fbpx

Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

This one is obviously a blatant rip-off of a peacock lap dragon:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Young-Dragon-Votive-Tea-Light-Candle-Lamp-Peacock-Blue-Resin-JC-Crafts-Design-/161724619626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a789db6a

The seller isn’t claiming that it is a Windstone, but they do list the manufacturer as “J.C. Crafts-Quality Design”. More like J.C. Copyright Infringement.

I saw that too. :p Have you sent it to John?

I just sent him an email about it.

Looks like a cross between a Lap Dragon and a Fledgling in a somewhat peacock color. Pzzzph!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

JR

Hello,

My name is JR. About a year ago to this day I decided to sell a “collectable” lamp I bought in Disney World. My ex-wife and I had dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table and afterwards passed through The Kings Royal Gift Shop. This was around 1988 or ’89 and I saw this prominently displayed wizard lamp selling for close to $300. The clerk said it would go up in value because it was done by a famous artist. I had more money than sense back then and I believed the story and bought it. It was Disney so I thought it was true what the clerk said. I was further convinced of my wise investment after I saw for the first time Ms. Pena’s print of the wizard for sale in a comic book and collectables store in Ft. Lauderdale. Many years and moves later I decide to sell it and started researching on the internet. I contacted Windstone and was told that it was actually a fake! Ok, so my question is, is there any value in this piece? I was thinking of putting it up for auction on ebay stating that it’s a fake. Oh, I was told by a Ms. Susie Hartney that she told John and Melody about it and showed them the pictures. She said they wanted it at first but then changed their mind. The lamp weighs twenty pounds. I don’t know how to post pictures on this forum or else I would have included them. Any input would be appreciated. :~

I just added my avatar and it’s of the wizard in question. The lamp was done as a mirror image.

Susie
        Keymaster

To help determine value you could keep searching ebay completed auctions for the same kind of lamp to see how much it sold for. It is probably an item that would be valued at whatever someone was willing to pay for it.

chibishiro12
          Participant

It looks like one of the originals made before they did pads. They used to just stamp the bottom when they first started to make them.

Looking for-
            red fire young dragon
            old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

JR

🙂 Hi Susie,

I guess it must be very rare because I have been searching for a long time and have never found a picture of one. Not ebay, Google or Yahoo. I couldn’t smash it after all it’s been through. Thanks for your reply. By the way, is there a way to post a picture ?

etruscan
              Participant

To post photos you follow Hannah’s handy guide:
                http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/confused-about-images-links-etc-new-forum-heres-guide

It’s also a sticky near the top of this page. You do need to have your photos on a photo hosting site like Photobucket, Facebook, etc. Then you link the images from that site (not directly from your computer).

JR

Thank you, that was super helpful! Here goes:

Cool, it worked! Isn’t it crazy that an overpriced fake like this would have been sold by Disney, Of all companies? The most copyright infringement, sue-happy company in the world!!!!

Hannah
                  Participant

Copyright infringement aside.. that’s a pretty cool lamp! XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                    Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Susie
                    Keymaster

The Mother Dragon in Green looks real to me – its an old green one. Check Astral Castle’s Windstone Encyclopedia for pictures http://www.astralcastle.com/windstone/wsframe.htm

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

Okay so gotta ask… Scroll down about a third of the page. What do y’all think???

Dragon haven

tdm

tdm

Kim
                        Blocked

The crystal one looks a bit like a male dragon so maybe that was the inspiration but it sounds like this is just part of someone’s private collection and wouldn’t be re-sold.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

Okay so gotta ask… Scroll down about a third of the page. What do y’all think???

Dragon haven

tdm

Definitely referenced from a male dragon, but it appears to be a one of a kind hand-carved thing and in someone’s private collection, so not much to be done. Interesting piece, though!

This did make me laugh:

“I made a mistake,” he told the guy when he came to pick it up. “I carved a mouth in him, and after that he never shut up.” The dragon apparently told him in great detail how he wanted to be carved, which accounts for all the detail in this piece.”

Some of these artists sure do come up with hokey explanations for their inspiration… which almost always conveniently leaves out when they are inspired by a different artist!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

twindragonsmum
                            Participant

Dragon haven

tdm

Definitely referenced from a male dragon, but it appears to be a one of a kind hand-carved thing and in someone’s private collection, so not much to be done. Interesting piece, though!

This did make me laugh:

“I made a mistake,” he told the guy when he came to pick it up. “I carved a mouth in him, and after that he never shut up.” The dragon apparently told him in great detail how he wanted to be carved, which accounts for all the detail in this piece.”

Some of these artists sure do come up with hokey explanations for their inspiration… which almost always conveniently leaves out when they are inspired by a different artist!

I must say I am fairly impressed with this piece and I wonder how large the the rough citrine was before the artist started carving and how many carats the finished piece weighs…

tdm :bigsmile:

tdm

stephanie
                              Participant

This looks like it must be a knockoff unless windstone made a outdoor grade version
                                http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/clt/5297543193.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,070 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.