fbpx

serial Number ??

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody serial Number ??

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

everyone should be used to living with Windstones

He hadn’t been until I started collecting last November. The ones for the business are in boxes. He does love the Little Rock Dragon though. I think I’m going to give him one for his birthday. It was so funny when we had one at a convention. It sold right away and as Walter (the hubby) was putting it in the box, he said things like “goodbye” “I’ll miss you” “You’re so cute.” It was so sweet!

I wish I could get him a special one, like Louis has Phil.
      Maybe this is a GREAT sign of things to come!!

Well, that is when it started getting better. Or else he’s come to the conclusion that there’s nothing he can do to stop it. πŸ™‚

*****bump*****

just wondering if Miss Melody ever found out anything good on this guy ?

πŸ˜‰

Bob

I’d like to know also

WolfenMachine
        Participant

He’s GORGEOUS, but he doesn’t look real to me. The brown emperors I’ve seen have been, as mentioned, very monochromatic and, compared to the brown family, not even as dynamic in the shading.

When I bought my rainbow Emp, the guy at the store told me that every Windstone (or maybe he meant every Emperor) had a special number that only shows up under a special light, so that Windstone knew where each piece was, like a tracking device….I didn’t really believe that, sounds too elaborate for production pieces (MAYBE beliveable for OOAK, but even then ??)

I’ve got 4 Emperors, and don’t remember seeing anything in the bottom of them. (too afraid to pick them up now!)

Also, your PYO is beautiful too! I LOVE him with those gold eyes and the gold body….would you ever consider repeating his coloring in the future? If you would, I’d comission you to paint me another one this summer when I actually have some Windsone funds πŸ˜€

Your Emperor is stunning though…I know Windstone won’t ever do it, but if they ever re-issued the brown Emperor, maybe with a different shceme, more shading and more turquoise/purple accents, something to set him apart from the ancient ones, they should paint him up like that. WOW!

Bob

He does not look real to me either meaning that mine does look very different in my eyes. This one seems too shiney to me. Mine is very beautiful but not shiney in any way at all. None of my Emperor’s have any sort of number on the bottom of them and I have all of the first 8. Melody herself told us they did not have any tracking system in place to even know how many they made so it would stand to reason that this guy does not know what he is talking about, at least in my opinion

Well maybe it’s just the picture. I just looked at mine and he looks very similiar to yours. I for some reason thought he was much lighter but I was surprised and I know mine is real becuase I have had him since about 1 month after he retired and the person I bought him from was recommended to me from Windstone and they knew he bought the Emperor directly from them. After looking at mine more carefully I would say he is real

Melody
            Keymaster

mikki wrote:

*****bump*****

just wondering if Miss Melody ever found out anything good on this guy ?

πŸ˜‰
              I asked Jeff. He says that he has no idea what those numbers could be, and as far as he knows, no one here has ever put numbers in the sculptures like that…. BUT the pad looks real; is there a Windstone stamp on it? (you can’t fake those too easily)
              Those little marks around the side could be groves from the sanding mesh we use on the bottoms.
              Something else that seems unusual is the sort-of blobby bumps on the very close up pic of the tail/ hip area.I know those areas are smooth because I sanded every d**n scale myself. This may be blobby paint,from a re-paint, but it could also be a sign of a casting made from a latex mold.
              We use silicone…
              It is a mystery.
              Is the dragon as heavy as other Windstones?
              Is there any way you could contact the previous owner? Maybe she/he could shed some light on it.

This is an example of the problems repaints cause,folks! It is very hard to tell the real from the knock off!

Melody wrote:

BUT the pad looks real; is there a Windstone stamp on it? (you can’t fake those too easily)

The pad does have the Windstone Editions logo and North Hollywood California. It does NOT look like it was removed from another one, it’s a little dusty but otherwise clean.

Quote:

Something else that seems unusual is the sort-of blobby bumps on the very close up pic of the tail/ hip area.

Not sure what bumps you mean ? Unless it’s the tiny ones on the dorsal scales right above the wing tip, etc. They really don’t show up if you just look or touch, it’s the close-up and the flash that brought them out. If you mean the ones that are following the line of scales two or three rows above the wing-tip, those are the scales right where it changes from upper body scales to leg scales or under-tail scales. It’s the same on both sides.

Quote:

um, what’s a real Emperor weigh ? My only other production pieces are the Young dragons, coiled, and curled. (deep nervous breath…) He weighs about 10 pounds.

Unfotunately, I can’t contact any previous owners, because I bought him at an antique mall in 2005.

