fbpx

Store ideas

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

mmloda wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

I don’t think it’s realistically feasible for Windstone to offer layaway right now (not enough time, not enough people to handle paperwork and payments, not enough space to store layaway items).

Why not get a jar and put any spare ‘fun money’ in it and pretend you’re doing layaway.. then once you have enough saved up, boom- you can purchase the item outright. :} Or set up a fun money savings account. These days many banks offer savings with a low to no minimum amount in the account.
    I think the problem here is that by the time you finally have enough money to buy the item out right they are all sold out and you missed on the item you really REALLY wanted
    For occasions like that, use a credit card. πŸ˜‰
    The credit card idea is great…but honestly I can max out my credit card at the online store in 5 minutes and once a new windstone comes out I’m in the same situation again with not enough money adn the credit card is all maxed. πŸ˜•
    My suggestion would be to use the credit card only for situations where you really want the piece and its also likely that Windstone isn’t going to make any more. For all other situations, I think Nam’s suggestion would be the best way to go. πŸ™‚

Mmloda
    Participant

mimitrek wrote:

mmloda wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

I don’t think it’s realistically feasible for Windstone to offer layaway right now (not enough time, not enough people to handle paperwork and payments, not enough space to store layaway items).

Why not get a jar and put any spare ‘fun money’ in it and pretend you’re doing layaway.. then once you have enough saved up, boom- you can purchase the item outright. :} Or set up a fun money savings account. These days many banks offer savings with a low to no minimum amount in the account.
      I think the problem here is that by the time you finally have enough money to buy the item out right they are all sold out and you missed on the item you really REALLY wanted
      The credit card idea is great…but honestly I can max out my credit card at the online store in 5 minutes and once a new windstone comes out I’m in the same situation again with not enough money adn the credit card is all maxed. πŸ˜•
      My suggestion would be to use the credit card only for situations where you really want the piece and its also likely that Windstone isn’t going to make any more. For all other situations, I think Nam’s suggestion would be the best way to go. πŸ™‚

I know…I know well since Windstone probably will not do the layaway think in the near future or ever…I will try that and see how it works out πŸ˜€ Thanks.

Marzena

Pegasi1978
      Participant

mimitrek wrote:

mmloda wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

This is exactly why my husband and I only have one credit card that is to be used only for emergencies (and Windstones don’t count). We’re still trying to pay the balance off from when we splurged on it two years ago and then had an emergency come up that maxed it out. We’ve finally gotten half the balance paid off and hopefully in a few months will have the remainder of the balance paid off as well. It would be closer to getting paid off, but my husband wanted a laptop so he could get online easier while he is deployed. Finally got that chunk paid for again. πŸ™‚

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Nambroth wrote:

Kind of like paying yourself first. Shortly after my husband comes home from his deployment he will be getting out of the army and we will enter civilian life. Since I know we are going to need money to move, find jobs, set up utilities, et cetera I have been taking a set portion of his paycheck and putting it into a savings account. Since I don’t see the savings account (other to transfer money into it and then out for credit card payments) I don’t spend the money. Once the credit card is paid off the money will stay there and hopefully we will have a nice chunk of change for the future.

mmloda wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

mmloda wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

I know…I know well since Windstone probably will not do the layaway think in the near future or ever…I will try that and see how it works out πŸ˜€ Thanks.
          Good luck with it! I hope it works for you.

pegasi1978 wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

mmloda wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

This is exactly why my husband and I only have one credit card that is to be used only for emergencies (and Windstones don’t count). We’re still trying to pay the balance off from when we splurged on it two years ago and then had an emergency come up that maxed it out. We’ve finally gotten half the balance paid off and hopefully in a few months will have the remainder of the balance paid off as well. It would be closer to getting paid off, but my husband wanted a laptop so he could get online easier while he is deployed. Finally got that chunk paid for again. πŸ™‚
          I think the laptop was a good reason to use the credit card, at any rate. My laptop is definitely the most indispensable and most used thing that I own! πŸ˜† Its great that you’ll be getting it all paid off in a few months. πŸ™‚

Susie
          Keymaster

Quote:

Nambroth is totally right. I wouldn’t expect layaway in the future either. Sorry.

darjeb
            Participant

I think that’s a great idea – you are so smart

I don’t have a store idea, but I have a suggestion. Susie, when you post about new stuff…could you possibly post a link as well? If it is a big hassle then don’t worry about it.

Susie
              Keymaster

Quote:

I don’t have a store idea, but I have a suggestion. Susie, when you post about new stuff…could you possibly post a link as well?

That’s a good idea. I’ll try to remember to do it!

Yay, thanks much. πŸ˜€

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.