fbpx

*sigh*… *cries*

Home Forums Miscellany Community *sigh*… *cries*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author

You can do this, kittens are pretty tough…only big worry is drowning them. Puppies on the other hand are nearly impossible to save without a mama dog, or surrogate. Not that it can’t be done, but it is very very hard.

My sis in law actually got one cleft palet pup through to 2 weeks old, but then she started seizuring for some reason and that was that.

Kyrin

Amanda
    Participant

Aww!!! I am so glad to hear that the little baby started to nurse on his bottle! 2 days old?! Oh wow, that is so wonderful to take him in and give him a chance, and he’s lucky to still be alive after those kids playing around with him and just leaving him out on a balcony! I really hope you can get your camera working, I would love to see him!

Kyrin wrote:

You can do this, kittens are pretty tough…only big worry is drowning them. Puppies on the other hand are nearly impossible to save without a mama dog, or surrogate. Not that it can’t be done, but it is very very hard.

My sis in law actually got one cleft palet pup through to 2 weeks old, but then she started seizuring for some reason and that was that.

Kyrin

Got him at two weeks or he lived to two weeks old?

The SPCA had 4 two week old border collies in (they were siezed) and they ended up with Parvovirus and EVERY dog in the building (28 ) got put down. That was a crappy day, I tell you.

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Good luck with the kitten!

lamortefille
        Participant

Lots of good thoughts for you and the kitten. You’re wonderful to try and save him!

Well, this morning after a day of good feedings yesterday, and no issues that I knew of, I got up to find the kitten gasping for breath. πŸ™
          Or so it appeared…He was too weak. *sniffles*
          I took him next door to the vet, and was told he wouldn’t make it. When they asked how I came to get the kitten I explained the whole story. HOw the kids had handled him for 6 hours until they got tired of him then put him out on the balcony with nothing to keep warm. πŸ‘Ώ
          (He was only 2 days old.)
          The major problem was the kids they said, he just got too tired and then cold, and was just too young. I fed him, and did the best I could, but it just wasn’t enough (Although the lady assured me that I did my best, it still feels just wrong. 😑 ). And how miserable can one person feel? I don’t know, but I don’t think I could feel worse. I failed that poor kitten, who’s very life was in my hands. πŸ˜₯ *sobs* πŸ˜₯
          The vet put him to sleep, and I took him and buried him next to Maxx in Scott’s back yard (Maxx will watch over him <3). I have a decoration and some flowers, but it will have to wait for now. πŸ™
          But, I wanted to thank everyone who said kind words and prayed for him.

Thank you.

lamortefille
          Participant

Oh that’s a shame, WC, but you did try your best. Better he went humanely than freezing or falling to his death. *hugs*

BDW
            Participant

I’m sorry WC! πŸ˜₯
              You did your best but he was way too young.
              Had he been found by you right away maybe he would have made it…I don’t know.
              But those kids really stressed this kitten out at two days into the world it’s too much.
              And for six hours of not getting any liquid what so ever did not help. Combined with the cold… πŸ˜₯

Aw, geeze……..It just sucks SO bad to lose a little one like that. πŸ˜₯
              At least you tried, WSC. That’s more than a lot of people would’ve done.
              {{{hugs}}}

twindragonsmum
              Participant

I’m so sorry πŸ˜₯ I’m afraid I’d be talking to some parents….

tdm

BlueDragon
                Participant

I foster kittens all the time for my local humane society, so if you need any advice/help with anything, just let me know. Kitten rearing is a little strenuous, but it is well worth it in the end. They make the best little pets since they think you’re their mama. πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                  Participant

Im so sorry. Something that young should never have to face a life like that. πŸ™ You did the best you could.

Andrea
                    Participant

I would submit a complaint to the SPCA in your area. What those kids did was NOT ok! They need to be warned at the very least. What they did was cruel and the parents should be flogged!

And now I am bawling again….George Carlin died!!! He was my all time favorite Comedian. Tomorrow HAS got to be better. πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯

laphon1
                      Participant

I’m so sorry WSC!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.