fbpx

Special Items category in store.

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Special Items category in store.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

The bay sold, so I removed her.

Will there be an archive with photos of these pieces (like the ebay galleries)?

dragonshoard
      Participant

I guess the palomino sold also. I am now getting the “notify” button.

Pam

Yes, pal also sold.

Any feedback you guys can give us would be great, regarding how this new special items category should work (what you think is most efficient, least confusing, etc).

fatalbeauty
          Participant

The bay sold, so I removed her.

yes please on this, I would like to see them even if I miss them from being offline….

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

moonbeam
            Participant

That would be great ! Or maybe it would be possible to leave the sold items a bit longer in the store? Maybe a day or two? I would really like to at least see what was there (and save some pretty pics), but that is not possible if the items are removed from the store immediatley once they are bought, since they will mostly sell when it´s night on my side of the planet 😉

Would it be possible to send out a store announcement when something new is put in that cathegory? If not, that´s also ok, then I just have to check the store more frequently 🙂

Some thoughts…..

Why not do this special items section kinda like eBay? Start with a minimum bid of what you can let them go for…like on these it was $190. Let others see what the current offer is and keep the buy it now button there too. If someone wants it bad enough, they can just buy it. Give it more of a reasonable time, Ike a week, two tops…..a month is way too long to see of I won….or not…especially not knowing my offer is the highest…or not.

Carolyn
              Participant

They sell faster then ebay here . Wow .

Kiya
                Participant

Some thoughts…..

Why not do this special items section kinda like eBay? Start with a minimum bid of what you can let them go for…like on these it was $190. Let others see what the current offer is and keep the buy it now button there too. If someone wants it bad enough, they can just buy it. Give it more of a reasonable time, Ike a week, two tops…..a month is way too long to see of I won….or not…especially not knowing my offer is the highest…or not.

The offer form and item aren’t actually tied together in any way on the back end so there’s no way to update the current offer automatically – it would be a manual process. Depending on how many offers came in, it might be too cumbersome to update with each new one. I don’t know what the capabilities are on Drupal to fix something like that (so the item and offers are tied and don’t require manual tracking).

I do agree a month is too long! If the offers that come through are not sufficient, perhaps there should be a caveat that the item may be moved to ebay if not sold within a week or two, but taking offers for a month is too long. (Also, I’d end up spending the money elsewhere and never be able to pay for my offer…)

Kiya
                  Participant

Or maybe it would be possible to leave the sold items a bit longer in the store? Maybe a day or two?

Right now, when an item is sold, the “notify when back in stock” button appears. This would be understandable to older forum members because we know they are one of a kind/test paints/etc, but could be confusing/frustrating to a brand new users so it makes sense to just remove the item right away.

However, if they can eliminate that problem, it would be great to have the items stay up longer!

Achiving the photos is also a good idea – I’m just not sure how much “man power” that would take. 🙂

Would it be possible to send out a store announcement when something new is put in that cathegory? If not, that´s also ok, then I just have to check the store more frequently 🙂

I think they said in the original announcement they won’t be sending out a store email when this category updates. I can kind of see why, lots of traffic spikes on the site for just one item. (Also, if they do updates like they did last night where they release multiple items we would get a lot of emails!)

Maybe it would be easier to have a forum thread where Pam/Susie could mention they posted something new.

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Um… you have a typo in the title sentence: selliing.

I feel goofy, ’cause everyone has these awesome comments and suggestions, and all I can add is the typo thing…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

John
                      Keymaster

Well, as you can see, this is a work in progress and the buying/bidding format may change as we get some experience with the concept of offering higher priced special items. I hope to have a good sized inventory of really great pieces build up in this category, so I am not sure that we would want to shorten up the duration of the store time. This wasn’t intended to be an auction but more of a showroom for the best of the best, where those who refuse to play on eBay can shop for exceptional pieces.

We had also discussed the fact that our painters (Hi Jennifer, thanks for jumping on board again!) don’t always want to deal with the risk of a bum price on an eBay sale and this will satisfy that issue as well. As to the idea of accepting offers, it seemed to me that, if we happened to over-price something, we should move it out of the store at some point so we always have fairly fresh pieces. We may, or may not, do that with every piece. If we get something that is just too good to sell through quickly we may leave it in for a longer time, or forever. In fact, I have been sorry that we didn’t hang on to a few of the best pieces for our own collection, but I guess we are supposed to be in business to sell things. We do own a couple of pieces that Jennifer painted and some others, but there are some of Melody’s dragons going into the store that I am going to be sorry to see sold… you know how it is when there is too much good stuff.

bayoudragon
                        Participant

I’ll probably be cursed by others for saying this, but I like the fact that notifications of new special items will not be given. While I can and do get store notifications, not everyone is capable of receiving them. Others may be able to get them but may not be able to respond in a timely manner. It makes things a bit more fair.

Plus, I won’t have to sit there with my nerves fried and my heart freaking out because the checkout page isn’t responding due to so many people being on at once. XD

Also, I have no problem with a blind auction setup, but a month does seem a bit long. Will we be able to “cancel” an offer on one item if something we like better comes up? Or if some other financial crisis happens? Will it simply be offered to the next highest? Just some thoughts. 🙂

I really don’t think you guys will need a month… it seems a bit long. Maybe if you had more pieces as mentioned before. But I have a feeling most of us will probably miss listings because things will sell so fast. 😉

Kiya
                          Participant

I hope to have a good sized inventory of really great pieces build up in this category, so I am not sure that we would want to shorten up the duration of the store time. This wasn’t intended to be an auction but more of a showroom for the best of the best, where those who refuse to play on eBay can shop for exceptional pieces.

Maybe in that case you shouldn’t accept offers initially? If an item doesn’t move for a long while, you could consider opening it up to offers for a limited time (or just move it to ebay!)

For me, I think the biggest issue with the “make an offer” feature is just with such a long duration most of us would have a hard time following through on an offer we made 30 days prior.

This could create a lot of churn when you get ready to accept offers and find that most people have already moved on and purchased other things (especially since they don’t know if their offer was the highest or not!)

Kiya
                            Participant

I’ll probably be cursed by others for saying this, but I like the fact that notifications of new special items will not be given.

…… (removed some content in quote)

I won’t have to sit there with my nerves fried and my heart freaking out because the checkout page isn’t responding due to so many people being on at once. XD

Yes! This! Plus, I don’t want to have that feeling 3x per day because they keep putting new items in stock and we have hundreds of people rushing to the site to see them!

Not to mention if we see lots of “new item” notices for the special area – eventually those of us not able to afford those will stop paying as much attention to the new item emails and might miss things we really DO want!

Amy
                              Participant

Honestly, I hardly see the point of the “make an offer” feature. Chances are that people would be willing to pay more for an item than your BIN price is, so you’re really just giving items away for less than you could get ideally. I don’t feel like you’ll ever even have the chance to accept a best offer. All the pieces will be snapped up in a few seconds if you can just buy the thing outright rather than bidding.

I don’t know if you’re trying to maximize profit here, but just taking the Pegasus for example. I might have been willing to pay you $500 for that one that somebody just did a BIN on for $300. Is this what you were wanting to happen?

I’m not trying to sound like a scrooge, I’m just trying to understand exactly what it is you are aiming for here. :/

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 170 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.