Show-off your swap!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Show-off your swap!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Just shipped mine out, will be there wed they said.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Amstaff
    Participant

Whew! Amstaff, I’m so happy she got there safe and sound and through customs and, most of all, that you like her. I had fun painting your uni and painted her sister at the same time. She’s a little more subdued than Addi:

So many gorgeous pieces everybody. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ohh she has a sister ! Awesome !

Can I ask, how you got her paint to go like that? Is it a black base coat, then dry brushing over? Or is it antiquing with black? Oh, and to paint the horn, did you have to prime it with anything? You did an awesome job on her, I have her sitting right her next to me at the computer so I can keep looking at her, lol !

Amstaff, nice line work on your detailing. SO clean and even looking! I have to ask what tool did you use besides really steady hands!?

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ A small brush and steady hands yup, that is all ! And a little wet paper towel in case I messed up and had to start over, lol ! I had a friend assume I used a stencil ! LOL! I had to tell her otherwise ๐Ÿ™‚

pegasus4240
      Participant

Can I ask, how you got her paint to go like that? Is it a black base coat, then dry brushing over? Or is it antiquing with black? Oh, and to paint the horn, did you have to prime it with anything? You did an awesome job on her, I have her sitting right her next to me at the computer so I can keep looking at her, lol !

No black. I started out green. The green I was using is fairly translucent and there was was a second wash of a slightly darker green (I darkened it with burnt umber). Didn’t like it, but it refused to come off! It had stained the piece at that point. So several washes of green and purple, back and forth until I got happy with what I was seeing also antiquing of the green and purple. The blue was accidental-a result of the washes mixing. I dry-brushed the lighter purple, pink and yellow, so I had more control. I primed the horn with an acrylic that could be used on metal. I am happy with how she turned out. ๐Ÿ™‚

-- Angie

SPark
        Participant

Ok. I’m putting in links due to using my phone to do this. Sorry. Anyway, here’s a few photos…none of then do him any justice or accurately reflect his true color, which reminds me of a purple martin.
          Without flash:https://goo.gl/photos/ocqYKRbYqFKF84HFA

With flash:https://goo.gl/photos/CSzmw2zbkTJbB4dY7
          https://goo.gl/photos/GUg8Dw19CebvQvcq9
          https://goo.gl/photos/juZq6WYtGHj4xmrUA

I somehow missed seeing this when it was posted, and was starting to wonder what had happened to the dragon I painted! Dur. I am super glad he arrived safely and that you like him! Here’s some pics I took of him myself. (Click for larger.)

Fun note: he was done 100% with pearlex pigments, but I didn’t apply the powder directly (so messy!) I mixed it into some Golden medium instead. And he was my first try and sort of semi-dry brushing over black instead of antiquing with black. For gem tones like this it is the perfect method, though the lightest orange and yellow ere SO transparent they needed way too many coats.

siberakh1
          Participant

Yay! My swap arrived this morning, but work has been hectic the last few weeks, so I only just got to open him after dinner.

Aside from mostly free reign, I had suggested an option of a male foo dog to go with “Liang”, the female foo dog I received from Ciarnet during the last PYO swap. Bodine sent me “Yuanshi” (aka. Jade Emperor), a handsome green toned male foo to court my Liang. It is raining right now and getting late, so I will try to take photos tomorrow of Yuanshi and of the pair together. They compliment each other very nicely. Thank you very much Bodine! ๐Ÿ™‚

MandBsMom
            Participant

Fun note: he was done 100% with pearlex pigments, but I didn’t apply the powder directly (so messy!) I mixed it into some Golden medium instead. And he was my first try and sort of semi-dry brushing over black instead of antiquing with black. For gem tones like this it is the perfect method, though the lightest orange and yellow ere SO transparent they needed way too many coats.

I thought those hues looked familiar! This is how I did it. I haven’t done a whole piece with the Pearl-Ex, but parts of one. Gorgeous job! That black base really changes the look!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Prezaurian
              Participant

I got my swap today! And when I opened the box I was in LOVE! My request was for a kitsune in cherry wood brown, cream, green and gold. I received a beautiful little cherry wood kitsune wreathed in soft greenery and cream blossoms, dotted in gold. I’ve decided to give her the nickname of ‘Nymph’.

‘Cherry Wood Blossom’

Thank you so much siberakh1! She’s absolutely gorgeous and thank you for putting so much thought and detail into her. I couldn’t wait to share her, so I have to apologize for the bleh quality indoor photos (I will try to get better photos soon, but in the meantime please upload some better pictures if you have them). Mine don’t do her any justice. She reminds me of those old English fairy paintings. I can easily see her frolicking with the fairies and causing mischief with them. ๐Ÿ™‚

I used dA to host the image, but made sure to give you absolute credit for her. I also pointed the way to your PYO forum thread in her description.

I appreciate the card and sharing your thoughts about painting her. It’s a wonderful touch and always interesting to know what the artist considered while working. ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, maybe I’m a bit weird for noticing…but it’s something that catches my attention. If the packaging was any indication, I’m totally jealous of how GOOD your home smells!

Ferlin1984
                Participant

I got my swap today! And when I opened the box I was in LOVE! My request was for a kitsune in cherry wood brown, cream, green and gold. I received a beautiful little cherry wood kitsune wreathed in soft greenery and cream blossoms, dotted in gold. I’ve decided to give her the nickname of ‘Nymph’.

