fbpx

Summer Leaf Dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Summer Leaf Dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

There are some leaves around here that are already starting to turn orange despite it not even being fall yet. I wanted to paint a dragon like a leaf that was just barely beginning to change colors. I thought it would look great on a dragon, and he’s the result. I used no interference paints (I wanted a more natural look) and he is sprayed with a glossy finish.

πŸ˜€ These guys are so fun to paint, there are so many color possibilities! Unfortunately, I just used up the last of my PYOs on another dragon, so I need to order some more. I’d love to see him go to a forum member, so he’s up for offers.

Nifty idea. He came out great! I can picture him hiding among the leaves to pounce on prey.

Great combination of colors, so unique looking.

KoishiiKitty
    Participant

what a cool dragon!!!!!!!OOOOO I love that one! the colors are perfect! transitioning from red to orange and green to yellow! it looks so beliveable!

Oh, that is awesome. I love autumn colors.

Thank you for all the compliments! πŸ˜€ He was a fun dragon to paint.

Koishii, thank you! I was going for believable, it’s fun to try and paint a dragon so that it looks like it could actually be real somewhere, and that goes for 2D art as well. Of course, the keyword there is try, I’ve still got a lot to learn πŸ˜€

Jodi
      Participant

Ooo! He’s pretty. Good job!

Megan
        Participant

Ooh-la-la! Awesome blending there. I really like this guy πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

Kaylalily wrote:

Thank you for all the compliments! πŸ˜€ He was a fun dragon to paint.

Koishii, thank you! I was going for believable, it’s fun to try and paint a dragon so that it looks like it could actually be real somewhere, and that goes for 2D art as well. Of course, the keyword there is try, I’ve still got a lot to learn πŸ˜€

well you did a great job. the coloration looks very natural on it and makes the features of the dragon stand out nicely ^.^

lamortefille
            Participant

Lovely! πŸ˜€

Oh nice! I love him! He’s awesome!

Jennifer
              Keymaster

I really like him!! I can’t really afford to buy him right now, the con I went to ate all my money. But, I have some old PYO griffins I painted that I need to get rid of- if you’d like to trade for one lemme know. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Bob

You did a GREAT job with him. I wish I had more money right now. WOW you can get a Nam original. I’d go for that myself!!But that is only me

Nambroth wrote:

I really like him!! I can’t really afford to buy him right now, the con I went to ate all my money. But, I have some old PYO griffins I painted that I need to get rid of- if you’d like to trade for one lemme know. πŸ™‚

Thank you everyone! πŸ˜€ Nam, I am so tempted! If I didn’t need to get more blank PYOs I’d seriously consider that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.