TFs' pyos:new tropical sea dragon pg.5

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone TFs' pyos:new tropical sea dragon pg.5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany
    Participant

yay! i think i finally finished this guy! i had been itching since i saw this piece to dark themed piece with red, so here he is. geez did it take forever to go over all the details and edging on this piece! just like nam said, this piece has a ton of tricky intersection points that could just drive you batty in trying to get everything clean around them if you are using more than one color! >.< soooo many tricky little busy places!
      anyhoo, this guy is based in black drybrushed over with maroon on the highpoints. there are two shades of red: blood red on the dorsal and neck scales, and a bright crimson on the side-of-the-body/tail scales. the other color is a purpley burgundy and the accenting is all done in a gunmetal silver, which looks much brighter in the pics than in real life- the light box totally lights it up like a tree! this piece overall is a bit darker in real life, all the red is true red or deep red (not pinky) and has a glossy finish, but i think the finish lit the piece up in the pics and made it look amazingly matte. this fella saucy glossy! go figure!
      yeah, so i think its done, i’m gonna live with it and see if i want to change anything, but i think i’m pretty happy as i am without opening a major can of worms in additional edging or underlining. see what ya think.

[img]

Tiffany
      Participant

Patricia
        Participant

Good job! He looks great!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Leigha
          Participant

wow! I really like him! Beautiful πŸ™‚

Very nice job. I really like the coloring, even though there is pink in it. I think you broke the new unwritten rule though… he’s not green. πŸ˜‰

Allison
            Participant

He looks fantastic! I really like the gunmetal silver with the black and red, it’s a very nice touch.

I can’t wait to finally get home and get my paws on my own Keeper! All these painted ones are inspiring too look at, but they’re making me desperate to paint my own at the same time πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
              Participant

Beautiful!!!

Tiffany
                Participant

eeep! it really looks pink!? 😯 there is actually no pink anywhere, its all real reds/maroony reds, but the gloss finish on the lighter reds make it shine pinkish on the high points like on the wingweb ( i think that’s where it looks pink). gah! i don’t want it looking pink. πŸ˜• darn cameras. hmm i did take additional close ups that i think helped to clarify any questionable areas, but boy it can be a bummer how some of these can be such a trick to photograph.

Tiffany
                  Participant

Arya wrote:

He looks fantastic! I really like the gunmetal silver with the black and red, it’s a very nice touch.

I can’t wait to finally get home and get my paws on my own Keeper! All these painted ones are inspiring too look at, but they’re making me desperate to paint my own at the same time πŸ˜†

yeah these are alot of fun to paint. there are so many options for how to paint them, its a little maddening trying to decide! plus, its such a big piece i kept rediscovering all these little places and nooks that i almost forgot about. you just keep turning and manipulating the piece and finding more little places. also, at least with the paint scheme/colors i chose, it really varied how the paint job looked depending on the angle you viewed the piece from. particularly those edged scales. the paint would look perfect along the edge from most angles, then slightly off from one other, so i kept rechecking each edged scale from each angle to make sure it looked right. those darn things are everywhere! πŸ˜†
                    anyhoo, this piece IS alot of fun and i’m sure you’ll have a blast when u get to start yours! hopefully that won’t be too long from now!! πŸ™‚ i am itching to start another, but of course i can’t decide what to do. πŸ™„

Anthony
                    Participant

he is wonderful my jaw actually dropped xD

Adaneth
                      Participant

Very dramatic! I like how you painted it. πŸ˜€

WOW!!! Thats just simply AWESOME TF!!!

I didnt even know they came out, til Susie had emailed me about the little silver curlies, and saw they had arrived. I missed it! I didnt even get one πŸ˜₯ :cry:.

P.S. – If anyone has one that they would be willing to sell me, PLEASE PM me. I want one soooooooo badly. πŸ˜₯

Maria
                        Participant

Nice, TF! I love your paint jobs. They’re flashy without being obnoxious.

Jodi
                          Participant

Very pretty! I like it a lot.

Skigod377
                            Participant

I love that purply color on his side. Very cool

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.