fbpx

Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is considered a copyright infringement or not since these dragons don’t look like they are exactly molded from Windstones, but they certainly look like the artist was staring directly at Windstones in order to create them!

Looks like a Mother:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/LARGE-MYTHICAL-DRAGON-STATUE-PEWTER-FINISH-/370489012102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5642ddaf86

Looks like a Male:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/LARGE-MYTHICAL-DRAGON-STATUE-DRACO-FANTASY-15015-/370489012088?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5642ddaf78

I haven’t emailed John because I’m not sure if this is just me worrying over nothing or not 😕
      They certainly look like they’re modeled after Windstones though – the Mother look-alike certainly, and the Male look-alike really struck me as such because of the way the dragon has his paws on his tail. For all I know these positions could be commonplace amongst sculptors creating dragons, but it seemed suspicious to me so I thought I’d mention it 🙂

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Diana L
      Participant

😡 Haven’t we seen these people before? *brain fart going on* “The Art of History” in Miamisburg OH. I thought they had something like this before? Help me out here and I rack by brain.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Hannah,

Thanks for the keen eyes! You are right– they are an infringement. However, they are a known infringement and I think that John is in the process of doing whatever legal things he needs to do against these folks, as we’ve known about them for a few years. Thank you, though! Without you guys we’d never know about half of these.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Peggy
          Participant

I think that there should be an email contact very easily accessible under CONTACT (top of screen) to report knock-offs and copyright infringements. I can’t seem to find the email address easily, to report this stuff to John. Would just be helpful to have it drop down in the main Contact page.

I have reported knock-offs of designer handbags and jewelry for years, and most websites have that opportunity on the main page. Our local flea market had designer handbag fakes galore; I got ahold of Coach and was actually there when the FEDS came and shut them all down. It was really scarey. Tiffany fakes really make me angry and they DO care when you report to them.

Just a suggestion 🙂

Peggy
            Participant
              Jennifer
              Keymaster

The contact form will send an email to Windstone. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Lupuslunae
                Participant

I already reported this one and it got taken down pretty quick, but wanted it post it for people to see. The eyes were the dead give away, and the lack of a stamp or felt bottom, but there was just something else off about the face, wings, pose. Something akin to a retarded kitten maybe?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WINDSTONE-EDITIONS-RETIRED-1984-MALE-GREEN-DRAGON-/360350654155?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e6929ecb

Pam

That one actually looks genuine, just with the eyes replaced. I couldn’t see any pics except the first one though. The colors and detailing all look spot on.

Skylover
                    Participant

Trust me, that one’s a fake. I have the mother dragon that’s just like it. It’s amazing how close they came isn’t it? The easiest ways to tell these fakes are by the eyes, and by looking at the bottom to see if there is felt or a Windstone stamp. The fakes will either have a black or green felted bottom, which this one had. I had a whole bunch of pictures either earlier in this thread or in another thread to show off all the details. I’d post pictures again if I could figure out how to be certain they wouldn’t be cut off.

Skylover
                      Participant

By the way, has anyone reported this person yet:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62021888/dragon-sculpture-handmade-fantasy-garden?ref=sr_gallery_17&ga_search_query=dragon+statue&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

This person’s been selling castings of the mother dragon as their own work for awhile it seems.

Lupuslunae
                        Participant

Sorry, don’t know how to get the other pictures to show. The paint job on the wings, especially the back side, looked off, same with the face when you saw it up close. So many Windstone dragons have that feline regal demeanor about them, this one looked like a retarded kitten. The seller took down the auction really quick too once John got in contact with him/her.

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

That green male dragon was very much a fake, even disregarding the eyes. The airbrushing is too messy, even for an ‘early’ windstone, and he is weirdly bulgy and ‘soft’ looking in areas from messy casting. Gross.

I think that girl on Etsy has been reported since it’s been posted here before, but I’d say email John about it anyhow.

Stephanie
                            Participant

Not a 100% sure here but the action says that hey might be Windstones and since I don’t have any of the dino’s… I was wondering if these could be ‘castings’ of them?????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130502075185&fromMakeTrack=true

Pam

I dont think so, those bare almost no resemblance to the windstone hatching dinosaurs IMO.

Jennifer
                                Keymaster

Pam Wrote:
                                  I dont think so, those bare almost no resemblance to the windstone hatching dinosaurs IMO.

I agree; they probably just don’t know what they have (and that they’re not Windstones). I don’t think they were cast or even closely influenced by Windstone dinosaurs.

Thank you for your vigilance, though!! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 1,070 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.