fbpx

Silver horned unicorns, need suggestions (unnoficial poll added)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Silver horned unicorns, need suggestions (unnoficial poll added)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

It might be neat to see a small ‘GB’ type batch of potential future production colors…plus it would make voting easier for indecisive people like me…

Also, I’m sad toasted pearl didn’t get into the poll, is it just too difficult to do? It’s one of my all time favorites, and I’d love to see how uni’s looked in it.

What does toasted pearl look like, I’m intrigued!

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Erika
      Participant

It’s a pearly silver and copper color with darker points and interference purple done as LP in the past. Here’s a curlie in it:

And Hoofer finally Neighs in! Yay for Hoofer LUV.

I think the blue silver dapple would look nice if they had a white blaze and socks… make ’em pop and look different than the grullas too. πŸ™‚

Actually, since you added the white blaze/socks (GREAT IDEA BTW), the blue silver with whitish mane and tail would definitely be AWESOMESAUCE.

I can see white knee high socks, with black just above it for the offset of the color of the main body.

I can also see a dorsal strip that matches the dark/black layering above the white socks, which would be offset with the whitish mane and tail. You could blend the white tail to the dorsal strip going down the tail dock with black (top and side area) for separating the body color from the white.

The mane could have the dorsal stripe into it too, at the base, since it comes out/stands up from the neck.

To reiterate:

A muted silvery style body, which blends with the silver horn.

White (perhaps even creamy) mane/tail.

White socks and blaze (blaze optional) aka eye candy.

A much darker color, we’ll use black for argument sake, for shading above the socks, the muzzle, along the base of the mane, which would be the length of the neck and would drop down into a dorsal strip to the tail and then shade the area atop the tail, which would offset the main body color and the creamy/white tail.

The hooves would have to be a silvery color that matches the horn, just cuz.

Rich brown eyes or possibly deep blue, who knows. I’m not big on the light blue eyes, it’s a me thing though. If you had the light cream/brown eyes, those would probably look hot too.

~Neigh!

Landipan
        Participant

Has it been decided what color a new uni family will be? πŸ™‚

*Formerly meowmix101

It’s probably a RSN kinda thingy.

I suspect the idea of the poll was for accumulating ideas for later.

Ya know, when they have all that free time to paint EVERYTHING.

~Hoofer

Melody
          Keymaster

I really really like the blue roan idea… and Pams “Whatever this is” color, lol… I’d love to have true grey (not brownish grey) unicorns

What about also running a “Silver horn ed” of black unicorns? Use blue stones instead of red stones…

For fantasy colors, I’d love.love.love starry night unicorns… Those are just gorgeous!
            Or what about the same look of Starry Night but with rich royal-purple (like the purple used on BVP) instead of dark blue? I’d love to have one of those as well!

And I don’t think Mel could ever do wrong with some sort of Safari unicorn family..
            I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Kudu uni done yet?

My plan all along was to paint adult unicorns in all sorts of safari and fantasy color schemes that matched ( or sort-of matched ) the grab bag baby unis I have done.
            Not to sell as a grab bag batch, but as special items or ebay things so maybe folks could get families for the gb babies they have.

But, we ain’t got us no usable gold horns yet.

Melody
            Keymaster

The color we have so far is “Snowy”. These are pure white, pink nose,tiny bit of light grey antique with a silver chain and horn and blue eyes. This is a different paint color than the “white” unicorns we did. Those were painted a warm off-white color.

I am test painting blue roans… you do realize that blue roan looks almost exactly like grulla…right?
              So I am trying to make it different-looking. Reddish brown head, silvery body and black points and specks here and there.
              Not sure silver horns go with the reddish brown heads, but they do have matching silver chains.

Landipan
              Participant

The color we have so far is “Snowy”. These are pure white, pink nose,tiny bit of light grey antique with a silver chain and horn and blue eyes. This is a different paint color than the “white” unicorns we did. Those were painted a warm off-white color.

