fbpx

Sunrise Griffin

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Sunrise Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

This guy was done for a trade with Frozendragon – he was the one who suggested a griffin in sunrise colors. I picked out a bunch of my favorite sunrise pictures for nice colors…I’m not sure if he resembles any of them, but I think he came out pretty just the same. ^_^ If you don’t mind bright shiny gaudy morning colors! He was a nice break from what I’ve been doing with the PYOs lately, and a lot of fun!

I didn’t do very much antiquing as I was using a lot of light colors and a lot of irridecent colors…but there is a little on his butt and his front feet (his front feet are kinda neat – pink base, pink and blue antiquing and interference orange over that)

There are some interference orange and blue accents that probably don’t show up in the picture…including on his beak, which has both – I swear his beak is a little less boring than it looks in the pics!

I’ve added a bad indoor photo to show how much his colors change depending on the light and whats around him.

πŸ˜‰ Hope you like him, frozen!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
      Participant

-J R R Tolkien

lamortefille
        Participant

Your work is so beautiful!

Beautiful! He reminds me of a tropical drink with all different kinds of fruit. πŸ™‚

Maria
          Participant

Wow! The coloring is unique. The blending is great, and that indoor photo really helps to show his true color. Nice!

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

😯 I am completely stunned yet again! I don’t even want to paint anymore, I just want all the ones you paint! LOL!

This is absolutely beautiful!!! Every new griffin you paint is more beautiful then the last

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

frozendragon
              Participant

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT….

I am so very special…I deserve lots of cookies for getting this one….

Starbreeze
                Participant

frozendragon wrote:

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT….

I am so very special…I deserve lots of cookies for getting this one….

I think Arilla is the one who should get lots of cookies… πŸ™„ πŸ™„ πŸ™„

πŸ˜† I second that!

frozendragon
                  Participant

Um….yeah that makes more sense…. guess I was too excited

Wow, way to go Arlla and frozen!!! I love it, it’s beautiful!

Arlla
                    Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

😯 I am completely stunned yet again! I don’t even want to paint anymore, I just want all the ones you paint! LOL!

This is absolutely beautiful!!! Every new griffin you paint is more beautiful then the last

XD Oh, HUSH!! You can’t say that when my firebird griffin is staring at me from across the room!

-J R R Tolkien

Arlla
                      Participant

Yay! ^_^ I’m glad everyone likes him – especially you frozen! Thanks for the challenge…I don’t think I would have done one quite like this by myself. I don’t remember, do I have your address? Send it to me in a PM just in case and I’ll send you mine too…

Next up, a Kirin for Phoenix that looks like her pony, Frodo! πŸ˜€

-J R R Tolkien

frozendragon
                        Participant

Arlla wrote:

Yay! ^_^ I’m glad everyone likes him – especially you frozen! Thanks for the challenge…I don’t think I would have done one quite like this by myself. I don’t remember, do I have your address? Send it to me in a PM just in case and I’ll send you mine too…

PM’d….my next one is ski’s pink dragon…

that should be done tomorrow…hehe

Arlla
                          Participant

frozendragon wrote:

Arlla wrote:

PM’d….my next one is ski’s pink dragon…

that should be done tomorrow…hehe

After all the pretty pink in this guy, I really want to do an all pink griff for ski! ;D Hey, Ski – you want a pink griffin??

-J R R Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.