fbpx

stomach issues continue

Home Forums Miscellany Community stomach issues continue

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

It’s great that you can get some activities in. Keep up with the food log; you never know, it might one simple thing you need to avoid. I have a friend who found out she was intolerant to a bunch of fruits. She stopped eating them and feels much better now!

Big, healing hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

kila26
      Participant

I am really sorry to hear about the health issues you have been dealing with. I can empathize because I have had serious health issues for the last 3 years. Traditional doctors helped me very little so I turned to more natural and homeopathic practitioners and they have helped me tremendously. I would highly recommend a nutritionist that I have been working with. She is so knowledgeable and treats people through diet and some supplements. The cost of her treatment is so reasonable and her methods of treatment are natural and safer than all the drugs that doctors push which usually don’t help and have lots of bad side effects. Her name is Karen Hurd and her website is http://www.karenhurd.com. She has a lot of good info on her site. You can do all your consulting with her over the phone. I just started using this forum even though I have been a member for awhile so I hope it is ok to post this kind of info. Hope you find a solution to your problems soon!

Misty
        Participant

I hope you get it aall figured out soon! At least it is somewhat handleable now and you can do some more active type stuff. Feel better soon =)

HUGS

Heather
          Participant

Lawsey. 🙁 I’ve been away from the Forum too long–I hadn’t realized what you were going through was so severe! I’m really sorry to hear it.

It sounds like they are slowly chipping away at the list of possibilities. I wish it were not such a gradual process–it’s hard to be in limbo, not knowing what is causing you so much grief–but unfortunately the digestive tract can be like that. It only knows how to do a few things to signal that it’s unhappy: cramp, throw up, and diarrhea. That’s not much of a vocabulary, and it can get frustrating trying to figure out why it’s teed off. Especially since it can be upset because of so many things: food allergy, infection, the neighbors acting up (gall bladder, pancreas, liver), or a long-distance argument with some other system (endocrine disease).

It’s good that you’re keeping a log of symptoms: finding the patterns can be essential to nailing down the cause. I sure hope that they figure out some solutions soon! Hang in there.

Anonymous

“smelling errors”, I found them quite amusing XD

Anywho, I feel like a jerk I haven’t seen this thread until now. It’s too bad we can’t keep in closer touch D: My awareness of what’s going on is so sad that I usually only find out about anything through friends on IM.

All I can think of is all the similar problems of people I know resulted due to colon cancer. I’m really scared and hope it’s nothing life threatening Koish. Doctors drive me nuts; they’re just so useless half the time making a medical industry rather than legitimately considering one’s health at risk.

Also yes that’s very lucky for horse accidents. I myself am getting fat lips and giant bruises from my surfboard on a regular basis XD

I can’t believe after all this time they still can’t figure out what is wrong. So frustrating. I hope that the next thing they try will get you some answers, meanwhile hang in there. Hugs!

Kyrin

Bodine
              Participant

Bless your heart.I hope you get better as soon as possible.
                Sometimes I just do not get the medical profession,not to be insulting at all but sometimes I just shake my head.I know a few young ladies suffering badly because they are feeling like they want to die with their misery and illnesses and noone seems to be able to help them.This is so sad for you all and I pray you all get well soon.Good health is a blessed thing.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

Here’s a update on things so far.

The problems are still the same.
                  Finally got the appointment for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. It started off badly and really left my entire system irritated.
                  Everything looked fine, Very clean and healthy with a few spots of gastritis and some hernias. No one seemed concerned about that. They got the biopsies tested the next day(this all happened monday) and everything they tested for came back benine, with the message of,”I think you are dealing with IBS, you can make a follow up appointment.”

I have to look up some of the stuff she said she tested because it didn’t sound familier. So at the moment I’m upset and my intestines are still irritated. I’ll be having a talk with this doctor when I cool off some.

