fbpx

spiderwick chronicles film

Home Forums Miscellany Community spiderwick chronicles film

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Took the boys to see Spiderwick today and OMG it was fabulous! The story was well adapted, graffics astronomical and the griffin — no words to describe it — absolutely stupendous! He looked, moved, flew and acted like I think a griffin could…much better that the hippogryph in Harry Potter! The book series was aimed at a younger reading audience but the film was fabulous! I suggest seeing (even if your 43 like me) This is one I would happily see again and again and again……. πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

twindragonsmum
      Participant

tdm

Stephanie
        Participant

Ahh, we might have to go see it!

Azurielle
          Participant

I loved it! It was a wonderful modern fairytale. Mush better than the Golden Compass, in my opinion.

Keeper of the Fledgings

keschete
            Participant

I loved the books! I am hoping to see the movie soon.

Patricia
              Participant

I saw the movie and thought it was pretty good myself! I think they did a wonderful job with the animation.

gray

green

blue

purple

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Really enjoyed the film myself. I also thought it was much better then The Golden Compass. The actor who played the twins did an excellent job of making them seem like two different people. The storyline was adapted very well from the book. I would highly recommend it.

Kasie
                Participant

I took my kids to see it opening weekend and we all loved it!

My son and I watched it this afternoon, I wan not that impressed with the griffin, I think the ones in Narnia far surpassed it, but the movie was good, and well adapted from the books, my 9 year old thought is was really good too. The little girl in front of us was a little afraid.

I’ll have to check it out the next time we go see a movie

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Lupin
                  Participant

Planning on taking Khym to it on Wednesday, YAY for Stars & Strollers program!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Patricia
                    Participant

ruffian wrote:

My son and I watched it this afternoon, I wan not that impressed with the griffin, I think the ones in Narnia far surpassed it, but the movie was good, and well adapted from the books, my 9 year old thought is was really good too. The little girl in front of us was a little afraid.

No arguments there. Narnia had awesome griffins! πŸ™‚

Egg

Drakoni

Shylen

Windsor

Purple Dusk

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Heather
                      Participant

I was wishing for more of the griffins! The movie was a really good adaptation of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and I loved how they did all of their “creatures”, but the griffins floored me. I could have done with a film devoted to them! I’ve been thinking about going to see Spiderwick just because I want more griffin fix! πŸ˜†

Maria
                        Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Took the boys to see Spiderwick today and OMG it was fabulous! The story was well adapted, graffics astronomical and the griffin — no words to describe it — absolutely stupendous! He looked, moved, flew and acted like I think a griffin could…much better that the hippogryph in Harry Potter! The book series was aimed at a younger reading audience but the film was fabulous! I suggest seeing (even if your 43 like me) This is one I would happily see again and again and again……. πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

That’s good to know. I was wondering how they could turn those thin little books into feature-length films. πŸ˜†

Mmloda
                          Participant

Ohh I really wanna see that….Hopefully I’ll get a chance to see it when its still in the theaters but if not than I will just rent it and watch in at home on our projector….which is almost like a theater…but its good to know that it’s a dood movie… πŸ˜€

PLEASE CLICK US AND HELP US HATCH AND GROW UP TO BE THE BEST DRAGONS EVER…. πŸ˜†

Marzena

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.