fbpx

The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Home Forums Miscellany Community The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,224 total)
  • Author
    Ann

Heck Yeah! I just got a job! A real full time job with benefits! I’m so excited! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

etruscan
      Participant

Heck Yeah! I just got a job! A real full time job with benefits! I’m so excited! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Congratulations! πŸ™‚

Adaneth
        Participant

That’s fantastic! Congrats! πŸ™‚

Allison
          Participant

I just paid off my student debt. All of it.

It hasn’t really sunk in yet. I paid for my entire post-secondary education by myself, because my parents just did not have the money to help out financially. I worked crummy factory jobs, I’m currently working an administration job outside of my field while I continue to look for something that fits my degree, and I’ve been dumping every spare penny I’ve made into the black hole that was my debt.

And suddenly it’s gone. Well over $50,000 in seven years, five of which I spent going to school.

Everyone is telling me to splurge on something big (and the Old Warrior that I’ve always wanted is doing a fine job of tempting me), but I just can’t. Too many new debts to save up for, like houses and cars, and I really want to help my parents out a bit too. They may not have been able to write cheques for my tuition, but they’ve supported and sheltered me to the best of their ability for years πŸ™‚

Lupuslunae
            Participant

I just paid off my student debt. All of it.

It hasn’t really sunk in yet. I paid for my entire post-secondary education by myself, because my parents just did not have the money to help out financially. I worked crummy factory jobs, I’m currently working an administration job outside of my field while I continue to look for something that fits my degree, and I’ve been dumping every spare penny I’ve made into the black hole that was my debt.

And suddenly it’s gone. Well over $50,000 in seven years, five of which I spent going to school.

Everyone is telling me to splurge on something big (and the Old Warrior that I’ve always wanted is doing a fine job of tempting me), but I just can’t. Too many new debts to save up for, like houses and cars, and I really want to help my parents out a bit too. They may not have been able to write cheques for my tuition, but they’ve supported and sheltered me to the best of their ability for years πŸ™‚

WTG!!! WOOT! Despite what you’re saving up for next, it’s got to feel good to have crappy/insidious/ideology-instilling student loans no longer hanging over your head. I too am financing my own education through student loans and am dreading the day they come due!

Ann

That is amazing Arya! Congratulations, 50K is seven years is amazing!

Allison
                Participant

Thanks guys! It’s definitely one of my biggest accomplishments, but I’m still sort of numb about it. I figure that when my account balance comes back with a nice old zero where my loan used to be I’ll start laughing like a madwoman πŸ˜›

Adaneth
                  Participant

Congrats, Arya! That is fantastic!! πŸ™‚

Wampus Dragon
                    Participant

YAY, after literally years of searching I’m finally getting my hands on an old batch silver emperor. SO EXCITED!

Welp – I’m the proud owner of a brand new sparkly 2012 Hyundai Tucson… πŸ˜€ Got $3000 for my 2002 Civic (where everything says it should be worth $1200 AT MOST) as a trade-in, got the protection package AND two-way car starter thrown in for free, and got the second up trim level, for less then the price of the lowest trim level. Total I negotiated off the car – around $6000.

HECK YEAH. I was initially just messing with them, but found an insurance company that would save me and my husband about $30/month total… so if I budget a bit, I can totally afford this!

……. *is excited* This is my first brand new car!

YEAH congrats Dragon87 that is awesome!!! It is the best feeling when you get your very first brand new car!! I remember when I got mine and it felt so amazing to know that I got it all on my own and it was all MINE!! πŸ™‚

Rachel
                      Participant

Congrats Dragon87! I’ll be hopefully doing the same thing this summer with a Hyundai Veloster. It will be my first brand new car, too!

Congrats Dragon87! I’ll be hopefully doing the same thing this summer with a Hyundai Veloster. It will be my first brand new car, too!

Sweet! I would have considered the Veloster, but my hubby has a sedan, so it makes more sense to have an SUV as well (for the extra cargo room when we need it).

My license plate ends in ‘666’ – BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! (also a Heck Yeah)

dragonmedley
                        Participant

I just finished re-building my website! The original file was corrupted and wouldn’t let me upload new pics. Took me a while, but it’s done. Woot!!!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley
                          Participant

BOOYAH!!!!

I’m done with the first draft of White Dragon.

πŸ˜€ :beer:

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,224 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.