Spam PMs – June 18

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements Spam PMs – June 18

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Moose73
    Participant

I had the same but this is number two both a scam and sounds like a dating scam or close to by the way you suddenly catch their attention. I have no clue how that’s possible I have no picture posted lol!
      Steer clear I would not respond

Dragon fan

Laurie
      Participant

I just received one from Kayla. I didn’t delete it.

LadyFirebird
        Participant

I just received a message from “Kayla Noyes” yesterday. Just so you know.

Clay
          Keymaster

I just received a message from “Kayla Noyes” yesterday. Just so you know.

Yes, that message was sent on Jan 31; lots of people got that one. You can just delete it. I’ve already disabled the account that sent it out.

StormDancer
            Participant

Spam private messages again this morning from someone named Char titled “Hello.”
              If you’re new here on the forum remember to just delete the message and do not click on anything or reply to it.
              I’ve messaged Clay and Susie about it.

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

Thanks Stormdancer! I was just coming here to do the same thing.

“Please i will like you reply to me immediately…” lmao!!! Ya! Ok!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Jennifer
                Keymaster

I cleaned up a few spammers this morning, including “char”. As always, if you get a PM from someone you don’t know, and the message is confusing or seems “out of context”, just delete it and report it here for us. Spammers know that they will tend to get more clicks/replies if they direct message people instead of just making a new spam forum topic. Especially if people have it set up to email them when they get a PM, they might just click on links in the email. Use care!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

PhoenixTears
                  Participant

I’ve not read EVERYTHING in this thread but am curious bc I just got a PM titled “Hello” from “Char” which requested how desperately she’s awaiting my response (I did simply ask if we know each other) and gave me a Yahoo email which I haven’t used. When clicking on her username here, it came up as No Results Found which says to me she doesn’t exist here. I’m new coming back here so IDK if I’m right. Anyone know about that username?

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

PhoenixTears
                    Participant

I cleaned up a few spammers this morning, including “char”. As always, if you get a PM from someone you don’t know, and the message is confusing or seems “out of context”, just delete it and report it here for us. Spammers know that they will tend to get more clicks/replies if they direct message people instead of just making a new spam forum topic. Especially if people have it set up to email them when they get a PM, they might just click on links in the email. Use care!

Ahh, I just said I didn’t read EVERYTHING here, I should have read the post (you) before mine as I got a PM from “Char.”
                      Oye🙄… 😄

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

I’ve not read EVERYTHING in this thread but am curious bc I just got a PM titled “Hello” from “Char” which requested how desperately she’s awaiting my response (I did simply ask if we know each other) and gave me a Yahoo email which I haven’t used. When clicking on her username here, it came up as No Results Found which says to me she doesn’t exist here. I’m new coming back here so IDK if I’m right. Anyone know about that username?

Just so everyone knows, when this happens (you get a PM from someone and when you go to see it or the user, “No Results Found” pops up), it means that an admin already got rid of the spam account, so all content (PMs, forum posts, etc) created by that spam account will give you an error such as “no results found”. I’m sorry if this is confusing to anyone! We try to get these accounts removed ASAP so that they don’t “get” anyone, but it has to be done manually. Sometimes we don’t know it’s happening until they spam you all. Eek!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

PhoenixTears
                        Participant

Just so everyone knows, when this happens (you get a PM from someone and when you go to see it or the user, “No Results Found” pops up), it means that an admin already got rid of the spam account, so all content (PMs, forum posts, etc) created by that spam account will give you an error such as “no results found”. I’m sorry if this is confusing to anyone! We try to get these accounts removed ASAP so that they don’t “get” anyone, but it has to be done manually. Sometimes we don’t know it’s happening until they spam you all. Eek!

My bad. I should have checked here first but I don’t think anything went wrong with my account because you guys were so fast to be warned & took it down (from anywhere, I don’t get notifications until hours after they’re sent, across apps etc). But all is good over my way thanks to you guys!

Amy
                          Participant

New spammer on the block: abino

Clay
                            Keymaster

Taken care of. Thanks!

Amy
                              Participant

Taken care of. Thanks!

Thanks Clay ^_^

Anonymous

There is a new spam in Windstone it is from abinomark500 delete it, its a trap.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 147 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.