stomach issues continue

Home Forums Miscellany Community stomach issues continue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    KoishiiKitty
    Participant

Hey guys,
      I know I’ve really been slow with getting out some nice pyo’s and not really been around too much. This year seems to just have been weird…and draining on me. It’s been hard to find motivation and I had no idea why..

Well, I’ve been not feeling good, a lot more. Ever try painting on an upset stomach? I’ve had stomach troubles for a long time….but this year just might be different..
      My stomach pains have turned into true attacks, wracking me with such intense nausiated upset that I can’t move at all. And on general, it seems that my days of ‘not feeling well’ just have increased. Thankfully I am under my Dad’s insurance until the end of Jan..other wise…well that is just not a pleasant thought.

So the first time I got hit with this really back nausia, I thought it was just some heat exhaustion from standing out in some warm sunlight and my body just beeing really wierd, back in august.

In September, I got hit again, out of the blue. I had a mild upset stomach….and then out of no where, I was getting so nuasiated that I had to sit down. The rest of the day for 3 hours was me bent over a bucket, with an ice pack on my guts, trying not to pass out.

I got hit again after a wonderfull hike..thankfully the group I was with chose to chill out and roast hot dogs instead of driving in the car right away.

This last time though, really made me worried. I had started getting an upset stomach again, after walking around the mall some with my sis..no big deal. I went to Fedex to get some prints made and it hit me full force there, I felt intensely sick and was getting disoriented with pain…and the next thing I know I was on my back on the floor. My sister called my parents, and after the nausia came back full throttle, we went to the ER. I was shaking uncontrollably and could not think from the pain. They gave me fluids, and I finaly was so bad I tried throwing up, they gave me a dose of anti nausia meds and it took a second dose to get a full relief. They didn’t find anything in the labs, ekg, or ultrasound of my stomach.

But this is becoming a pattern…..I’ve had 6 severe upsets in 4 months and a lot more ‘sick’ days where the only symptom is my stomach……

The doctor thinks it could be my Gaul Bladder valve not working. But there is no knowing until I go and get tested this Wednesday. So at the moment…no sure diagnosis of what is causing this.

I’ll be around, but I just may be posting a lot slower then I was before. But this is why the slowness lately. I do have arts in the works….slowly…very slowly..but they will get done if I don’t die first!

Misty
      Participant

Hope you get to feeling better. Take care of yourself, so you can come back strong!

Amy
        Participant

Wow, that sounds really scary. I’ve had anxiety related vomiting problems before, and they have been kinda out of the blue, but I never passed out or was in that much pain or anything, just really neausiated. I hope they’re able to find out what the problem is and fix you right up. 🙂

Too bad you’re not a Windstone, there’s plenty of folks here who could patch you up perfectly 😉

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

I think a lot of things would be simpler if I was a windstone….

This is really a terrible nausia. You know how when your stomach is affected, be it stress, flue, car sickness, you feel it coming but throwing up is involuntary. Your body at least tries to heave weather you want it too or not?

Well this is not like that. I’d probably feel a lot better with the involuntary projection….but this is not like a sick stomach…it’s more like something else is in pain and is causing the rest of my guts to feel intense nausia. The result is being in mind altering pain but not being able to throw up. I’d take on the flue over this any time.

Azurielle
            Participant

Sounds like gallbladder attacks to me. Unfortunetly it can be difficult to diagnose gallbladder problems, because sometimes it defies conventional testing. Several family members of mine who had porblems narrowed down most of their attcks to what they ate within a few hours of the attacks. Alcohol, and fatty foods almost always were culprits.Unfortunetly only real way to fix the problem is to have the GB out, which thankfully is a fairlyt easy surgery nowadays. Anyhow, hope you feel better. I certainly sympathize, and hope your tests give you some sort of conclusive answer. Not knowing is usually worse than just about anything else.

Keeper of the Fledgings

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

Well, I got back my report from the hida scan. It says my GB is functioning %98 normal. Which…is normal.

So…not sure what will happen now. I am still having these pains. I’ll talk to the doc monday and find out what is next.

