fbpx

Special Items category in store.

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Special Items category in store.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    Pam

You can place offers while the item is in someones cart. I will close offers and remove the item when it is actually purchased.

Please dont think of the offers as bidding. Offers are all private. You cannot see other people’s offers and therefore cannot “bid” against each other. After a month we will consider the highest offer if the item has not sold for the full price yet.

Technically they are not out of stock, they are just floating around in carts right now. I will remove an item once it is bought so offers can no longer be made.

Regarding offers, basically we accept offers for a month, review them, and then *maybe* sell them to the highest offer-er.

“Maybe”? Shouldn’t the minimum bid be what it can be sold for? I don’t want to be causing any waves…love this company! But ……the word “maybe”….. Kinda makes me not want to offer sortakinda, if i have no chance of winning at all since it’s a maybe. See?

Growing up….”maybe” was just another word for no 🙁 . Guess even for my old age, it still comes across as “no”. Sorry about the little rant. The word maybe does that to me.

Love windstone! And fuzzies!

Susie
      Keymaster

We are still feeling our way around here, nothing is set in stone yet, please don’t worry about the “maybe” word, I think that maybe it wasn’t the right term for us to use…

Chloe
        Participant

I’m wondering if you are setting this up to replace eBay sales?

Susie
          Keymaster

No, I don’t think so!

Pam

Originally there was concern that offers would be too low and we did not want to be obligated to sell to the highest offer if the highest offer was too low (i.e. $10). I put in a minimum offer amount to solve this but somehow it didn’t. Maybe there was miscommunication of some sort going on. I would like to just say “highest offer gets it if it doesn’t sell for the listed price”, and then set the minimum offer to the minimum we would like to get for it.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Once this system gets ironed out and is working well, I will start painting again. eBay is currently too scary and fickle a beast for me to place my finances on the line, so to speak! Painting special pieces just takes me too long to take such risks.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
                Keymaster

I’m wondering if you are setting this up to replace eBay sales?

I heavily suspect not. Last I understood, it will be sort of for oddball stuff that cannot be sent to eBay for whatever reason.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Originally there was concern that offers would be too low and we did not want to be obligated to sell to the highest offer if the highest offer was too low (i.e. $10). I put in a minimum offer amount to solve this but somehow it didn’t. Maybe there was miscommunication of some sort going on. I would like to just say “highest offer gets it if it doesn’t sell for the listed price”, and then set the minimum offer to the minimum we would like to get for it.

Thank you all for ‘splaining! I tHought the minimum offer was $190 for these beauties! But I’m going to put that to the test right now…the offer I’m aout to make, I know is not an acceptable one…but it’s a test for me……..
                  Awesome….I offered $10 and it says It should be in the range of 190-399!!!!!

Thank you for doing this! It’s an awesome concept! Hope more goodies come in soon…Like….more pegasuses and unicorns and maybe just maybe some pebble wolfies maybe?!

Um…just noticed something….palomino is $300 whereas the bay and buckskin are $400 each. Will the person who has the palomino in their cart be charged $300 or $400?

Thank you again!

Pam

I put the palomino in for the wrong amount. She was supposed to be 300, not 400 (she is less detailed than the other two). I was not able to change the price until she was dropped out of the cart she was in. After she was dropped I changed the price. So, whoever has her in their cart now should see a price of 300 (sorry!–I have no idea what I’m doing)

Pam

The bay sold, so I removed her.

I put the palomino in for the wrong amount. She was supposed to be 300, not 400 (she is less detailed than the other two). I was not able to change the price until she was dropped out of the cart she was in. After she was dropped I changed the price. So, whoever has her in their cart now should see a price of 300 (sorry!–I have no idea what I’m doing)

Thank you Pam for answering so quicklike!

Chloe
                      Participant

Once this system gets ironed out and is working well, I will start painting again.

Sucks in a deep breath….yells….YAY!!!!! Oooh, I’m gonna have to work overtime!

Chloe
                        Participant

The bay sold, so I removed her.

She was my favorite. Gorgeous, gorgeous.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 170 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.