fbpx

Special Items category in store.

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Special Items category in store.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

Well…..that was quick. lmao!!!! try again Suze. 😉

yolanda
      Participant

I wonder if they are just going to do one at a time or if there will be several posted at one time ???Hmmmm

Scathach
        Participant

There it was….. gone!

Life is beautiful.

Susie
          Keymaster

We just put one item in to see how it works. There were things about it that we couldn’t see in action until it went live – so we didn’t want to put several in at this stage of the game. So far we see that people are putting it in their shopping cart but not buying it, causing the status to say “out of stock”… we hadn’t thought of that. It is not necessary to put the item in your shopping cart to make a bid. I think we have some bugs to iron out! (which is why there’s only one goody in there to begin with!)

yolanda
            Participant

That deffinately makes sense. Im sure anything that goes in will sell pretty quick…lol.

Carolyn
              Participant

Yes it is a bit confusing to still make a bid on something that says it’s out of stock .
                Need to work out the bugs . 2 pretty things in there .

Add to cart button still up on buckskin, but when I clicked on it…Says out of inventory…..just wanted to report this bug!

Purplecat
                Participant

I think it’s an excellent idea.

Not to mention it will help windstone by letting them keep more of the actual sales price. It always burns my butt how much a chunk ebay takes between listing and percentage fees.

Susie
                  Keymaster

Pam’s got 3 to put in the store now, bugs and all, so we can see what it does. Please comment here if it does something weird. Did it let you put in a bid while it said “out of stock”? that is confusing…

Scathach
                    Participant

For me, right now, the Buckskin has disappeared foo the screen but the Bay and the Palomino show as out of stock. But, a minute ago it was there, available to “bid”

Life is beautiful.

Susie
                      Keymaster

hee hee! this is not working quite smoothly as hoped! sorry about all the confusion, we have bugs to work out! Please if you’ve put one in your shopping cart and are not going to buy it, please remove it from your cart. If you are trying to buy one and something is weird, let us know! email susie@windstoneeditions.com

Scathach
                        Participant

All three now show up. All show out of stock.

Life is beautiful.

Even though they are out of stock…we can make bids? Are these offers binding? A lot can happen in a month! LOL! Like…Another windstone catches my eye that I must have!

What does this mean……

This item will remain for sale at the asking price until October 12, after which we will consider the highest offers until an acceptable amount is reached

Referring to the part where it says we will consider the highest offer until an acceptable amount is reached? Isn’t the minimum bid of $190 an acceptable amount? I think the wording is throwing me off!

Maybe ..just a suggestion….just have the new goodies for sale at first, say for two weeks, with no bidding offered, then have them up for bid for another week? This way we can’t bid on something out of stock?

Thank you so much!

Pam

Technically they are not out of stock, they are just floating around in carts right now. I will remove an item once it is bought so offers can no longer be made.

Regarding offers, basically we accept offers for a month, review them, and then *maybe* sell them to the highest offer-er.

Susie
                            Keymaster

We didn’t get all the store settings just right for this experiment! The “out of stock” with no “notify” button means that the item is in somebody’s shopping cart but hasn’t been purchased (that is very confusing and we need to fix it). Someone may have plunked it in their cart and doesn’t realize they’ve left it there (you have to click on “remove” to take an item out of your cart). After a while it will automatically fall out of the shopping cart and it will reappear as “in stock”. We are going to adjust the settings so that they cannot stay in carts for such a long period of time.

I do not know if you can place an offer on something that is stuck in a shopping cart – but you can try! Please let me know if it takes the bid.

We may need to work on our wording describing the auction process. This is all a work in progress! Thank you for your input. Please – keep providing more!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 170 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.