Also..I meant to put this in the Community section. Whoops.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Sounds like you are having attacks similar to Vertigo. My sister got the same thing because she had a pinched nerve in her neck. The same nausea with horrible pain in her stomach and so dizzy she could barely get to the bathroom. She was sick as a dog for weeks. It took a while to figure out what the problem was because doctors were focusing on “stomach” issues, not something to do with her spine.

There are SO MANY things that can cause those kinds of attacks though. It’s hard to figure out what it is and harder to diagnose and treat properly when you don’t know what the true underlying cause is.

I hope you feel better soon Koi. Big hugs sent your way!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Andrea
                  Participant

Any chance you could find a good chiropractor? I had a friend who was suffering from diarhea horribly after a car accident. All western medicine failed and she went to chiropractor and found a nerve being pinched and was cured with a few adjustments.
                    Good luck to you!

Adaneth
                    Participant

On the off chance it IS vertigo-related, have you tried taking dramanine/bonine? I had horrid nausea when I had bad vertigo earlier this year, and…it’s just hard to describe.

If those help, then it might not be your stomach at all, but something with inner ear/balance/part of the brain. Maybe something to rule out, if nothing else. The bonine didn’t fix my verigo or give me my appetite back, but at least it brought the nausea way down and stopped the occasional pointless vomiting!

KoishiiKitty
                      Participant

That is something to look into, although the first direction is gastral intestinal.

I’ve not been experiencing any dizzyness. And that is one of the common denominating vertigo symptoms. Although I have heard there is a lot of weird things pinched nerves can do.

When I passed out it was like getting hit with instant flue like sickness. I’m not sure if it was pain causing nausia or nausia causing pain. But both were so intense that it was the pain and nausia were overwhealming my ability to do anthything else and that is what cause the black out.

I was feeling a bit better this weekend. Still not pushing myself, but my appetite was doing better, and my sister made some corned beef brisket stew so I really chowed down. After word though, right after I finished eating, it felt like my intestines had been shreaded and now anything moving through them was causing pain. Like when you scratch up your arm then try wearing a wool sweater. Everything just hurt for the next hour and a half. It was a different pain location then what caused me to pass out, but It is highly likely to be connected to it. It definately was my intestines themselves and related to having food in them.

After I talk to the doctor and get what ideas he has, I’m going out today to try and see if another attack will happen, but this time I’ll be eating fruit smoothie.

siberakh1
                        Participant

Have you checked into food triggers? Just in case it’s something like diverticulosis? Wouldn’t hurt to see if a pinched nerve is causing some issues either. It’s amazing that a muscle or nerve issue in one part of the body can really affect something in a seemingly unrelated part of the body. An example is having a pulled muscle in the lower back affecting a singer’s vocal chords greatly. Acupuncture perhaps?

Keep us posted! Being sick long term with ‘mystery’ illnesses is no fun (been there when I was in high school, and it stunk, but solved it after almost a year with some research, trial and error and a couple of really caring doctors!).

*sends healing thoughts to Koishii*

KoishiiKitty
                          Participant

So I had my doc app this week. The next idea is that it could be a spastic esophagus, the lower part of the esophagus. It’s not a for sure diagnosis…so I am on the meds right now, and get to try and trigure an attack. If one doesn’t happen, then I stay on the meds for a few weeks to see if one might occure later. With the high location of the pain when the attacks occure and some of the other indicators, like stomach novacain and antinausia meds not working when I tried those, this is a reasonable hypothesis to check into. I’ve been on the meds a few days now and taking it easy, so I plan on testing things out later today.

PurpleTurtle
                            Participant

Hope your feeling better Koishii. I also hope they can track down whats going on and the cause. Few things are as bad as not knowing the specific cause of an illness/pain. Keep us posted.

Nina
                              Participant

🙁 I hope you find out what it is so you can get it treated. I’ve had gastroenteritis in the past & it has a lot of the same issues you’re having. It was not fun and I ended up in the ER hooked up to an IV for days. 🙁 So hope you get to feeling better!

It is no fun when you have something wrong & can’t figure out the cause. I hope your doctors figure it out soon. Hugs!

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.