fbpx

TFs' pyos:new tropical sea dragon pg.5

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone TFs' pyos:new tropical sea dragon pg.5

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author

WOW! That is one stunning paint job…..I love the blues.
    Question: I have not been able to find antiquing in the gel form or in any other colors besides black and brown. I tried the local Michael’s and A.C. Moore’s….any suggestions?

Sometimes…I REALLY wish I collected Dragon PYO’s… πŸ™„ πŸ˜†
    I just keep looking and liking this one more and more every time. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Lokie
    Participant

As always, very clean and sleek looking. I think his wings look fantastic- the blending of the white to blue is perfect.

Tiffany
      Participant

tasgrs wrote:

WOW! That is one stunning paint job…..I love the blues.
        Question: I have not been able to find antiquing in the gel form or in any other colors besides black and brown. I tried the local Michael’s and A.C. Moore’s….any suggestions?

oh! i almost forgot to comment on this! as for the antiquing, i don’t use any product to help, i just use the tiniest amount of water occasionally, often not at all to thin the paint to be ideal for the antiquing. i’ve found for effective antiquing for me is more based on a cleanly laid base coat and the correct amount of pressure with a bare finger at the right time after the paint has had a moment or two to start to set up on the surface.
        i do know of the product of which you are inquiring though! i have some but have never used it yet, but i followed the link in the posts around here to know what product was good. i bought it at michaels, in the isle with the craft paints… its decoart brand “staining and antiquing medium”.. “turns acrylics into a stain” it also reads. same size bottle as the normal decoart craft paints. it has no color, so u can mix the color u want to use with it to make your custom antique. the color of the stuff in the bottle looks like drying elmers’ glue, its milky like. the label is fugly brown with images of wooden trim on it, which makes it easy to mistake it as something purely for wood based crafts. it fooled me the first time i went in there looking for it. i hope that helps! πŸ™‚

lokie!!! yay, hi and thank you! i’ve been meaning to ask you, how is your awesome brown dragon coming?! huh huh? gosh i love that piece!

Lokie
        Participant

tfsculptures wrote:

lokie!!! yay, hi and thank you! i’ve been meaning to ask you, how is your awesome brown dragon coming?! huh huh? gosh i love that piece!

Hi! πŸ˜€ And thank you as well for the nice comments about my brown dragon. πŸ™‚ As for how he’s coming along, well, he coming along… OK… (he’s hideous). Well, maybe not hideous, but my paint job on him is pretty atrocious so I’m going to think of him as a prototype. I’ll post photos of him real soon! You might not love him so much anymore πŸ˜‰

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.