fbpx

Seriously?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha
    Participant

There’s an untouched PYO Keeper Dragon on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Windstone-Blank-PYO-Keeper-Dragon-/260678688588?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb1a91f4c#ht_1121wt_1141

… if you wanna pay $100 starting bid plus $20 shipping.

Jerusha
      Participant

Kujacker
        Participant

Yeah I saw that too. Thought the same thing too. I don’t think anyone wants a keeper that bad. Can just wait about 2 weeks and they’re be back in the store!

Grayfire_artz
          Participant

wow just wow….

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Come on now ye of little faith. SOMEONE will bid on that, how much you wanna bet! ๐Ÿ™„

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Come on now ye of little faith. SOMEONE will bid on that, how much you wanna bet! ๐Ÿ™„

True, I hate to agree with ya, but I’m sure someone will ๐Ÿ™ .
                I my heart of hearts I hope not, for the buyers sake. I hate to see someone get duped into paying more than double on a relatively attainable item. But it’s possible the seller is unaware that the Keeper is actually not as rare an item now. Who knows :scratch: .

If they want to try and sell it for a hundred bucks, and get it, kudos to them I say. And good Lord, with ebay’s fees the way they are the seller will probably just end up with store price anyways.

Now I’m reminded why I’ve all but quit hanging around on forums. That person’s probably a member here and they log in to see folks taking a bite out of them. I’m sure that’s what the folks at Windstone had in mind when they started this place up. :negative:

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

I payed about $112 for a blank Keeper once when they were never in the store.

Windswept
                  Participant

Yes, I am a member here and the seller. Thank you for all the ‘kind’ comments.

I realize I’m asking alot for that PYO. Under any other circumstance I would simply ask $40-50. However, as I stated in my masked gryphon auction, I’m trying to raise money for my friend who was hit with sudden huge vet bills for her cat (the very first emergency visit was nearly $400, she’ll probably need surgery, and so on). If I had even one bidder, it would help immensely towards my effort to raise money for her. I didn’t add this to the description because I didn’t want to be ‘another one of those sob stories’, but I see now that I should have.

To add, I didn’t know the PYO Keeper isn’t as rare these days. I haven’t been active lately since I don’t actively collect.

But if you want to think I’m just another mindless scalper, go ahead.

Anonymous

:/

Well, I have to defend the seller of the sculpt, after all – its ALL about making money. That’s what I do every time I list something on eBay, and I always hope I will get lots of the green so I can do whatever I need to do, or want to do. And man oh man do I just HATE those fees!!

Those of you that paint them, and ask $250. opening bid, do the same thing – seriously LOL. No real difference, it didn’t cost that much to paint. Windstone does it when Melody paints a sculpt, sometimes half of you all could do the same job, but bid it up sky high – bravo for Windstone, for making so much money.

To each his own, but yeah I think we all should just be happy that someone might get how much they are hoping for something, whether its painted or unpainted. Now, go bid on my crap so I can go buy more crap – and resell it when I get tired of it LOL

It doesn’t feel much better than when you get your money back on something, let alone make a little pocket lining ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think folks snickered behind my back a bit when I was previously asking ‘too much’ for something too. However, I think I sold all those things by now :)))

I didnt type any of this to make anyone mad – I figure we are all mad already……..especially YOU ::points::

::runs n hides:::
                      ๐Ÿ˜€

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

This comes up every once in a while and in the end we usually come to an agreement; it can be rude to complain about the price on someone’s personal eBay auctions.
                        Windstones are a luxury item.
                        No one needs them, truly, and as such there is no harm in asking ‘high’ prices.

Everyone has the freedom to sell them for what they want in personal sales, for whatever their reasons are!
                        If it sells, it sells. If it does not, it does not. No harm done to anyone but the seller (if it does not sell), either way! There is no reason to bring this up.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Kujacker
                        Participant

For what it’s worth, I wasn’t belittling the seller. I was saying that you just have to a few weeks for the sculpt. Perhaps my comment didn’t come off that way.
                          And to Demyx, I saw your other pyo (love him. Would be bidding if I had a job). I thought perhaps that’s why you were selling the keeper for so high, but not everyone will look at your other auctions. This is a good example of that, it seems.

