…or coiled mothers (my personal squeak!) would look good with the invisible paint I think.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.