fbpx

Special Items category in store.

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Special Items category in store.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    Scathach
    Participant

After this section being up for a while now, I just want to say once again – and I know I’m not alone in the sentiment – Melody, your work is both inspired and inspiring. You bring such realism to fantasy creatures it is really quite breath-taking. There have been so many gorgeous pieces in the last while, it’s like being in an art gallery just visiting the page.

Congrats to everyone behind the scenes who worked so hard to get the bugs all worked out, too. I know it was a bit rough in the beginning, but now the “Sold” signs speak for themselves! At no harm to eBay either, it would seem 😉

Anyway, thanks to all who keep creating and making the gypsum come to life and getting them sent safely to our homes 🙂

This “Special” section really is special.

Life is beautiful.

John
      Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words. I have, for a long time, wanted to find a way to showcase (and offer for sale) some really special pieces, so I am thrilled to see how this has been received. As the list lengthens, we will obviously have to go to a different format or somehow create a gallery space to move the sold pieces into. Actually, I hate the list format of web stores but know of no great alternative to it. I do hope that one day we will have the time and money to maybe make a more graphic and dimensional gallery space that one could navigate through. More museum-like.

And do we ever need to publish the Windstone Book! We have certainly reached new heights for quality and decoration and it needs to be properly memorialized. However, the painting seems to improve daily and I am guessing that the best is yet to come, unless Melody gets sick of painting and stops. Should that happen, I am sure that we will showcase and enjoy Windstone pieces with other artist’s work.

Scathach
        Participant

You are totally welcome! All true, too 🙂

You said that

As the list lengthens, we will obviously have to go to a different format or somehow create a gallery space to move the sold pieces into. be make a more graphic and dimensional gallery space that one could navigate through. More museum-like.

That’s such a great idea! In the meantime, maybe you could just create a specarat sections (like the postponed production and retired sections) that shows the sold pieces? They could be there until the gallery gets up and running or, just move them into the section that had the ebay items etc?

Oh, yes a Windstone Book! Chronicling the sculpts and colour families as they have evolved and the ebay and sepcail pieces. I know there’s been some mention of a COA book, too.

Both will be big jobs to compile, but, wow, what a result.

Hoping Melody and the other artists keep feeling like painting and you all stay well, too.

Life is beautiful.

etruscan
          Participant

Why, oh why, are the current ebay and special pieces shiny? The equines I got from ebay a year or two ago are much less glossy. The only good thing about it is I don’t mind missing the Zorse baby pegasus (much) because he wouldn’t have matched my Bay Zorse mother peg anyway. 🙁

Pam

More people seemed to like shiny, but maybe tastes have changed?

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I like shiny scales and less shiny fur, but in the end, I don’t think I really care that much either way

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

etruscan
                Participant

I have bought a few of the shiny pieces, and usually have been disappointed when they arrived. However, as Pam indicates, maybe I am in the minority. To me the really shiny pieces just look wrong, whether dragons or equines.

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

I prefer less shiney. The gloss distracts from my admiration of the paint job on the equines and griffins, but I do like a nice shine on my dragons….I think it’s because they are smooth so light should slide along them, with textured pieces, I prefer no shiney.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

pony-up
                    Participant

I don’t really like the glossy ones either. Too unrealistic I guess, lol

Melody
                      Keymaster

I don’t like shiny furry things, but I like shiny scales .

Melody
                        Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words. I have, for a long time, wanted to find a way to showcase (and offer for sale) some really special pieces, so I am thrilled to see how this has been received. As the list lengthens, we will obviously have to go to a different format or somehow create a gallery space to move the sold pieces into. Actually, I hate the list format of web stores but know of no great alternative to it. I do hope that one day we will have the time and money to maybe make a more graphic and dimensional gallery space that one could navigate through. More museum-like.

And do we ever need to publish the Windstone Book! We have certainly reached new heights for quality and decoration and it needs to be properly memorialized. However, the painting seems to improve daily and I am guessing that the best is yet to come, unless Melody gets sick of painting and stops. Should that happen, I am sure that we will showcase and enjoy Windstone pieces with other artist’s work.

Whoa! I can do that??

Skeeterdeee
                          Participant

Whoa! I can do that??

You could, but people all over the world would cry. 😉

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

Whoa! I can do that??

no no, he’s kidding, there’s no such thing as stopping! ^ _ –

4 things I'm looking for:
                              1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kiya
                              Participant

Whoa! I can do that??

LOL Mel! 🙂

Scathach
                                Participant

As the list lengthens, we will obviously have to go to a different format or somehow create a gallery space to move the sold pieces into.

I know that it has been a busy week, but I kinda think it’s time to start the gallery of “Sold” pieces.

It’s great for Melody and Windstones that the special pieces have been selling so well. Now that you are well into the second page (with most pieces sold), searching for the new things takes a lot of scrolling.

Thanks again for continuing to produce such lovely things.

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 170 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.