fbpx

Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Yep those pop up from time to time. Good eye!

ruffian wrote:

Did this one get sent all ready?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragon-latex-Mould-Mold-plaster-candle-soap-1000_W0QQitemZ330333911736QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ceramics_Pottery?hash=item4ce96f7ab8#ht_2596wt_941
      Those are the people I have turned in 5 or 6 times already. Those darned things just keep popping back up!
      ๐Ÿ˜ก

machineguts
      Participant

Gosh dang! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

Man, that is an fugly thing :puke: !

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

Speaking of fugly, here’s one I found…
            https://secure.magicparlor.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=49_56&products_id=179
            It looks like a really ugly version of Melody’s Hand Held Dragon Sconces :puke: .

twindragonsmum
            Participant

:puke: :puke: :puke: is right ๐Ÿ˜ฎ :puke:

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Purpleturtle,
                Ugh, that sure is… something, isn’t it! But not an infringement. Just… um. Ugly. XD

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Ick is right. :puke:

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Purpleturtle,
                  Ugh, that sure is… something, isn’t it! But not an infringement. Just… um. Ugly. XD

Really? Why :scratch: ?

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

purpleturtle wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Purpleturtle,

Why would it be? The design, color, style… nothing looks remotely like a Windstone.
                    Windstone does not own the idea of a hand holding a dragon… they only own the look of the specific sconce Melody created.
                    Just as Windstone does not own the idea of ‘a dragon hatching from an egg’, but they own the specific look and color of Melody‘s dragon hatching from an egg.
                    Ideas cannot be owned.. only the execution of those ideas can be owned. ๐Ÿ™‚ Execution is the process of making your idea tangible. In terms of art, this is often copyright. In terms of services, logos, sayings, this is often trademark. In terms of ideas of a functioning product, this is often patent. Etc, etc. ๐Ÿ™‚

Does that help? ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

Jennifer wrote:

purpleturtle wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Purpleturtle,

Why would it be? The design, color, style… nothing looks remotely like a Windstone.
                      Windstone does not own the idea of a hand holding a dragon… they only own the look of the specific sconce Melody created.
                      Just as Windstone does not own the idea of ‘a dragon hatching from an egg’, but they own the specific look and color of Melody‘s dragon hatching from an egg.
                      Ideas cannot be owned.. only the execution of those ideas can be owned. ๐Ÿ™‚ Execution is the process of making your idea tangible. In terms of art, this is often copyright. In terms of services, logos, sayings, this is often trademark. In terms of ideas of a functioning product, this is often patent. Etc, etc. ๐Ÿ™‚

Does that help? ๐Ÿ™‚
                      Ah, I see. I’m picking-up what you are putting down ๐Ÿ˜‰ . Thanks for the clarification ๐Ÿ˜€ !

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Ruffian, that’s one of those borderline things that I think only John can decide on! You can send it to him! It doesn’t have the green of Windstone’s peacock and it’s not painted with the same ‘patterning’ but there are gold details in some of the same areas. I’m personally not sure where the line is drawn on these sorts of things so I leave it to John. ๐Ÿ™‚

choebe
                        Participant
                          Tyrrlin
                          Participant

choebe wrote:

Just found this one on etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39642646

Whoof, definite infrigement there.

Windstone collector in remission. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 1,070 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.