fbpx

SOLD

Home Forums Administration Flea Market SOLD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Patricia
    Participant

SOLD

Patricia
      Participant

dragonmedley
        Participant

Can you post pics of the PYOs?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Aw! I hope the kitties pull through alright! If I can get some more money together maybe I can take that Old Warrior off of your hands!

Probably a silly question, but you didn’t snag any of the new Amethyst dragons at all did you?

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Patricia
            Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Aw! I hope the kitties pull through alright! If I can get some more money together maybe I can take that Old Warrior off of your hands!

Probably a silly question, but you didn’t snag any of the new Amethyst dragons at all did you?

Sorry I did not buy any of the Amythest dragons as I am paying vet bills on these guys so money is really tight right now..

Patricia
              Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

Can you post pics of the PYOs?

I can email you pics of them.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Hmmm… I’m trying to think of something helpful for upper respitory infections. My little kitty had one when I first got him and they put him on amoxi drop and it seemed to work really well.

Have they been tested for leukemia?

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Patricia
                  Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Hmmm… I’m trying to think of something helpful for upper respitory infections. My little kitty had one when I first got him and they put him on amoxi drop and it seemed to work really well.

Have they been tested for leukemia?

They were on Amoxi first and now there on Clavamox and nothing seems to to be working. They havent been tested for anything yet as the vet said they need to wait and see if they make it before stressing them and drawing any blood since there not eating or drinking on there own. Someone told me to run a very hot shower for 5 minutes and let it steam up the bathroom and put them in there for 15 minutes and that should help them breathe better but so far it has not worked. They have clear fluid draining from both eyes, the nose fluid is starting to turn a yellowish/green color and there sneezing and breathing through there mouths making a loud snoring sound. I am getting upset with the vet as its been 7 days that they have been on medication and I would think they would of started getting some what better by now or at least shown some type of improvement, I may just take them to another vet and get another opinion but I got a feeling there going to have to stay if they do not start eating and drinking on there own soon. Poor guys. 😥

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Oh no….poor little guys. It does sound like a really bad infection… or even phneumonia. They do say steam helps, but they’re so small, I don’t think steaming up a room would make a whole lot of a difference if they’re so congested they can’t really breathe it in that well anyway.

Clavamax and amoxi drop are basically the same thing. Hm…. let me make a quick call to my coworkers wife. she’s a vet assistant.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Hmm, she said to call the vet and that they should have perscribed some type of eye medicine, like for conjunctavitis to clear up the eyes and nose drops to clear out the nose and chest and stimulate breathing and clear out all that mucus. Also, she said there are oral suppliments, like vitamin gels and things you can get that boost the immune system and that can help as well. You just need to make sure it’s okay for kittens. She said their are actually some made just for kittens since they are the most prone to getting these kinds of colds because they are little and their immune systems aren’t fully developed.

Hope that helps.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Patricia
                        Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Hmm, she said to call the vet and that they should have perscribed some type of eye medicine, like for conjunctavitis to clear up the eyes and nose drops to clear out the nose and chest and stimulate breathing. Also, she said there are oral suppliments, like vitamin gels and things you can get that boost the immune system and that can help as well. You just need to make sure it’s okay for kittens. She said their are actually some made just for kittens since they are the most prone to getting these kinds of colds because they are little and their immune systems aren’t fully developed.

Hope that helps.

I wonder why the vet I went to is not giving me any eye or nose medication, She has only given me the amoxi and then the clavamox and told me they have a 50/50 chance. I will call them tomorrow and ask about eye and nose meds and see what they say, If they still think the clavamox is enough then I am going to try another vet and see if I cant get some other meds for them. Now to see if I can find one thats open tomorrow. Thanks for calling for me and I will ask about the eye and nose meds and about any vitamins or anything I can get to help boose there immune system and getting them eating and drinking again. Thanks and I will keep everyone posted.

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

No problem! I hope the little guys pull through it okay! 😥

Got a busted Windstone?
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin

purpledragonclaw
                            Participant

dunreining wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Hmm, she said to call the vet and that they should have perscribed some type of eye medicine, like for conjunctavitis to clear up the eyes and nose drops to clear out the nose and chest and stimulate breathing. Also, she said there are oral suppliments, like vitamin gels and things you can get that boost the immune system and that can help as well. You just need to make sure it’s okay for kittens. She said their are actually some made just for kittens since they are the most prone to getting these kinds of colds because they are little and their immune systems aren’t fully developed.

Hope that helps.

I wonder why the vet I went to is not giving me any eye or nose medication, She has only given me the amoxi and then the clavamox and told me they have a 50/50 chance. I will call them tomorrow and ask about eye and nose meds and see what they say, If they still think the clavamox is enough then I am going to try another vet and see if I cant get some other meds for them. Now to see if I can find one thats open tomorrow. Thanks for calling for me and I will ask about the eye and nose meds and about any vitamins or anything I can get to help boose there immune system and getting them eating and drinking again. Thanks and I will keep everyone posted.

I hope your kittens pull through; they sound really sick! Most regular veterinary hospitals are closed on weekends, but emergency-care vets are open 24/7. They cost a pretty penny and you may have to wait a couple of hours for treatment, but it is an option.

There is an over the counter homeopathic pink eye relief drops called “similisan” that I have used on cats for mild eye infections, when I could not get them the eye ointment, it should be good for the kittens. The company may even have some sort of nose drops also, or even try the saline drops for their noses, just a little. If you could get a vet to sell you a bag of IV fluids and some syringes, without you having to have them hospitalized so that you could administer some fluids 3 to 4 times a day sub-Q that would save you a lot of money, and it is fairly easy to do. It also delivers the fluids to them a lot easier than trying to force feed them enough. What are you feeding them? When I have had to wean kittens, the formula has been one can evaporated milk, one can water, one egg yolk, and one tablespoon light karo syrup. The karo syrup should help give them a little energy. Then you could put the formula in bottle for fluids. Or for food you can add gerber baby chicken or turkey, gerber rice cereal, and if the veterinarian gives you some: Nutrical.

LadyFirebird
                              Participant

I’m out here in California so I don’t know if this is available in your area but at my last vet visit I got an application for ‘CareCredit’ that can be used for vets, dentists, and other healthcare services. I haven’t checked into this yet but from the brochure I have they offer promotional no interest payment plans and extended payment plans at low interest. Their number is 800-365-8295 and you can visit them at carecredit.com. This may help with your money situation if it’s offered in your area. I hope this helps and I hope the kitties will get better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.