fbpx

Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    Pam

It looks like a regular windstone wizard to me, the small white one.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Anyone else report this one on Ebay yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Wizard-/300758341243?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460698167b

I’m sending the link to John just in case for him to look at…

What makes you think this might be a fake? I might be missing something! But it does look like a normal white windstone wizard…

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Zloy720
        Participant

I just didn’t remember the small wizard having a pink ring, the base looked off (too small?), the dragon looked blobby and unfinished (no eyes)…the overall proportions just looked off to me, much more shrunken munchkin than those normally look in photos. Plus, the seller said it was a new Windstone, but only had the one photo and no other information…it just struck me as odd. Since I don’t own a wizard and it’s been awhile since I have seen them in person, I did compare it against the wizards in the store first too and it just didn’t look right to me. But john already told me it was probably real, just a really bad photo. Sorry for wasting your time, I just thought it would be better to report and be sure than not, but maybe I shouldn’t have. Sorry. 🙁

briteblades
          Participant

I just didn’t remember the small wizard having a pink ring, the base looked off (too small?), the dragon looked blobby and unfinished (no eyes)…the overall proportions just looked off to me, much more shrunken munchkin than those normally look in photos. Plus, the seller said it was a new Windstone, but only had the one photo and no other information…it just struck me as odd. Since I don’t own a wizard and it’s been awhile since I have seen them in person, I did compare it against the wizards in the store first too and it just didn’t look right to me. But john already told me it was probably real, just a really bad photo. Sorry for wasting your time, I just thought it would be better to report and be sure than not, but maybe I shouldn’t have. Sorry. 🙁

I can definitely see why you would think he looks weird! I don’t know if it’s a mix between the camera angle and the flash that is washing him out, because he looks like he is lacking detail. Also, you have a really good point with the rings being different colors! You are most certainly not wasting anyone’s time! It’s good to be vigilant! 😀

Pam

Windstone pieces will occasionally have differently-colored elements (coiled dragons with silver details instead of gold, red fire dragons with red eyes instead of orange, etc). So, an amethyst jewel would not surprise me (it is a color we have and use).

The base looking small is almost certainly a result of the camera angle.

Sadly, I see listings all the time where the seller uses only one very poor quality photo of the item and basically no description (I hate that). I take it to mean that the seller really doesn’t care about what they are selling, or they are just in a big hurry and dont know what else to write, OR they don’t think the item is very important and valuable so they don’t spend any time on it. When in doubt, it never hurts to ask the seller for more pictures and a better description.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Not at all a waste of time! I was genuinely curious if you were seeing something that I wasn’t– I sometimes miss obvious things!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Laura
                Participant

Don’t know if anything was said about this auction but i thought i should bring it to people’s attention.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-MYTHICAL-DRAGON-STATUE-DRACO-FANTASY-15015-/370645761801?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564c357f09

Chloe
                  Participant
                    twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Yerg!!! Those are horrid!!!

twindragonsmum

tdm

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

ugh, how many times are they going to try with those ugly things?

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Not a knock off… but this auction made me giggle… I know they are retired now but damn

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mint-2-WINDSTONE-M-Pena-GRIFFIN-BABY-beige-white-Sitting-chicks-/271050909066?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1be4a58a

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Nina
                          Participant

Don’t know if anything was said about this auction but i thought i should bring it to people’s attention.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-MYTHICAL-DRAGON-STATUE-DRACO-FANTASY-15015-/370645761801?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564c357f09

Yuck now sense I clicked the link E-bay keeps saying “you looked at this, you might also like this…” Keeps showing me that dragon & other cheap knock offs LOL That dragon is apparently all over e-bay 🙁 Once I clicked the link it showed me like 4 more of the same dragon. And almost everything in that e-bay users store looks like a knock off http://stores.ebay.com/Art-of-History/DRAGONS-/_i.html?_fsub=3824919&_sid=8880715&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
                            Sadly I don’t think they make them, just resellers.

Nina
                            Participant

I’m not sure if this is an issue or not. It’s an ornament made by Radko but it’s retired & not made anymore. http://www.radkoforsale.com/servlet/the-1191/Radko-FIRE-FANG-Rainbow/Detail
                              I actually own this one & it looks a lot like the male dragon. But it’s hand-blown glass so I’m not sure if I should tell John or not.

Scathach
                              Participant

This looks odd to me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Large-Wizard-Statue-/160882189542?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25755364e6

I didn’t think that there was an apple on the staff and the crystal ball looks like a marble, too. But, that may be bad lighting. The grainy picture doesn’t help.

Especially when compared with this one:
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Large-Wizard-/261097192048?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cca9afa70

that looks Ok to me.

Anyone with more experience, please advise. I emailed John, too.

Life is beautiful.

dragonshoard
                                Participant

After looking at the picture at astralcastle.com, I would say that someone has put a small red “stone” on top of the staff and replaced the faceted crystal with a smaller blue “stone”.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,070 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.