fbpx

SNOW!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community SNOW!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author

I have never had a snow day, cold day yes, but not a snow day. We normally have snow, and cold, but at
    -40 propane liquifies and freezes, and the buses cant run. The school is still open though, I never remember the school closeing.

Skigod377
    Participant

You got robbed, Ruff.

LOL I guess so, although the cold days were the best days to be in school. We were basically allowed to do whatever we wanted. If you liked sports the gym teacher would arange a game of whatever those wanted to play, others would have movies for us to watch. I usually spent the whole day in the art room or the workshop carving soapstone, or working with clay. And if you didnt want to go it was an excusable absence.

Skigod377
      Participant

That sounds like a great day at school!

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I know it! My mom and stepdad are trying to move there for retirement….I swear Florida is where America goes to die…EVERYONE in MA goes and retires to Florida. I suppose it’s like that for CA too though.

The taxes in MA are crazy too. I STILL haven’t been able to find a house I can afford and the market is in the tiolet right now.

It’s too expensive to retire in CA unless you’ve lived here your whole life…

frozendragon
          Participant

Saydee72 wrote:

Can you say SNOW DAY? Whee! It supposed to snow tonight for the first time, but it hailed all day, which is even better for snow days! The school just called, and we have no school tomorrow, whee! We don’t usually get a ton of snow here in saint louis, but the past few winters have been just wimpy. In the past 10 years we’ve only had 6 or 7 snow days. The people here don’t drive very well in the snow and ice, but not owning a car, its not my problem πŸ™‚

yesterday was a snow day for us….people around here go crazy when it snows…..

people in Amarillo can’t drive when the weathers right…..but if it snows or rains……the drive worse….

but I still had to go to the store for some food and stuff for school….and more paintbrushes for the PYO’s….

but I have no problems driving…..just have to watch out for the weirdos….

Starbreeze
            Participant

you should see how people in Florida drive when there’s ice on the road…yes, I said ice…there actually was a winter a few years ago when we had a light snowfall and the bridges all iced up….I think I saw more accidents in that one day than I have in my whole life!!! 😯

SPark
              Participant

I was in Belfast (in Ireland) a few years ago and it snowed pretty heavily, like eight inches or so, and the whole city just shut down. The buses weren’t running any of the normal routes, because they couldn’t safely drive up or down hills, and nobody else knew how to drive in the snow. There’s not a snowplow or a set of tire chains on the entire island, so everything just stopped until it melted.

BipolarBear
                Participant

I grew up here in the san fernando valley. It’s snowed one time here in my life and that was barely enough to make a pint size snowman.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
                  Engaged to a Weasel

Starbreeze
                  Participant

A least you could make a tiny snowman…the one time it snowed in Tampa, it wasn’t even enough for a snowball πŸ˜†

I remember it snowed in the La Canada area once… apparently it was more slush than snow, though. Sigh. I want snow!

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

BiPolarBear wrote:

I grew up here in the san fernando valley. It’s snowed one time here in my life and that was barely enough to make a pint size snowman.

Ah ha! You’re in TEXAS aren’t youuu? πŸ˜€

My grandmother lives in Paris, Tx, near Oklahoma, and once it snowed there enough to scrape up enough snow that my cousins and I could throw a snowball at eachother! hehe

frozendragon
                      Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

BiPolarBear wrote:

Ah ha! You’re in TEXAS aren’t youuu? πŸ˜€

My grandmother lives in Paris, Tx, near Oklahoma, and once it snowed there enough to scrape up enough snow that my cousins and I could throw a snowball at eachother! hehe

another TX person……are you sure….cause that would be freaky…..way too many people in TX on here…

Skigod377
                        Participant

Well, Geez…Texas is like, half of America, so really, it wouldnt be that surprising.

BipolarBear
                          Participant

Nope not Texas, I’m from california.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
                            Engaged to a Weasel

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.