fbpx

*SQUEE!!!* so excited!

Home Forums Miscellany Community *SQUEE!!!* so excited!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    ladybrooklyn
    Participant

Ok… even though this isn’t one of my model horse forums… I just have to post… since I’m soooo excited!

A bit of background information…

I collect Model horses.. have for years… Well, ever since my father brought home a copy of “Brighty of the Grand Canyon” when I was 12 or 13… I’ve had small obssession with that book and the character ever since.

Well… Breyer… makes a model of that character… You can see him here…

http://ponylagoon.muerte.net/photopages/brightypics.shtml

I have a “conga line” of that mold… in both Original Factory Finish (OF) and Customized (CM) versions. Here is a picture of my CM Brightys…

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2213399110079061622klJNGE

Anyway… on to the real story of this post! πŸ˜†

YEARS ago… I went to a craft fair in Prescott, AZ… I still remember seeing CERAMIC versions of this little donkey. I also remember wanting one REALLY badly… and my mother telling me… “no… you already have a Brighty… you don’t need a ceramic one…”

Now… years later. I WANT that Ceramic Brighty! I’ve moved on to collecting “knock offs” of this mold. I have a pewter, smaller resin version (http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/ba/9d/37_2.JPG) and even a cast COAL version of him!

But.. what I really want is that CERAMIC one…

Lo and behold I check my email today… and that SAME vendor from the craft fair found my ad for Knock Off Brightys on Model Horse Sales Pages!!! She said she had just recently found the mold… and was going to cast some more!!!

I just can’t BELIEVE that that same vendor found ME!!! I’m just hoping she’ll paint a couple of these Brightys up for me… and then give ME a few to play with and have Custom glazed! OMG I’m just so psyched!

(If you are REALLY curious as to how far my insanity goes for this donkey… check out this website I’m making for him…. http://www.freewebs.com/desertsunstudios/ Unfortunately SOME of it won’t work… the “history of Brighty” link I think is dead. πŸ˜› Yeah… maybe I’ll work on that site this weekend… :lol:)

ladybrooklyn
      Participant

Skigod377
        Participant

Wow…Well, Im glad you got what you wanted after all this time. How cool is that… but I must say… now I know how some folks look at me when I talk about Windstones! Obsess much? πŸ˜† If you do get some to paint, will you post them here?

ladybrooklyn
          Participant

Of course. πŸ˜€

Actually… in that picture on Webshots… of the CM brightys… the first on in the foreground… the redish one… I painted. ^.^

I’m allowed to obsess… It keeps me sane (if that makes any sense… 😯 ). I blame my father for bringing that book home to me. Seriously… it’s all sentimental… I still have the original Brighty (he’s the same one in all of the “Backpacking Brighty” pics.) He’s a good 13 yrs old… so scuffed up… but so loved. πŸ˜€

And hey… it makes me stand out in a crowd! My model horse friends are ALWAYS finding me donkeys. πŸ˜€

Ooooh… ::wonders if Melody would ever consider a winged donkey:: πŸ˜†

Skigod377
            Participant

LOL! I can picture it! Those are adorable. The pic would not load for me earlier, but I see it now. That donkey is cuuute! I can appriciate those.

ladybrooklyn
              Participant

Which picture wouldn’t load?

Odd…if it was the webshots one… now it’s not loading for me either… strange… it did earlier… 😯

Wow, that’s fantastic! Its amazing that the artist found you after all this time.

Skigod377
                Participant

ladybrooklyn wrote:

Which picture wouldn’t load?

Odd…if it was the webshots one… now it’s not loading for me either… strange… it did earlier… 😯

I just had to refresh a couple times. It worked.

ladybrooklyn
                  Participant

mimitrek wrote:

Wow, that’s fantastic! Its amazing that the artist found you after all this time.

I know! We’re talking 10+ years!!! The particular trip I’m remembering was way back in 1993 or so…

THAT is what is impressive… :mrgreen:

Skigod377
                    Participant

ladybrooklyn wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

I know! We’re talking 10+ years!!! The particular trip I’m remembering was way back in 1993 or so…

THAT is what is impressive… :mrgreen:
                      Whoa! I didnt realize it was that long! What a miricle you even had the same contact information!

That’s really cool! What a great surprise.

I had Breyers when I was a kid and am now buying them for a couple of nieces. I got sucked into some for me – Barbaro, Autumn Shimmer and the half pinto Arabian family from JCPenny. Shouldn’t have bought them, don’t have a place for them, don’t care – they are totally cool.

Bob

As soon as I saw the picture I thought of Donkey from Shrek

ladybrooklyn
                        Participant

Oh I have plans to turn Brighty into so many things… among them is Donkey… and maybe his and Dragon’s “offspring”… πŸ˜†

SPark
                          Participant

Eee! I love the little donkey-dragons!

Bob

I’d LOVE to see them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.