fbpx

TFs' pyos:new tropical sea dragon pg.5

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone TFs' pyos:new tropical sea dragon pg.5

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Very nice color combinations. Red and Black ahd always been a favorite of mine.

Kujacker
      Participant

I really really love how you did this guy! He looks wonderful πŸ˜€

wolflodge100
        Participant

Very nice! πŸ˜€

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

WOW! I REALLY like him alot! I’m also not too crazy about the burgundy. Maybe if it was the same crimson or a shade darker I’d like it more, but it’s very stunning as is too! Still one of my favorites I’ve seen so far.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Tiffany
            Participant

woot! well, my pokey self finally finished two more pyos! i have another keeper in the works as well, but i needed to get these two done so as to not get spread tooo thin! i have so many started and half way done! gah!
              anyhoo, i finally did a griffin again as a commission….he was to be inspired by one of the griffin mounts from warcraft….hopefully i’m not stepping on any copyright laws with his looks..it was good to do a griff again, not to mention total painting culture shock, painting feathers and fur all of a sudden instead of scales! 😯 its hard! i need more practice with these guys! his feathers are edged in a silvery blue green and spots were a real bugger! it was actually my first time doing AND finishing spots! they are of no particular cat species, just fantasy griff spots.

[img]
              thennnn, i just finished up this guy, the first piece i have done in a long time with ebay in mind. he is a crazy mix of colors and i couldn’t really think of a good name for him, so i kinda stuck with tropical rainbow, even though he has no purple. oh well. he’s pretty loud, but i think he is fun mix of tone gradation, black antique to bring out the color and i got brave and used periwinkle blue for trim to contrast with the chinese red and golds. not exactly natural by any means, lol. geez, i just kept adding more n more n more to him; he was soooo different when i thought i was “done” initially, but i like how he came out in the end. he originally had no black antique or underlining, and blue only on his wings and dorsal scale points! i really want to try to do a natural toned dragon for a change of pace sometime soon, i just always end up going for more color. anyway, i’ll be curious to see what you guys think of this fella!

[/img]
              [/img]

Jodi
              Participant

Both are very pretty!!

Andrea
                Participant

The feathers on the griffin look great and I love the dragon! Such beautiful colors!

The dragon reminds me of the big flashy dragons they dance with in the parades… πŸ˜€
                  Awesome Griff! πŸ˜€

Maebnus
                  Participant

Wow, that griff is bold! I love it. And that dragon is fan-tas-tic! It reminds me of a wooden parrot thing I bought in Mexico some years ago. Same sort of colors. Nice….

Kujacker
                    Participant

Looove that gryph! His feathers are just wonderful.

Tiffany
                      Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

The dragon reminds me of the big flashy dragons they dance with in the parades… πŸ˜€
                        Awesome Griff! πŸ˜€

OMG lol! he DOES look like a parade dragon! lol! πŸ˜† we live on the parade route here in bristol, home of the oldest 4th of july parade, and they always have the dancing, snaking, fabric dragon in the asian tribute section….so the parade dragon thing is SO fresh in my mind! omg! now i so want to see the colors of the parade dragon from here to see if i subconsciously chose those for this guy! 😯 lol!

KoishiiKitty
                        Participant

WOW! I love the dragon <3!!!! those colors are sooo pretty together!

dragonmedley
                          Participant

I really like the griffin.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
                            Participant

Just love the feathers on that griffin. πŸ˜€ Great work on both of them!

Maria
                              Participant

I can’t believe your style, TF. I have a feeling one of these days I’ll break down and commission something from you if it weren’t for the space problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.