fbpx

Some of My Artwork :)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Some of My Artwork :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Latasha
    Participant

Hi there everyone 🙂

My name is Latasha and in 2014 I completed my Visual Arts degree where I majored in drawing. Ever since then, I’ve been working as much as I can on my own artwork as well as commissions for clients. I love drawing fantasy-inspired creatures and animals (especially dragons, unicorns, and horses) and I thought what better place to post something than here where everyone loves dragons and unicorns and all things beautiful as much as I do.

I’m super interested in either selling or trading my own artwork for your own artwork, or maybe even doing a commission for you (maybe you’d like a drawing of a sea serpent, or a griffin, or maybe even you have your own horse and you’d like her drawn as a unicorn or a pegasus?!). I’m open to drawing anything you’re interested in (I’d love a challenge) and I’m open to consider any sort of trade that we can arrange and both be happy with.

If anyone is interested in seeing any more images of my artwork, please pm me and I can provide you with a link to my Facebook page.

I’d just like to post here and see what kind of a response I might get from the wonderful Windstone community 🙂

Have a great night everyone,
      Bellaray

(Please note that a couple of these pieces have already sold… If you’re interested in something that is not available anymore, I’m more than willing to do something a bit similar to it, customized to your taste)

Thanks for looking!

Stormbreeze
      Participant

That looks fantastic! Looking forward to seeing more of your art around the forums.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Latasha
        Participant

Thanks! I’ve been a fan of Windstones ever since I discovered my first one about a year and a half ago (man, they are hard to come by in Canada!) but I’m pretty new to the forum. There’s definitely a lot of super interesting things I need to read and catch up on! I’m currently working on a commission of a friend’s dog:

(Excuse the crappy photo!)

Kim
          Blocked

Your drawings are really good and I love the dog one! Which part of Canada are you in? I am in Calgary, Alberta.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Latasha
            Participant

No way, so am I! (Well, I’m in Chestermere but still!) You don’t know of any local Windstone retailers that I’m overlooking do you? The only two I know about are now closed (the one in Medicine Hat and Donna Rose in Edmonton)

Adaneth
              Participant

Beautiful work! I especially love that unicorn second from the top. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

Angelika_Zen
                Participant

Hi Latasha! Welcome, from Canada! I think you will be hard pressed to find a shop that carries Windstones in this country. My very first windstones were purchased from authorized dealers in gift shops and the like, but that was way back in the 90’s. Welcome to a world of painful currency exchanges and shipping fees that give you nightmares, lol! But SO worth it!! Short of finding a shop with an actual store front, vs, a virtual one, you might have your fill here, eBay, and Kijiji….i certainly do 🙂

You have incredible talent! Thank you for sharing your work. You will find alot of that on this forum…nice people too! I have 2 left thumbs ** rolls eyes** but i enjoy looking at all the amazing work from the artists on this forum! I would like to see more of your work on your FB page…I will PM you 🙂

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

MandBsMom
                  Participant

Oh, I LOVE your horses! They are my first love. Gorgeous work!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

littleironhorse
                    Participant

No way, so am I! (Well, I’m in Chestermere but still!) You don’t know of any local Windstone retailers that I’m overlooking do you? The only two I know about are now closed (the one in Medicine Hat and Donna Rose in Edmonton)

One resource to keep in mind is Kijiji, Windstones actually pop up relatively frequently on there, although it’s most often the older color schemes and sculpts:

http://www.kijiji.ca/b-alberta/windstone/k0l9003

Latasha
                      Participant

Yeah, so far I’ve had the most success with ebay and the classifieds ad page… You’re right – I should check kijiji more often. I’ve bought a couple things on kijiji but both of them have had some damage to them, which is pretty unfortunate. I wish there were retailers in Canada :/ Oh well… Maybe one day I shall open my own little shop and sell Windstones there! Haha

Melody
                        Keymaster

Really great work! Do you have a Deviant art account?

Bodine
                          Participant

Your work is beautiful!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Latasha
                            Participant

Thanks, Melody! You know, I made a deviant art account when I was like 14 years old and put like 2 or 3 pictures on it and then kind of forgot about it. I’ve been meaning to really update it (although that is going to take a while haha) but I never seem to get around to it – when I do find myself with some free time it slips my mind.

Maybe I’ll get on that soon! I might have some more free time than I’m used to between now and Christmas so I’ll try to work on that this fall/winter 🙂

Kim
                              Blocked

Oh wow, you are super close then! Like half an hour away from me! Do you have some Windstones already or what do you have? There aren’t any shops that sell Windstone in Calgary anymore but there are two in West Edmonton Mall, Millennium and another one with a lot of figurines I forget the name of. At least they both had Windstones when I was there last year. I got a copper patina baby griffin at Millenium a couple year years ago when the Windstone website was out of them so that was a good find. They had a lot of production dragons as well. You can call them and ask what they have now but with the cost and time of driving up there it’s probably easier to order them off here. I have found some Windstones off kijiji myself and lots off ebay. I bought a few old pieces in Calgary off kijiji 3 years ago. Around the same time I also drove all the way up to Edmonton myself to get what I thought would be like 20 old pieces including unicorns, pegasi and dragons, but when I got there I was a bit disappointed as a lot of them had major breaks that had been glued or chips. I ended getting about half of them that weren’t too bad at a discounted price and fixing them up and reselling some. Most of the good ones I have gotten though have been from here or ebay. Are there any certain Windstone you are looking for at the moment if I come across any?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Latasha
                                Participant

Yeah! I’ve got a few pieces already, um, off the top of my head I think I have… 22 or 23 figurines altogether (although I’m thinking that I’d like to sell a few of them because they’re not in as good of shape as I’d like them to be and I’ve had awful luck with repairs). I mostly love unicorns, but I also love pegasus, dragons and griffins and ki-rins (although I don’t have any ki-rins yet). Mostly just production pieces and retired production pieces but I have a couple of grab bags and one test paint pegasus.

I actually just went to Edmonton last weekend for the Fan Expo and while I was there thought that I would pop into the West Ed Mall and check out a few stores (Millennium and Donna Rose included) and Millennium didn’t sell any Windstone and Donna Rose (which last year I bought a griffin family at) is now closed – apparently it closed down over the summer 🙁

That’s super unfortunate about your trip to Edmonton – that would have been such an exciting drive all the way up and just such a disappointment after getting there…

Do you do repair work then? Maybe you could help me with some of mine that need some minor fixes! Haha

Um, I’m always looking for anything! Haha I’m really hoping to buy a test paint ki-rin mother… I really like the sunset one on ebay but I’m super sad that there’s a little chip on its ear – I’m pretty hesitant to buy any pieces that are damaged though because I don’t want to attempt to fix them myself and it’s just too costly to send them to the US to get repaired :/ Other than that… I’m kinda looking for a couple dinosaur pieces and baby unicorns from the 2011 batch where they all had neat metallic paint (I just think they’re so gorgeous!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.