Show Your Collection Version 12

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Show Your Collection Version 12

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

Taddies hatch with an “apical tuft”. I don’t recall ever seeing anything saying there is a significance to them, just that they are lost at the first moult. Since it is not unusual for babies to have features that adults don’t have, I imagine it was just a whimsical thing with no particular meaning.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Landipan
      Participant

I thought I read that the tufts of hair help with camouflage in the Reptangle environment? I could have dreamed that up, but not sure xD

*Formerly meowmix101
        Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Landipan
        Participant

Or maybe it was the eye spots on their bottoms that I’m thinking of?

*Formerly meowmix101
          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

dragonmedley
          Participant

I do, but she’s not on that shelf… it’s one of the adult GB poads, monochrome with trees and a dragon.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

etruscan
            Participant

The apical tuft is the remnants of the vel that became the Poad, or however you want to phrase it:

The Veligent, page 76

page 77

Page 78

Page 79

Page 80

Page 81

As GardenNinja says, the tuft is lost in the first moult.  However, a Poad can change back into a vel if needed so they must keep some connection:

Page 105

Nightcrow
              Participant

Awwww, tiny Poad chairs!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

GardenNinja
                Participant

Hmm, I don’t see that mentioned in those pages. Is that something Ms. Melody said longer ago, before she started posting the Veligent pages (and before I started reading the forum regularly)?
                  But I’m not asking you to go hunting through tons of old threads to find it! 🙂

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Zexious
                  Participant

I’ll have to go comb through the Veligent; the art is wonderful.

Thanks for posting, etruscan! <3

Melody
                    Keymaster

I probably mentioned this in a comment thread somewhere. The apical tuft is like the belly button of a newborn, or maybe like the tail of a tadpole. It’s the remnants of a physical bit of the vel, a reminder of a transitional phase. The connection to the vel becomes an internal structure, like the way a newborn’s attachment to a belly button closes and becomes the hepatic portal vein.

Bodine
                      Participant

I got this most awesome Christmas surprise today.It is a gorgeous Colt named Diamond Dazy.

Thank you so much for this most welcome addition to my incredible collection of fabulous art.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Aggie83
                        Participant

Bodine, she’s gorgeous – congrats.

Kim
                          Blocked

That’s a cool colt Bodine!  The back looks just like my baby and young zebra unicorns with flowers!  If there was a solid zebra colt with flowers a bit like yours, it would go perfectly with my little family!  Or I’m still looking for a solid zebra colt if anyone has one to sell or trade!  Here are my flower zebras again.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

StormDancer
                            Participant

Bodine, she is beautiful, congratulations!

Looking for:
                              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
                              Participant

Thanks y’all.The unis are a lovely pair Kim.Congrats .

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Zexious
                                Participant

I can’t believe how well the zebra pattern fits the unicorn sculpts–I absolutely love it!

Your duo is just adorable, Kim. The baby has stolen my heart <3

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 333 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.