fbpx

Silver PYO for sale

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Silver PYO for sale

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Even though I am only attempting my first PYO, I would still like to comment on the gold/silver trim “ban”. I can see where Windstone is coming from with their copyright, but I don’t see too many PYO painting options without gold/silver trim. The figures seem to beg for that sort of trim. Perhaps they could change the molds a bit and add “PYO” on it somewhere? Maybe next to the copyright M Pena? I am painting mine for my own pleasure, but maybe it will end up as part of my estate sale somewhere down the line (rotten kids lol). Even if I sign the felt, it can be taken off. Perhaps something more permanent will help distinguish PYOs from regular production and give the very talented artists (and amateurs) more leeway.

I think the indented Windstone stamp on the bottom takes care of that. The regular production pieces have a smooth bottom.

So, should I simply touch him up with the darker silver? Would I have to change all the gold too? The trim at the bottom of the wings is a dark metallic grey; the gold could be changed to black. I don’t know what to do ❗ ❗ ❗

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jodi
      Participant

Ask John and see what he says. He might just let yours go since you’re not selling it “for profit.” You want to paint a slightly different one, and need to unload yours.

frozendragon
        Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Is it only me, or is the gold accent thing kind of crossing the line a little? I mean, it’s not really copying Melody if we have gold toemails and gold spines down the back. It’s a very common idea. If it didn’t clearly have sculpted markings down the back for the accents then I’d understand. (Like the Male and Mother dragons have smooth ridges with the gold accent with paint on them) I mean, they’re all accent points that are carved in and begging to some kind of highlight. What other color would you really do them besides gold or silver? This would mean half of the gallery images are infringing on copyright, right?

ok my take on it after reading it several times is they are still talking about copying any of the styles they have done…

such as peacock, emerald peacock, or ruby….

if you’ve painted to look like those and use the same accent…

but if you’ve painted it totally different and still used gold accents in places, it’s still not the same as the production ones…

but I did notice where it was included that similar paint jobs are still considered bad ideas…

but to me…adding gold leaf on hooves or horns and toenails…really makes them complete…

and I’m still gonna go it…and I’m gonna still post my pictures in the paint-your-own topic or whatever…and if I’m really doing something I shouldn’t I’ll let them tell me….

I don’t think we should let just a few people ruin anything for us….

I know that Nam, Chessie, and vantid look at as much stuff as they can and so do John and Melody…so if there’s something that any of us have painted that they question…then I’m sure they will tell us…

honestly…I wouldn’t make a big deal out of it….John is just repeating what they’ve been saying all along…it’s just that some people out there still haven’t figured out that it’s not a good idea to try to copy what people do and run off with their pictures….

OK…so that’s my 25 cents worth…

tell me if I’m wrong

Skigod377
          Participant

I agree with you and Drag0n on the gold trim. I dont think its too much, but I may be wrong (Yeah… thats happened before πŸ˜› ) As for your silver… I understand that its silver, but it does not look the same as the silver OW. If you wanted to make a few changes to make yourself more comfortable, thats fine… I think it would look lovely with another color added, but if you wanted to sell it “as is” I dont think its close to the OW. $.25 please.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

I’m right there with Frozen and Ski! I’m trying to get an official answer on the gold trim bit, as that’s the only thing that might make this ‘iffy’. Otherwise silver is silver is silver and I think you’re safe unless you made it out to be that you were trying to mimic the Old Warrior (which I know you’re not πŸ™‚ ) Unfortunately the family is out of town right now so it’s bad timing- there might be a delay on the response. Don’t worry though, everything will work out okay! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

frozendragon
              Participant

Nambroth wrote:

I’m right there with Frozen and Ski! I’m trying to get an official answer on the gold trim bit, as that’s the only thing that might make this ‘iffy’. Otherwise silver is silver is silver and I think you’re safe unless you made it out to be that you were trying to mimic the Old Warrior (which I know you’re not πŸ™‚ ) Unfortunately the family is out of town right now so it’s bad timing- there might be a delay on the response. Don’t worry though, everything will work out okay! πŸ™‚

thanks for trying to get some answers for us…

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.