fbpx

the invisibile paint

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody the invisibile paint

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

So iv seen a couple dragons up now with this new paint that had the rainbow glitter in the light, im so depressed i couldnt posisbly get one, do you ever think you will use the paint for normal pieces?

Also whats the paint like? and what kind of paint is it?

Thanks.

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

I’m pretty sure she only puts them on limited edition Windstones to make them “special” and different from production ones.

You’ll have to be like me and try and nab fledglings πŸ˜‰

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

frozendragon
      Participant

as far as I know it’s an automotive type paint… and it’s pretty expensive that’s why it’s put on special pieces…

it’s pretty sparkley and interesting.. and mostly only seen in sunlight..

although that new one on ebay looks like it will be able to be seen indoors too…

Jennifer
        Keymaster

It is an automotive paint, it has metal particles in suspension which creates a rainbow holographic look.

It is ludicrously, horrendously expensive, so we will probably only ever see it on special pieces. It is just way too expensive at this point in time to use on regular production pieces.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Melody
          Keymaster

Tysiana wrote:

So iv seen a couple dragons up now with this new paint that had the rainbow glitter in the light, im so depressed i couldnt posisbly get one, do you ever think you will use the paint for normal pieces?

Also whats the paint like? and what kind of paint is it?
            Thanks.The invisible glitter paint is a fancy automotive paint, and really expensive stuff. I forget what it is called …Prisma-something. I don’t think we will ever use it on regular pieces because it is our clever way to identify the first 10 of our production pieces and make them special for ebay, without making them look too different from the rest of the production run.
            However I could paint a batch of curlies with it as lps, since they they are small, and I am using the curlies as a way for people to have relatively inexpensive samples of all the colors we do. That should include the magic invisible paint, right? It is gorgeous.

Barbara
            Participant

If you did that, I would have to get my first curlie. πŸ™‚

Melody
              Keymaster

frozendragon wrote:

as far as I know it’s an automotive type paint… and it’s pretty expensive that’s why it’s put on special pieces…

although that new one on ebay looks like it will be able to be seen indoors too… Sadly, the rainbow glitter doesn’t show up very well indoors. The rainbows only appear when you have one single bright light on the piece, other wise the glitter reflects all the colors of the rainbow at the same time making it look silver.

frozendragon
                Participant

Melody wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

although that new one on ebay looks like it will be able to be seen indoors too… Sadly, the rainbow glitter doesn’t show up very well indoors. The rainbows only appear when you have one single bright light on the piece, other wise the glitter reflects all the colors of the rainbow at the same time making it look silver.

it looks pretty cool on the white one I have… you can still see it inside… under the light…

eventually I’d like to get a display spot with one of the smaller halogen bulbs.. it makes the sparkles show up really well..

Jasmine
                  Participant

Melody wrote:

However I could paint a batch of curlies with it as lps, since they they are small, and I am using the curlies as a way for people to have relatively inexpensive samples of all the colors we do. That should include the magic invisible paint, right? It is gorgeous.

Oh yes, please, please, please, pretty please!!

lamortefille
                    Participant

Jasmine wrote:

Melody wrote:

+1! πŸ˜€

lamortefille wrote:

Jasmine wrote:

Melody wrote:

+1! πŸ˜€

+1 Again! πŸ˜€

Jodi
                      Participant

Me too!! :squeak:

Maria
                        Participant

More curlies are always good.

Travistie
                          Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Jasmine wrote:

Melody wrote:

+1! πŸ˜€

Another vote here, for curlies with magic glitter paint! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.