My best guess is that he was an original brown, and someone went back and repainted him by dry-brushing the flat gold color over his sides and tail. He really is not shiny, that’s all from the flash. The belly and legs are just the normal orangey-brown with darker brown antiquing. Would someone at the factory have done that, or is it an after-market addition ? πŸ˜† Of course, if that is the case,to someone else he’s only “worth” what a body Emperor would cost, I suppose.

btw, the stones are blue-green (turquoise, teal ?) if that matters…

thanks again, Melody πŸ™‚

WolfenMachine wrote:

Also, your PYO is beautiful too! I LOVE him with those gold eyes and the gold body….would you ever consider repeating his coloring in the future? If you would, I’d comission you to paint me another one this summer when I actually have some Windsone funds πŸ˜€

thank you Wolfen πŸ™‚ Actually, the eyes are orange..silly cameras and computers never show the true colors. Her real coloring is somewhere between the group shot and the solo. As far as repeating the coloring, I doubt I could exactly match it, but something similar would be possible. Commission ? um, this is the only one I’ve finished. Ya sure you’d want to chance it ? LOL I think I’d be more comfortable painting one, then offering it for sale with you having first dibs if you were interested. I’ve never created something for someone else before, I’ve only done work for me. Well, not including the TOP but that’s another hobby … 8)

I haven’t seen one of the Windstone gold dragons in person yet, I don’t think she’s too close to production color. She really is more coppery than gold.

Melody
              Keymaster

mikki wrote:

Melody wrote:

BUT the pad looks real; is there a Windstone stamp on it? (you can’t fake those too easily)

The pad does have the Windstone Editions logo and North Hollywood California. It does NOT look like it was removed from another one, it’s a little dusty but otherwise clean.

Quote:

Something else that seems unusual is the sort-of blobby bumps on the very close up pic of the tail/ hip area.

Not sure what bumps you mean ? Unless it’s the tiny ones on the dorsal scales right above the wing tip, etc. They really don’t show up if you just look or touch, it’s the close-up and the flash that brought them out. If you mean the ones that are following the line of scales two or three rows above the wing-tip, those are the scales right where it changes from upper body scales to leg scales or under-tail scales. It’s the same on both sides.

Quote:

um, what’s a real Emperor weigh ? My only other production pieces are the Young dragons, coiled, and curled. (deep nervous breath…) He weighs about 10 pounds.

Unfotunately, I can’t contact any previous owners, because I bought him at an antique mall in 2005.

My best guess is that he was an original brown, and someone went back and repainted him by dry-brushing the flat gold color over his sides and tail. He really is not shiny, that’s all from the flash. The belly and legs are just the normal orangey-brown with darker brown antiquing. Would someone at the factory have done that, or is it an after-market addition ? πŸ˜† Of course, if that is the case,to someone else he’s only “worth” what a body Emperor would cost, I suppose.

btw, the stones are blue-green (turquoise, teal ?) if that matters…

thanks again, Melody πŸ™‚ He sounds like a real Windstone to me, ten pounds is about right, the stones are the right color, the pad is real.. and the old browns did have dark brown antique in the cracks. So, no matter what, he would be worth more than fifty bucks! Good deal.

Melody wrote:

So, no matter what, he would be worth more than fifty bucks! Good deal.

oh, he’s definitely worth more to me πŸ˜€ I just wonder in case, god forbid, something happens and I need to raise cash… Not to mention I sometimes wonder if I should consider insurance on some of the collectibles. I just started mentally adding up how much one little case of Artist Resin horses I have is worth… 😯

Melody
                Keymaster

mikki wrote:

Melody wrote:

oh, he’s definitely worth more to me πŸ˜€ I just wonder in case, god forbid, something happens and I need to raise cash… Not to mention I sometimes wonder if I should consider insurance on some of the collectibles. I just started mentally adding up how much one little case of Artist Resin horses I have is worth… 😯Just a big bookcase full of OF Breyers adds up…

DantheDragon
                  Participant

Melody wrote:

mikki wrote:

Melody wrote:

oh, he’s definitely worth more to me πŸ˜€ I just wonder in case, god forbid, something happens and I need to raise cash… Not to mention I sometimes wonder if I should consider insurance on some of the collectibles. I just started mentally adding up how much one little case of Artist Resin horses I have is worth… 😯Just a big bookcase full of OF Breyers adds up…

Tell me about it O.O In my younger days I had two huge bookcases full of Breyers. I should probably work up the nerve to sell them since I don’t think I’ll ever go back to collecting those with Windstones so central in my mind. They’ve been eating up space in my parent’s garage for close to a decade now :X

Starbreeze
                    Participant

hmmm…if those are in good shape, you could have a small fortune out in the garage πŸ˜‰

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

Just dawned on me….That set of numbers could be a SSN? Has the right amount of characters….Lets look it up and find out! 😈

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Just dawned on me….That set of numbers could be a SSN? Has the right amount of characters….Lets look it up and find out! 😈

That is what DM said. How would you look that up?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.