fbpx

thank you

Home Forums Miscellany Community thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

O_o I’m at a loss for words….I got a box today, a BIG box. I had not ordered anything, and was actually quite depressed…which I’ll go into the why of that a bit later. But, Koishii and I are like….Oh…wow…BIG box! So we open it and start finding the lovely gifts…A shell guide, and the most exquisite collection of shells. The shell guide was put together very cleanly, with pictures, history and description of each shell species. And the shells…just…wow… In a variety of sizes, colors, patterns and textures. Oh…my…..goodness…I’m still in shock… Can everyone say “New Snaildragons” ??? πŸ™‚ There arent words for a big enough thank you, it is such a kind and thoughtful gift, sometimes the generosity of people shock me…especially when there are so many that think only of themselves, and so many cruel people in the world. Look at all the pretty shells!!!!!!

Here’s a slightly different view of them.

The reason for my downheartedness here lately is a bit of a long story. I heard that my mother had moved, this is great news! I’d heard that she’d pulled up her old trailer and took everything with her, and that it was an empty lot. I felt I needed to go see. Bad Idea. I know in my mind what I went through, and how bad it was. There is no forgetting it for someone who suffers that way. It stays with you. I have a good life now, with a family that loves me, good friends, and an engaging and challenging career. I’ve done alot of mental work to heal so I could have these things, and a normal life. The pain fades with time, and has less control over your life. It gets shuffled behind all the other, better things in life that you find…and sits on a back shelf. Going to that vacant lot, and being there affected me more powerfully than I ever thought it would. I broke for a moment…and am still putting myself back together. The backshelf memory of pain became a jarring reality…though a past one…still very hard to cope with.

The drive home was long and quiet, and I got a box that night as well…a sweet blanket from the same person. Soft purple, with kitties on it. thank you again, though your timing was accidental…it means a lot.

Thank you again foxfeather. :)[/img]

Purplecat
      Participant

Jasmine
        Participant

That’s so nice!!

And I’m sorry you’re hurting PC. *Hugs*

dragonmedley
          Participant

That’s wonderful!

Hugs! You need them…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Stephanie
            Participant

What a sweet gift.

*hugs*

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

Sometimes the best gifts are the ones that show up when we need them the most and do the most good. I’m glad that you got one of those to brighten your day!

BIG HUGS TO YOU!!!

That’s so thoughtful! Those are beautiful shells!

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodi
                Participant

That was really nice. Hugs!

lamortefille
                  Participant

That was a very thoughtful gesture. Feel better!

Elena
                    Participant

I’m glad you like them!!! πŸ˜€

I’m also very glad they arrived when you needed a cheer up.

*Big hugs*

Beautiful shells, and such a beautiful gesture. And the perfect timing 😯
                      I hope the pieces settle for you soon PC
                      ~Hugs~

Maria
                      Participant

What a thoughtful action, foxfeather. Tose shells are beatiful – I can’t wait to see what purplecat does with them.

Katherine
                        Participant

Awww…that i so sweet! I am glad it cheered you up! πŸ˜€

Purplecat
                          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

What a thoughtful action, foxfeather. Tose shells are beatiful – I can’t wait to see what purplecat does with them.

lol..yes, I’ve already got a couple sketches for new dragonsnails using some of them. πŸ™‚ I’ve never seen such intricate shells, they are gorgeous.

Thank you for all your kind words. I’m doing some better, it’ll just take some time. πŸ™‚

twindragonsmum
                            Participant

Hang in there, PC… Just know we love ya no matter what πŸ˜€ *Huge hugs*

twindragonsmum, Sean, Ethan, Pixel & Loki πŸ˜€

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.