fbpx

SOLD

Home Forums Administration Flea Market SOLD

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

does anybody know of an actual vet insurance plan? I don’t know if any veterinarians in my area even accept it if I had it anyway. :shrug:

LadyFirebird
    Participant

49ER wrote:

does anybody know of an actual vet insurance plan? I don’t know if any veterinarians in my area even accept it if I had it anyway. :shrug:

I have something called VPI – Veterniary Pet Insurance and they’re in California. Put VPI or Veterniary Pet Insurance in your search engine and see if they do.

Angie
      Participant

I really wish I could help, but I hope that your kitties get better soon! *sends hugs and vibes*

Keep us posted…

Mmloda
        Participant

I’m really sorry to hear about your kitties….I know how stressfull it can be and really is..

I would love to see some pics of the PYO’s or just let us know hwo painted them and maybe we can find them in their gallery.

Marzena

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

I’m out here in California so I don’t know if this is available in your area but at my last vet visit I got an application for ‘CareCredit’ that can be used for vets, dentists, and other healthcare services. I haven’t checked into this yet but from the brochure I have they offer promotional no interest payment plans and extended payment plans at low interest. Their number is 800-365-8295 and you can visit them at carecredit.com. This may help with your money situation if it’s offered in your area. I hope this helps and I hope the kitties will get better.

Oh! That’s what I got when Bubba’s got sick and was in the Emergency Hospital. It was over $2,000 for his care so we got that credit card! Thank goodness!

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jasmine
            Participant

Sorry about your little ones. Sick furbabies are not good.

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

Aw, poor babies ๐Ÿ™ . I hope they get well soon. *hugs*

Patricia
                Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Hmm, she said to call the vet and that they should have perscribed some type of eye medicine, like for conjunctavitis to clear up the eyes and nose drops to clear out the nose and chest and stimulate breathing and clear out all that mucus. Also, she said there are oral suppliments, like vitamin gels and things you can get that boost the immune system and that can help as well. You just need to make sure it’s okay for kittens. She said their are actually some made just for kittens since they are the most prone to getting these kinds of colds because they are little and their immune systems aren’t fully developed.

Hope that helps.

Ok I found a vet that was open today and took them in and he gave me some eye medicine called Mycitracin Opthalmic Ointment and 8 cans od the Science Diet A/D can wet food as he said its the best stuff you can buy and it has vitamins and antioxidents in it and to keep diluting it and force feeding them and keep giving them the clavamox and see if they get any better by next week and if not I will have to admit them for care at there vet. I did ask if they had some type of insurance plan or credit card and he said no. He said this is a Virus and that it has to run its course which can take 3 to 6 weeks and some kittens do not make it through it but as long as I keep force feeding them they have a chance. I wanted to keep everyone updated.

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

Thank you for the update. I’m glad you got a second opinion!

siberakh1
                    Participant

Something you may want to consider applying for if you can is CareCredit. It’s from GE I believe (yes, General Electric). It is a credit card of sorts, but it can only be used for medical, dental, or veterinary expenses. You can apply online for it and will know if you are covered immediately. It’s pretty cool actually. A coworker suggested it to me. If you get accepted, if your vet accepts it (you can check on the website), you should be able to tell them that you have it (give them the info) before you get your card and they should accept it (you can always call and ask too). We got it before we took Soot in to get his toe amputated (the toenail had become traumatized and fused badly with the bone and wasn’t healing well). Far better than shelling out almost $1K and the re-payment plans were quite reasonable. ๐Ÿ™‚ Not bad to just have on hand too, for emergencies, like a surprise root canal.

ReinaRoux
                      Participant

I’m really sorry to hear about your kittens, I know how hard it is to see them in such distress. The suggestions the other made are good and, unfortunately there’s not a lot more you can do. I asked the vet at the shelter where I work, and URIs (upper respiratory infections) are really tough to deal with. Nearly all the animals we have, have it. If that’s what they have, it’ll just have to run its course. All I can further suggest is to keep them warm and comfortable and let them get as much rest as they can; whatever it takes to keep their immune systems up. I hope they get better soon and I’ll keep them and your family in my prayers.

darjeb
                        Participant

I am very sorry to hear about your sick kittens it is very hard to have a sick animal. My prayers are with you that they recover.

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

I’m glad another vet looked at them. Thank you for the update and I hope they start showing improvement

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kathleen
                            Participant

So sorry to hear about your babies. I know only too well about vet bills. My one horse has cost me over 10 000 dollars and I only paid 700 for him. I almost lost him on a few occasions. I would be interested in your coiled peacock dragon. I wish you didnt have to sell some of your collections but more so I will wish for your little guys to make it. ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.