fbpx

Show Your Collection Version 12

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Show Your Collection Version 12

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

I found this old green gem on eBay.  I think he is from the first cast of Male dragons, which had smaller eye sockets. It makes for an angry looking dragon! I love it!!  His condition was excellent when I bought him…he arrived safely in the mail… but didn’t survive the bulldog. Ya! Don’t let that patch fool you!!!  She decided she HAD to chew the corner of the box until whatever was inside, fell out…you know, just in case there was a chipmunk inside or something (rolls eyes)  And fall out, he did!  Rolled right out onto the cement floor! And you guys think your cats are the problem?! 😀  I thought about sending him to the Windstone Doctor but shipping is too expensive.   So, now he has battle scars to go with his old paint and angry eye balls. ** that dust came free with my purchase btw, lol! I’m hesitant to wash him because of his open wounds **

[IMG]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1322/13763651/24789819/413652677.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1322/13763651/24789819/413652679.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1322/13763651/24789819/413652681.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1322/13763651/24789819/413652678.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1322/13763651/24789819/413652690.jpg[/IMG]

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

StormDancer
      Participant

Welllll ya know… ninja chipmunks can be ANYWHERE! lol

I’m sorry he ended up with battle wounds but I am glad he didn’t end up shattered or ate!

If it were me, I would use Apoxie Sculpt to fill in the chips as close as possible to the original. You can order it off eBay and get the 4oz. size. Its easy to work with and takes about an hour to dry, so you’ll have time to work with it. Once dry you can sand it more  if you need too. Then use acrylic paints to work out the best to match his color. Then use a clear varnish to seal it all. You can also contact Susie to see if Windstone has any mostly used up gold paint pens to touch up his gold highlights. Be careful with the paint pen though, be sure to use them on a sheet of paper first so that you don’t press the pen tip on the dragon and all of a sudden get a flood of paint that will cover everything!

You can message  dragOnfeathers too, to see if she might be able to suggest better ways to either repair or at least seal the wounds so that you could get him cleaned.

Good luck!

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Zexious
        Participant

For what it’s worth (and maybe it’s because I don’t know what I’m looking for :’) ), I can’t really see too many battle scars! The only one that stands out to me is the one in the photo taken from the rear.

One things for sure: he’s got character! Let us know what you decide about repairing him! #baddog <3

pipsxlch
          Participant

And Golden still makes an excellent color match for his paint; my painting box isn’t with me yet but I can look up to see which color it was. My male old green has the angry squint eye too, he was bought new in ’86.

Scathach
            Participant

Aww, I’m sorry to see your wounded dragon 🙁

You’ve got some great repair tips and I don’t think it would take a lot to get him rehabbed.

Even the dust can be handled.  I believe the greens are pretty stable for mild washing (after repair, of course).

Good luck and please post your finished pics.

Life is beautiful.

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

The majority of the damage is where the “base” and tail meet. Looks like he hit the floor right side up, but on a slight angle, then it rolled off from there. I am surprised there isn’t any damage on his face or wings, considering how I found him.  The good thing is, the other chips are no bigger than the one you can see in the third picture.

Thanks for all the great advice guys, but I don’t trust myself to perform Windstone surgery (at any level…even the gold pen scares me, lol!) I think I will tackle the cleaning with a toothbrush, so I don’t get the exposed gypsum wet, and leave the chips the way they are.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Zexious
                Participant

May I ask what getting the gypsum wet would do? (Sorry for the newb question! /die)

dragonmedley
                  Participant

If you have a few drops of water on bare gypsum and do nothing, it’ll simply dry.

However, if you need to do a deep cleaning and have lots of water, you risk having the water get absorbed in the bare gypsum and mess up the paint. If you scrub, you could lift the paint beside the bare gypsum.

When I do repairs, I actually use wall plaster compound because I can “sand” it with a humid cloth. I can rub down the extra or the roughness without having to use sandpaper, so I don’t hurt the existing paint. Epoxy scares me.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
                    Participant

I have an old original with the”hooded”or frowny eyes.I love him too.He looks like he is warning you not to come any closer or you will get flamed.Gives them such character.Sorry about the boo-boos.At least they are minor compared to what might have been.Gotta love them bulldogs🙄

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Nightcrow
                      Participant

Ha ha – that last shot looks like he’s thinking, “You woke me up for THIS?”  😛  Whatever your excuse was, he’s not buying it and he’s not impressed!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Bodine
                        Participant

Amber,my daughter,surprised me with this little cutie.She said,”Just because I love you.” Peacock baby oriental!He has 2 booboos but I think I can fix them.He looks happy with his new friends and family.

Poads….not so sure.LOL

Here are Remus and Romulus.One on right has wonderful hooded eyes.I wish they could have kept the sculpt this way personally.Love the look.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Nightcrow
                          Participant

What a great picture to show the eyebrow difference, Bodine!  Thanks for posting!  Now I’m curious what kind of brows my two males have…  😀

I feel like I once read somewhere on the forums that the “heavy brow” male was a result of mold damage; Melody had to resculpt some of the face, and it resulted in the heavier, hooded eyelid version.  But of course I didn’t bookmark it (and it was probably on the old forum anyway) so I can’t double-check.  Does anyone else remember Melody telling this story?

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

Look at the difference with the turquoise highlights, on your two males, Mimi….

Congrats on your Light Peacock young ori!!

StormDancer
                              Participant

He looks great with your collection Bodine!

Looking for:
                                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Rylorien
                                Participant

This one hasn’t been shown yet:  a butterfly-based pyo wolf done by the amazing Bodine.  She also painted a keeper and another wolf for me as part of a trade but the pictures I took of those pieces were blurry.  So here’s this one for now.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 333 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.