fbpx

*SQUEE* More curls!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone *SQUEE* More curls!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Yeah, but ladybrooklyn’s cat did a good job of wrecking hers. I only have one glass-front and it doesn’t hold all my dragons, so some are sitting on ledges and could easily get knocked down if Retta decided to stand up and sniff them. I doubt she’d do that, but better safe than sorry, especially since the most susceptible to damage would be my beloved Emerald Riser. 😛

that is called Murphy’s law

I can’t believe how much these re-sold limited production pieces are going for — did you see the selling price for the green fledgling? 😯 Unbelievable…

SPark
      Participant

It doesn’t surprise me. It almost makes me wish I’d bought more than one of any of those, really! *grin*

Maria
        Participant

Mm, I don’t like this development. Maybe one or two people “accidentally” bought doubles, and the person they got them for didn’t want the dragons, or the buyers didn’t end up liking the new pieces, but I’m sure some of the people just bought to resell and make money of folks who missed the first batches. I don’t think that’s very honest.

Nina
          Participant

yea I almost wish windstone could put a limit on how many one person could buy, or have to give a reason for buying like 3 or more. did you see btwedding (think that’s the user name) bought 3 of each!?

SPark
            Participant

What’s not honest about it? They were for sale. They were bought. They are being re-sold. Nobody is being cheated. Nobody is being lied to. Somebody is making money, but if others didn’t feel that these items were worth the price, they wouldn’t bid.

And it’s not like those bidding on these curls right now would have gotten curls if this seller hadn’t bought two. Likely they would have been bought by somebody else entirely, odds are those bidding completely missed the original auction, and not just by seconds. So they’d be without a curl anyhow, and those who really want them badly enough to pay extra can now get them. I suppose the theoretical person who could have bought them at the $60 price is missing out, but… there’s no way to satisfy everybody, except to make them regular production and make enough for everybody, and then that would be cheating those of us who bought them because we wanted something special!

Edit: Additional point I just thought of. If we really want to be fair, wouldn’t we have to stop the mailing list and not announce new things here on the forums, to be fair to all the collectors who aren’t members of the forum, and thus miss out on things, because we at the forum buy them all up so fast? The real issue I have with this line of thought is that trying to be fair to everyone very often ends up being fair to no one.

Well it really isn’t tooo much more that they are making. $20 more (BIN) if you want it bad enough and it is making it so if someone missed out before will get another chance.

Maria
              Participant

True, SPark, but if those who just want to resell them for money hadn’t bought them, then only people who like them for what they are would have bought them. Maybe I just have a problem with it because the SEs are being used as regular wares instead of going straight to collectors. I don’t know how to explain it, but the middlemen are getting money for nothing, basically. The pieces didn’t increase in value, and yet the collector has to pay more.

Maria
                Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

Well it really isn’t tooo much more that they are making. $20 more (BIN) if you want it bad enough and it is making it so if someone missed out before will get another chance.

That’s another thing. With shipping and E-Bay fees and whatever they’re probably not making more than $10 profit. What’s the point?

SPark
                  Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

The pieces didn’t increase in value, and yet the collector has to pay more.

I would say that they have increased in value. Value is defined by how much somebody is willing to pay for something.

And the sellers here did something. They paid attention, noticed the sale, saw an opportunity, and took it. That’s what most people who make profit on something do, one way or another.

Maria
                    Participant

Yeah, but you remember how fast the curls sold – whites excepted. I’m sure other people paid attention, but if the middleman hadn’t been then they’d have gotten it directly. You are right and have good points. I don’t have a problem with, for example, Ski selling that white hatching emperor she got for such a great deal. She found it as a hidden auction, got it and sold it for three times the price. Made good profit because she did a lot of searching. But on the curls people knew about them and were waiting for them, and then somebody comes along and snatches them just to resell them for more. To each his own, but you know my stance.

Skigod377
                      Participant

I buy more all the time to resell later… Much later, though, not a week later. 😕 Oh well. To each their own. We are all able to o it, so it makes no sense to get upset about it. I also see the point of not announcing them.

Arlla
                        Participant

Well…I have to admit, I think it stinks. Though I absolutely see everyone’s point. It’s certainly tolerable as it is, but these re-sell auctions have been increasing with each new limited production auction…What I will definitely have a problem with is when it will be difficult for those of us collectors who ARE on the ball, who ARE ready to snag one from the auction, but can’t because they are all being bought 3, 4, or 5 at a time by people planning on reselling. I can see the eventuality of almost an entire batch being bought up by these people. What’s to stop them? And THAT definitely would bother me. A lot.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                          -J R R Tolkien

Yeah. I see that as being a real problem too. But, if you think of it this way (and yes I will probably be hung to dry for this), that if we were collecting baseball cards instead of Windstones, it would be the same thing to have 3 or 4 of the “good” cards and sell them to make profit. Right?
                          Although in my opinion, a limit of 3 in any one BIN of the Special Editions, for any one purchaser would be a fine idea. 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.