fbpx

stomach issues continue

Home Forums Miscellany Community stomach issues continue

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Nice to finally be getting some positive answers to a frustrating situation!

tdm 😀

tdm

dragonmedley
      Participant

Oh good! Some light at the end of the tunnel… I hope it’ll be THE solution.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Have you been tested for gastroparesis? You seem to have some of the same symptoms that I had in 2009.

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

I haven’t been tested for this, and this is the first time I’ve heard of it! What were the symptoms you were dealing with?

Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting at the sight, smell, or thought of food, muscle weakness and much more. I lost almost 30 lbs in one month. It took the doctors over three to find out what was wrong. At first they thought it was my gall bladder, and I had an ultra scan and a hida scan done. That showed nothing wrong. Then went to see the gall blader doc. Did ct scans and other tests that I cant remember right off. He sent me to a gastrologist. He did the endoscopic and colonscopy. Nothing wrong there. Thats when they had a gastro nuclear empting test done. Finially found out my stomach had quit working. I was geting nausea and vomiting because I was eating more and more food without it being processed. There would be a hard lump on my right side of undigested food that I would feel. The empting test showed that, at that time, I still had 79 % of the food I eat still in my stomach 4 hours after I eat. The average person has less than 10%. Last year, 2012, I had the test done again b/c I felt like I was getting worse. Test results showed that 96% of the food I eat was still in my stomach 4 hours later.

I hope you find out whats wrong soon, and that it is something they can if not cure than at lest treat.

Nina
          Participant

Quick update for every one. Doctors still haven’t come up with anything. But after talking to a few people, I’ve started the gluten free diet. It’s about a month and a half now. My symptoms haven’t been as extreme as they were getting. After another couple weeks I’ll test it out. I’ll be talking about it with my doctor too. So far, I’d say it’s definitely having a good affect. Thanks to every one for the thoughts and suggestions. 🙂

So glad to here the new diet’s helping! I was having stomach issues awhile back & had had them for years, turns out I was allergic to almost everything I was eating LOL, did some major diet changes & it’s help me. But I would not give up chocolate LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.