fbpx

spiderwick chronicles film

Home Forums Miscellany Community spiderwick chronicles film

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

I’d like to go see it…maybe I’ll get a chance to soon. πŸ˜€

Skigod377
      Participant

I cant wait, but it will not be here for a while.

Lupin
        Participant

Ok so Khym and I saw this on Wednesday. And I Think he liked it almost as much as I did. I also thinks he wants a Bit goblin and really wants a pet Griffin!! He also didn’t get scared by Mulgorath at all actually Laughed at him, and (Probably just coincidence) he tried smacking at him, I think he knew that was the Bad Guy!! πŸ˜‰ He also laughed and capped his hands when the Griff showed up screaming onto the scene!! πŸ˜†

Haven’t seen it yet. Do you all think it would be too much for a 6 year old?

Lupin
          Participant

I dunno depends on the child, Khym’s 6 Months

BipolarBear
            Participant

Lupin wrote:

I dunno depends on the child, Khym’s 6 Months

and yet young enough to realize that laughing at the bad guys is the worst thing you can do to them. Smart kid.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
              Engaged to a Weasel

Lupin
              Participant

He’s my Boy alright!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ He also wants a Freddy Krueger or Jason Stuffy!!! 😯 Maybe for Easter……..

dragonmedley
                Participant

asinnamon wrote:

Haven’t seen it yet. Do you all think it would be too much for a 6 year old?

It really depends on the child. My 9-year-old was hugging her friend during some of the scenes. But she gets scared easily during movies – I think the loud sound doesn’t help, either πŸ˜€

I really liked it.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

My friend took me for her birthday, and I thought it was a spiffy movie. The creatures were rather ugly, though, which kind of bothered me. Not exactly how I pictured the fairyfolk…

I second whoever mentioned how good the kid who played the twins was. Intense little guy. I was very surprised to see that it was only one person doing both characters!

What made me happiest, I think, was the relationships between the characters and the family dynamic. I mean, the MOM got to help fight goblins! That never happens! Ever!

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Chessapeaka wrote:

The creatures were rather ugly, though, which kind of bothered me. Not exactly how I pictured the fairyfolk…

You should check out Brian Froud’s fairies… they ain’t all pretty!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Lupin
                    Participant

Traditionally most of the Fairy Folk weren’t, that’s why you would guard the pretty human babies, because they’d come switch their ugly babies in the middle of the night for your pretty baby. Since they are obsessed with Pretty things and umm their babies really just weren’t pretty at all, just plain old FUGLY!!!

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

Chessapeaka wrote:

My friend took me for her birthday, and I thought it was a spiffy movie. The creatures were rather ugly, though, which kind of bothered me. Not exactly how I pictured the fairyfolk…

I second whoever mentioned how good the kid who played the twins was. Intense little guy. I was very surprised to see that it was only one person doing both characters!

What made me happiest, I think, was the relationships between the characters and the family dynamic. I mean, the MOM got to help fight goblins! That never happens! Ever!

That young man is Freddie Highmore who got his big break into film in “Finding Neverland” with Johnny Depp and Kate Windslet. Loved Spiderwick and Finding Neverland is one of my favs!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

Bummer! I want to see this one but we can’t afford the trip to the theater.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

Lupin wrote:

Traditionally most of the Fairy Folk weren’t, that’s why you would guard the pretty human babies, because they’d come switch their ugly babies in the middle of the night for your pretty baby. Since they are obsessed with Pretty things and umm their babies really just weren’t pretty at all, just plain old FUGLY!!!

Mm, I guess what I meant to say was that I didn’t like the squat, almost cartoony-ness of them. The design is ugly… but not ugly like a goblin should be. I’m just being nitpicky about it. (And I haven’t even read the books! Talk about a complainer… :lol:)

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Gotta read the books! Short, intended for a younger audience but very delightful! (I’m picky about childrens lit since part of my lit major was aimed at children. Spiderwick is a GREAT read!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.