fbpx

Sea Dragon, the repainted oriental sun

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Sea Dragon, the repainted oriental sun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Windswept
    Participant

If anyone remembers, I won a horribly broken Oriental Sun Dragon a little while ago. Well, I finally finished him as of this morning. <3
      (disclaimer, or whatsit: he’ll never be sold, and will just hang with my small personal collection. Hope this isn’t a problem)

He’s dark blue with teal hueshift along his flanks, with brass scales on the belly and back. His fur is a mix of red underpaint and a gold/brass mix. Since I’d had the epoxy out anyway to save/reform his tail, I raised and pointed a line of his scales along his flanks, and also some on his nose (all the raised tips are spotted in gold). Here’s a closeup of his back, along with a smaller photo that shows his colors better.

I’m so happy with him! And now my ruby has a counterpart buddy. <3

Windswept
      Participant

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Looks good! Make sure to make a note on his felt pad that you repaired and repainted him. Put something like “Repaired and repainted by Demyx”. That way (God Forbid) if something happens and it does get sold it’s easy to tell that it isn’t an original paint job by the factory.

Jasmine
          Participant

Nice. Can I ask what is hanging from the Ruby Sun Dragon’s horn?

He looks alot like my Sun dragon…ack! Mine has silver though, and gold. But the resemblance is pretty darn close.

Nice job on him though! I remember that auction, you beat me out on him. 🙂 I was gonna paint him Koi.

Kyrin

Windswept
            Participant

Pegasil978 – He has a new ‘custom’ felt pad, since the original was destroyed while I was stripping his original paint. And he’s been signed all proper, so there’s no way he could be mistaken for a factory paint if you can see the bottom.

Jasmine – A small bottle with a marimo ball in it. I have a ton of them, and that’s one of the babies. <3

Kyrin – Ah right, so you got the blue sun. As close as it may be, it’s purely coincidence, as I’ve wanted a blue sun with my ruby one for a long time. Not like I saw yours and wanted a copy, blue and gold is a pretty common color combo.

Anthony
              Participant

It looks awesome, your ruby’s probably happy to have a friend now xD

Demyx wrote:

Kyrin – Ah right, so you got the blue sun. As close as it may be, it’s purely coincidence, as I’ve wanted a blue sun with my ruby one for a long time. Not like I saw yours and wanted a copy, blue and gold is a pretty common color combo.

I figured it was coincidence, I know you wouldn’t paint one to match on purpose.

I am hoping that they decide to bring back the orientals in some new colors in the future, I really like them.

Kyrin

Anthony
                Participant

Kyrin wrote:

I am hoping that they decide to bring back the orientals in some new colors in the future, I really like them.

Kyrin
                  I just asked about that in the ask melody thread area, keep an eye on it ^.-

Windswept
                  Participant

I think they’ve mentioned that the ‘current’ oriental molds were too hard on the gypsum with all the holes and such (as compared to the rather solid poses the other dragons have). There’s talk about a future PYO, but I’m pretty sure all their remaining blank orientals were given test paints and are being auctioned.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

To the best of my knowledge (and it is limited since I’m not at the factory itself) the remaining Sun dragons are being given different special paint jobs and are going on eBay. There may never be more after that, since as Demyx said the Suns are very hard on the molds and they are, politely, a P.I.T.A. to make.

I do not know if this applies to the entire oriental line or just the Suns.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Anthony
                      Participant

Yeah thats why I asked melody about it, cause I love the orientals (mainly the jade) but I like them all

Windswept
                        Participant

Probably the entire line, since the poses were similar. But maybe we can beg for different colors of the baby orientals, they don’t look like they’d be as hard on the molds…

Speaking of, this guy was a PITA to strip paint off of, and then get cover onto the ‘sun’ and such…

Participant

Very pretty. It looks like you did a lot of work on him.

darjeb
                            Participant

Beautiful Beautiful repair job you are GOOOOOOOOOOD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.