fbpx

Special Items category in store.

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Special Items category in store.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    Pam

ill just add them to the ebay gallery and change the name of the ebay gallery to something else

fatalbeauty
      Participant

ill just add them to the ebay gallery and change the name of the ebay gallery to something else

yey! it’ll be good to see them even if we miss out on them being in the store….

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
        Participant

I’m still against bidding, there’s always someone with deeper pockets than most….I prefer BIN since I know I have it rather than worrying until it’s done to see if maybe I won….

The trouble with BIN, in my opinion, is that Windstone has customers scattered all over the world. I’m three hours ahead on the East Coast so 8pm for Windstone is 11pm for me, and then there could be waiting to see if something reappears in the store … I can’t imagine what people in Europe would do. I would rather see offers for a short time, maybe only for a day, so everyone has a chance to see/bid on the item.

fatalbeauty
          Participant

I’m still against bidding, there’s always someone with deeper pockets than most….I prefer BIN since I know I have it rather than worrying until it’s done to see if maybe I won….

The trouble with BIN, in my opinion, is that Windstone has customers scattered all over the world. I’m three hours ahead on the East Coast so 8pm for Windstone is 11pm for me, and then there could be waiting to see if something reappears in the store … I can’t imagine what people in Europe would do. I would rather see offers for a short time, maybe only for a day, so everyone has a chance to see/bid on the item.

I don’t think it’ll be a set time daily and or even daily…and besides it’s like ebay, you aren’t there to get it then opps you missed it…Windstone is trying to make us all happy, the BIN is so it doesn’t go into super high numbers to my understanding so we “technically” all have a fair chance….

1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!

Kiya
            Participant

I don’t think it’ll be a set time daily and or even daily…and besides it’s like ebay, you aren’t there to get it then opps you missed it…Windstone is trying to make us all happy, the BIN is so it doesn’t go into super high numbers to my understanding so we “technically” all have a fair chance….

The BIN isn’t intended to keep things from going to super high prices. 🙂 All of the pegs that just sold went for more than compairable items have gone for on ebay in approximately 2 years.

Nor is this meant to be a fair way to get multiple offers from users. Ebay auctions will still be posted as normal and everyone can bid on the items posted there – there’s no planned change to this process.

This new area of the store is intended (at this time) to offer the following (extrapolated from Pam/Jennifer/John’s contributions to this thread) :

1.) A place for Windstone to post unique pieces for sale without requiring an eBay account.

2.) A place to offer pieces that MUST get a certain price in order to be sustainable. For example, Jennifer (and maybe Helen?) can start painting again without being victims of eBay capriciousness. Their pieces need to get a certain price for the relationship to be profitable for Windstone and the painter.

3.) A place for Windstone to highlight some of their best work.

4.) A place for Windstone to sell higher priced items without paying eBay fees.

The primary purpose of the store area RIGHT NOW isn’t to accept/review offers – Windstone will be very happy if people do BIN.

The offers are a very secondary line item at this time and ONLY intended to move pieces that are not selling at their full retail price.

Will this always be the case? I don’t know. 🙂 It could be that after it’s been running for a while that they decide it WOULD be good to set it up as an alterative to eBay. Or that instead of a BIN they will accept offers above the minimum price for three days and sell it to whoever has the highest offer.

But, at present, I think they’re very likely to keep running with the BINs as the primary means of selling in the new section until the BINS stop working. 🙂

**DISCLAIMER: I’m not a Windstone Employee (though I play one on quests) and in this post I am speaking ENTIRELY on my own behalf based on information gathered from reading this thread**

Pam

Yeah, the buckskin was up for about 12 hours, thats actually a pretty good chunk of time for a brand new item. I imagine some pieces will stay up longer than others.

etruscan
                Participant

The other problem with BIN, again in my opinion, is that someone cannot study an item before deciding to bid or buy because someone else may snatch it. So, something has to be put in your cart before it is safe to study it and decide whether to buy. And that means that other people cannot know when, or if, the piece will reappear in the store. That doesn’t seem fair to anybody.

Kiya
                  Participant

The other problem with BIN, again in my opinion, is that someone cannot study an item before deciding to bid or buy because someone else may snatch it. So, something has to be put in your cart before it is safe to study it and decide whether to buy. And that means that other people cannot know when, or if, the piece will reappear in the store. That doesn’t seem fair to anybody.

I do think the amount of time something can be stored in a cart is too high. It should be 5-15 minutes, not an hour.

But, this problem happens with grab bags and new items in the store – not just the items in this new section.

I do see your point! But, I still don’t foresee things moving to an offer as the primary method of selling in that area. It seems to run counter to the stated purposes behind setting it up in the first place.

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

seems about the same with any other hot item there’s only a few of….the recent paly/buck/prez pegs could be like this really,only a few to go around…it’s just down to one item instead so really it’s just turned into all of us waiting on one in this way…

1. Mother Meerkat

Pixie-dust
                      Participant

Questions…
                        Will there be email notifications, like when new items are added to
                        the store, so we know when something is listed/added? Or do they
                        just appear randomly day and/or night and Monday-Friday, weekends?
                        Can there be a specific time of day, like just say 5:30 PM? when
                        the items are listed so everyone knows when to check the ” special section ”
                        Thanks
                        :beer:

Pam

It will be random, but I might be able to hitch something up that would warn people….

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

It seems that this is being hashed and rehashed a lot.

The way I see the special items area is like this… it’s essentially an artist putting original pieces of art up in an online shop. That’s it! Customers buy or don’t buy as they wish. The more it gets complicated, the more headaches for everyone in the long run. The special section is NOT replacing eBay auctions, after all.

The only difference between an average artist and Windstone is that people may snatch up an expensive piece of art within a week, or days, or even hours… instead of the piece sitting for sale for a long time(years in my case).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

Pam

Two more pegs added to the store.

Tara
                              Participant

I like Buy it Now’s. Given a choice between an auction and paying a little more for a set price I’ll go for the set price. If I’m going to buy something I just want to buy it not maybe buy it for an unknown price.

For notices maybe you can make a way for people to sign up specifically for Special Item Notifications. That way people who only want regular new release notifications don’t get the special ones. Or maybe you could put the item listing in the store a few days before the item is released and give people time to decide if they want it and possibly put a notify button so they can know when it goes in(unless the notification would cause too much of a traffic spike).

KaytanaPhoenix
                                Participant

*facedesk* .. I never thought I’d miss ebay, but is there a chance some nice pegs will make it to ebay? I held out on store Buckskins to get a shot at the nice ones.. but I can’t even fathom justifying $400 for a peg. At least on ebay I have a chance…

I won’t say the rest of what I’m thinking cause I’ll get jumped by the throng of diehard fans.. but as a customer, I don’t like the new special items feature, not in the slightest. I can ignore it if some of the nice things Melody does makes it to ebay though.. some ppl have the money to toss $400 at a peg.. I don’t. I don’t want to hear the lecture of ‘luxury items’ either when I’m willing to pay $250 for a nice piece, cause in reality, that is NOT being cheap.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 170 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.