Poems, you’re not looking at it in correct sense. If a keeper sells for $250, take out the $50 you paid for it. $200. Then imagine you spent 13 hours on that sculpt, your “hourly pay” is only $15.00. I know some painters here who take much longer than 13 hours on a single sculpt. 20 hours? Only $10 an hour.
                          And I’m not even factoring in the cost of paint and materials. Many artists here use Golden paint. That stuff can cost as much as $10 for a single OUNCE of paint. If you want a good amount of colors, you need to spend about $50-$100. Just on paint.
                          It’s kind of offending to artists. Very offending. That’s a problem every artist gets, no matter the medium (and every artist will bring up at least once). People seem to feel like artists don’t deserve a decent “days” pay. So thanks for telling all artists, including Melody, that they don’t deserve to make a pay that someone who works at a mcdonalds does.

KoishiiKitty
                          Participant

Poems wrote:

:/

No real difference, it didn’t cost that much to paint. Windstone does it when Melody paints a sculpt, sometimes half of you all could do the same job, but bid it up sky high – bravo for Windstone, for making so much money.

Yeah, I think that one stung a little bit. ๐Ÿ™

Hannah
                            Participant

I know I haven’t been around for too long yet, but I felt the need to agree with Kujacker and Koishii. I haven’t yet painted a PYO, but I have been an artist for most of my life, and darned if the first thing that I didn’t learn about paints was that they are expensive. I was given a $100.00 gift certificate for a local art shop when I was in 5th grade and I promptly went down there and spent every penny on about a half dozen paints, 3 brushes, and a single pallette. I actually just went to Michael’s the other day and since I’ve been reading up on other people’s suggestions and the Windstone Staff suggestions, I picked up a bottle of gold interference ($15), Gold Leaf ($10), and some retardent for my acryllics ($8). Just to get *some* of the items that I will need for finishing my first griffon I spent almost 35 dollars. I haven’t even begun to assess my actual paints situation and have not factored in the money it will cost me to get the necessary top coat and possibly some supplies to try antiquing.

As far as paying people for their time, that reminds me of a story – My boss asked me to draw a picture of his girlfriend last year for her birthday. He knew that I’m particularly good at drawing, shading, and creating some neat looking hair, so I agreed. We didn’t agree on a price, and let me tell you that is the last time I do a piece for someone without figuring that out first, because after I handed him the sketch (that took me at least 8 hours of work), he paid me with a smile and a “thank you”. My understanding is that he thought I just like doing things like that for fun. The way I see it is that I got to save him all the time, money, effort, and credit of giving his girlfriend a birthday gift.

I guess my point here is pretty much to back up what’s already been said. It’s NOT inexpensive to paint things, and it’s kind of a shame that people think somehow that it is. I’d rather break my brushes than cheap out on something as beautiful as a windstone piece, and as it’s been said before, it takes lots of time to make these pieces look so drop-dead-gorgeous. $250 may seem like a lot to pay for a painted windstone, but keep in mind that the artists that painted these pieces are selling their time and energy, and after it’s all said and done they may make a small amount of money for their time, or in some cases the only thing they get out of the deal is the enjoyment of painting the piece and giving it to a loving home.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Leigha
                              Participant

I agree with Jennifer, Koi and Yeral.

Kujacker wrote:

It’s kind of offending to artists. Very offending. That’s a problem every artist gets, no matter the medium (and every artist will bring up at least once). People seem to feel like artists don’t deserve a decent “days” pay. So thanks for telling all artists, including Melody, that they don’t deserve to make a pay that someone who works at a mcdonalds does.

^ Agreed.

Poems, that last post was offensive and I’m not even an artist.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.