‘Cherry Wood Blossom’

Thank you so much siberakh1! She’s absolutely gorgeous and thank you for putting so much thought and detail into her. I couldn’t wait to share her, so I have to apologize for the bleh quality indoor photos (I will try to get better photos soon, but in the meantime please upload some better pictures if you have them). Mine don’t do her any justice. She reminds me of those old English fairy paintings. I can easily see her frolicking with the fairies and causing mischief with them. ๐Ÿ™‚

I used dA to host the image, but made sure to give you absolute credit for her. I also pointed the way to your PYO forum thread in her description.

I appreciate the card and sharing your thoughts about painting her. It’s a wonderful touch and always interesting to know what the artist considered while working. ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, maybe I’m a bit weird for noticing…but it’s something that catches my attention. If the packaging was any indication, I’m totally jealous of how GOOD your home smells!

Can I get one ? ๐Ÿ™‚ She is beautiful, I also thought of fairy tales when I saw the pictures. Wow! Really great job.

wolflodge100
                  Participant

Kris! Thank you so very much, the Grif couldn’t be more perfect! He reminds me of stormy skies with the deep blues, grays, and touches of purple! Please pardon the horrible pictures we are getting all manner of rain today which makes for dreary inside photos. If you have better photos, please post them up!

photo The swap 2015 010_zpsl7q6u3nw.jpg
                     photo The swap 2015 008_zpsd5xpm9ff.jpg
                     photo The swap 2015 006_zpsoafv3efe.jpg
                     photo The swap 2015 004_zpsebjonwm4.jpg

And a group photo of him in his new home with the family!
                     photo The swap 2015 002_zpsyjqemblv.jpg

I am so glad you like him! I wanted to try an owl pattern but I was too chicken so I was glad you also said the grey and dark blues! He looks happy with the rest of his family!

Bodine
                    Participant

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHere he is…not a great shot so please add yours.This one does not show him off well.
                      I’m so glad you like him.I did a little reading on the characters and was intrigued so thought I would use him.Foo is in gold/green colorshift so he is difficult to photograph,especially with my ancient camera.
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Bodine
                      Participant

Ok. I’m putting in links due to using my phone to do this. Sorry. Anyway, here’s a few photos…none of then do him any justice or accurately reflect his true color, which reminds me of a purple martin.
                        Without flash:https://goo.gl/photos/ocqYKRbYqFKF84HFA

With flash:https://goo.gl/photos/CSzmw2zbkTJbB4dY7
                        https://goo.gl/photos/GUg8Dw19CebvQvcq9
                        https://goo.gl/photos/juZq6WYtGHj4xmrUA

I somehow missed seeing this when it was posted, and was starting to wonder what had happened to the dragon I painted! Dur. I am super glad he arrived safely and that you like him! Here’s some pics I took of him myself. (Click for larger.)

GORGEOUS KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATS!!!

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

pegasus4240
                        Participant

A beautiful dragon showed up at my door today. Thanks 96037! ๐Ÿ™‚ Lily’s beautiful. There are shades of purple, blue, green and white. She has tiny koi and lily pads and highlighted scales here and there. Her colors remind of cornflowers – one of my favorites. ๐Ÿ™‚ She has green eyes and a clear crystal. And no matter what the pictures show, she’s purple and blue. lol She also has sparkle paint on top, but I have clouds overhead even though there’s blue sky in the pics, so the sparkling won’t show.

Here she is:

And here she is with my other swap piece from 96037, Sakura:

So, unfortunately, your first piece broke, was it the same sculpt and theme? Just curious. I hope you are/were able to salvage it. Thanks for a beautiful dragon. ๐Ÿ™‚

-- Angie

Prezaurian
                          Participant

A beautiful dragon showed up at my door today. Thanks 96037! ๐Ÿ™‚ Lily’s beautiful. There are shades of purple, blue, green and white. She has tiny koi and lily pads and highlighted scales here and there. Her colors remind of cornflowers – one of my favorites. ๐Ÿ™‚ She has green eyes and a clear crystal. And no matter what the pictures show, she’s purple and blue. lol She also has sparkle paint on top, but I have clouds overhead even though there’s blue sky in the pics, so the sparkling won’t show.

Here she is:

So, unfortunately, your first piece broke, was it the same sculpt and theme? Just curious. I hope you are/were able to salvage it. Thanks for a beautiful dragon. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lily looks beautiful! Such pretty colors! And the little koi are so cute! And I don’t see the paint rubs I thought I saw on your pics of ‘Sakura Forest’ after I sent her to you! Whew, I’m so relieved!

pegasus4240
                            Participant

Lily looks beautiful! Such pretty colors! And the little koi are so cute! And I don’t see the paint rubs I thought I saw on your pics of ‘Sakura Forest’ after I sent her to you! Whew, I’m so relieved!

Oh my gosh!!! I am so sorry. Thanks for not being upset. I would have sworn in court that Sakura was 96037’s. I had to pick her up and look at the pads and the signature. Yes, of course you’d know, she is yours! Oh boy, I feel mortified. And, yes, she is in perfect condition. Ok, off to hide now. lol Once again, proof that I am so very human. ๐Ÿ™‚

-- Angie

Prezaurian
                              Participant

-laughs- S’okay! It’s flattering that you thought Sakura was one of 96037’s. Her pieces are really nice. I’m just relieved the ‘paint rubs’ I saw were just reflective shine! I was worried because she was from the very first swap I joined. Anyways, we’re all only human! At least until science comes up with something! ๐Ÿ˜‰

-sighs- But I am envious. Such pretty smooth blending on Lily! She’s SO cute!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.