Nina
                  Participant

Well I’m glad you’re getting everything tested just to be on the safe side. Half the time though I think doctors have no idea what their doing LOL That’s why I’m into more holistic medicine ^_^

I feel so bad u are suffering so much pain, I don’t know what its like to have severe stomach problems, I suffer from migraines. But, my aunt and my mom suffer from what u seem to have. My moms problem is IBS, and my aunts is stomach ulcers. But, (this might seem scary but, I was watching a show on animal planet called monsters inside me, and I saw a parasite that anyone can get (I think from pork) and it lurks in the digestive systems. It causes symptoms like those of IBS, and I believe is hard to detect. Maybe u want to get tested for that? I’m gonna mention it to my mom too. I really hope ur pain goes away n that u feel better soon, being in pain in any form is no fun what so ever. Best wishes, Nela 🙂

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

Yeah, that is true. Parasites are one of the things I asked to be checked since I eat sushi, but pork is another way of getting them. They didn’t find anything, and so far things haven’t gotten worse.

It’s frustrating. I’m used to being able to go out and do things, with just maybe light fatigue. So this definately has affected how I am able to do things.Fortunately I have a really supportive family and friends so they help with what ever is happening, and you guys are just really awesome.

I’ve got an appointment to discuss things further with my doctor, figure out what to do next.

windstonefan
                      Participant

Looks like I am a little late for this but the doctors tried to figure out my stomach problems for 10 years yes 10 years. An I had problems for 20 years off and on. Then the last 10 I was treated for ulcers.
                        I had all kinds of tests. I used to do my job as a grocery stocker and stock in a huddled position(bent half way over) the pain was so intense and if I bent over to far the food would start to come up and I would toss everything I ate. It was like a fist punching me in the stomach only outwards- It was –no spicey fatty food of and kind no acidy foods either–no caffine –no chocolate. Later it was anothing I ate it was anything I ate. It was a really bad attack that I was actually crawling on the floor up the stairs to get my son to take me to the ER. I couldn’t take it anymore. They guessed gall bladder stones as the cause or Kidney stones same as my doctors but every test always came out good. But then ever test was done after I was better.

Not this time the stone was finally visible it was cloging everything up and what happened after the attack was it went back down and hid from the ultasound test. Imediatly they tested for high levels of something in my urine and it was positive also.

After getting the Gall bladder out my lower digestion changed other things changed I could eat those spicy acidy foods now and chocolate as well but the trade off is another condition I atribute to getting that Gall bladder removed I won’t speak of it now. I will always have it.

Also here is something else that is also a problem if you have one kind of stone you most likely will get the privledge of getting that other down the line. Kidney stones. I have had those 2 times now. Those are easier to see and diagnose. But not a whole lot of fun either. Understatment.

I hope by now that they have found out your problem if not just keep going to the ER while under a attack. I only wish I had known that is the best time to get checked out. Good Luck and God Bless.

windstonefan

windstonefan
                        Participant

Okay looks like I forgot to flip the page here. I have been diagnosed with both Colitis and IBS same tests were done 2 differant doctors the last one was doing surgery on me and I was in remission. Weather that matters or not I don’t know. The treatment varies and everyone dose not have the same symptoms.

When I got it my weight went from 137lbs to 99 and I have gone lower at times. Just depends on how long I can go with out a bout of it.

Some doctors treat with Steroids I can’t take those. I take Dicyclomine and that will stop the cramping with-in- 10 minutes.

THE WEIGHT LOSS IS FROM DIAHERRA THE TOILET WAS MY BEST FRIEND FOR 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT. A ER doctor put me on that drug and it works the best for me. Ask your doctor for this drug my doctor was behind the times he still is but a doctor straight out of Medical School was up on all the latest treatments and this really works. I say again good luck. An God Bless.

windstonefan

Bodine
                          Participant

Sorry you are not well yet but try and take care of yourself well.Read all you can and learn so you can ask more questions.Knowledge is power so power up girl!
                            More than one person I know has been poked and prodded with no results and started searching,found out things for themselves and helped the doctors help them.I hope they find the answer soon.Good luck and get well.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

KoishiiKitty
                            Participant

Quick update for every one. Doctors still haven’t come up with anything. But after talking to a few people, I’ve started the gluten free diet. It’s about a month and a half now. My symptoms haven’t been as extreme as they were getting. After another couple weeks I’ll test it out. I’ll be talking about it with my doctor too. So far, I’d say it’s definitely having a good affect. Thanks to every one for the thoughts and suggestions. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.