I am test painting blue roans… you do realize that blue roan looks almost exactly like grulla…right?
                So I am trying to make it different-looking. Reddish brown head, silvery body and black points and specks here and there.
                Not sure silver horns go with the reddish brown heads, but they do have matching silver chains.

Ooooh, snowy sounds lovely! As for the blue roans, you could add more blueish/cool tones to the roaned part of the body to make it stand out against the grullas, I think the ebay blue roans that Brandy did looked very different from the Grulla(tho I’m not sure what the rules are when it comes to ebay paints vs production paints). Either way, can’t wait to see what you come up with!

*Formerly meowmix101

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

And I don’t think Mel could ever do wrong with some sort of Safari unicorn family..
                  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Kudu uni done yet?

My plan all along was to paint adult unicorns in all sorts of safari and fantasy color schemes that matched ( or sort-of matched ) the grab bag baby unis I have done.
                  Not to sell as a grab bag batch, but as special items or ebay things so maybe folks could get families for the gb babies they have.

But, we ain’t got us no usable gold horns yet.

I will never be able to afford one of these, but it will still be awesome to see them! πŸ™‚
                  Though I still think a Kudu uni family set as an LP run would be awesome, and look great with silver horns… and the silver horns on the young/babies would keep them from looking like GB’s πŸ™‚

I would be hoping the blue roans would be like a grulla, but no warm colors.. I would love uni’s that are grey and blues, with no warm shades, as there is lots of warm shaded uni’s already… I don’t even necessarily feel specific to roans, I just wanna see some ‘cool’ tones used πŸ™‚

Pam

I think they would look good with black or dark blue heads. Silver grullas were light brown, so I dont think a blue/black/silver colored roan would look very similar.

Here is blue roan vs silver grulla

Falcolf
                    Participant

The blue roan is gorgeous <3

To me, blue roans and grullas don't look alike at all. They are completely different colours – just as these pictures show. Blue roan IS bluish whereas grulla is warm. I think blue roan would look absolutely fantastic with the silver horns!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim
                      Blocked

I would also love to see the blue roans with cool colours instead of warm.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Adaneth
                        Participant

I agree with Falcoff and Kim–that picture Pam put up was what I was imagining with “Blue Roan” since it’s a horse with a black coat and the white roaning. What you described sounds more like “Bay Roan” to me. (Which I think could look better with a gold horn.) πŸ™‚

Oooooh, seeing them like that, both photos, really makes the difference. Alt-Tab helps, opening up two screens to view them next to each other is the best.

I really don’t think they look that similar Ms. Melody. The two color schemes that Pam posted are definitely different.

That Silver Grulla is amazing with all the extras added on to it. I am referring to the extra shading of the forelock, mane, tail, leg feathers and the hooves being a different color, including the ear edges being a different color. It looks fantastic with the gold horn offsetting the coloration. I suspect whatever color was used for that Silver Grulla is what you all are referring to as the ‘warm’ colors.

On the other side, the Blue Roan is also gorgeous. But it also looks to me like it would take less work as a production piece, so perhaps less money to purchase. There is no ‘extra’ shading going with it like the Silver Grulla and the color (what I suspect you all are calling ‘cool’ colors) looks fantastic with the silver horn.

I think the Blue Roan can be improved upon with a different brighter, shinier crystal. I have no idea the multitude of colors you have to choose from in the crystals but, the one in the photo appears to be a darkish purple. I think a brighter color would look better than the darkish one that was used.

Seeing that photo, I still regret missing out on the Grullas.

OMGawd are they gorgeous!

~Hoofer

kila26
                          Participant

Even though the blue roan is a very pretty color and the ‘Snowy’ color sounds nice as well, I would still prefer the new color to be something that isn’t remotely similar to what has been done for the current limited and production colors. The blue roan color is different than the grulla color but still somewhat similar in my eyes because they both involve some form of gray and black. I would really love the new color to be more of a fantasy color.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.