fbpx

Repairs I – Look for updates in new Repair II thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Repairs I – Look for updates in new Repair II thread

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 470 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

mmloda wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Kyrin, I have a few repaints I have done myself… even a few in progress that kill me not to share with everyone because I’m just as proud as a peacock about them… but they’re painted to just be my personal treasures and nothing more, but to keep Windstone at ease I just keep them to myself. You never know if Jennifer or Olimpia is currently painting something similar by coincidence, or if someday, somehow, photos or pieces may be misrepresented is a way that would bite Windstone in the behind down the road. It stinks, but it’s really the only way to not step on anyones toes. πŸ˜‰

Oh I would love to see your repaints, maybe you could post them elsewhere and just provide us with a link… πŸ˜‰
      I am not sure how many of you are on facebook but I have a Windstone group on there and if youa re a memebr you could always post your pics in there. πŸ˜€

I don’t have face book or live journal either. I guess I’m just lucky enough to find the time to get on the forum as often as I do… andf that’s only because this site isn’t blocked at my work πŸ˜‰

Myspace, live journal, facebook, all those sites are blocked, bah! I though about posting the pics on my myspace, but never got around to it. I figured it would eventualy just cause trouble some way or another so I never bothered.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

Thing is, as long as there are PYO’s there will always be the possibility that someone has thought of the color scheme ahead of you…but your painting style is so unique that I really doubt that what you paint would be too close to what anyone else has done, even using the same colors.

Yes, but the PYOs are a totally separate line… It is complicated. πŸ˜† Actually we’ve been lucky with this in regards to PYOs so far, and have only had one problem that I know about.

Yeah, mostly when you get this many artists together, eventually someone is going to think of the same kind of thing at the same time. Great minds think alike and all that.

There are so many colors out there though, and even if something is similar, it’s hard for anything to be identical unless it is done by the same person.

Like I said, if I do any more repaints, I will keep the images restricted to a small group outside of the forum.

Kyrin

That’s already happaned a few times before actually. I know like 3 members made snow leopard griffins at the same time (including me, hehe) Also, 2 Okapi Unicorns came out within a day or two of eachother too. They all looked very different from eachother, but we all had the same idea around the same time.

Got a busted Windstone?
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Jennifer
        Keymaster

drag0nfeathers wrote:

That’s already happaned a few times before actually. I know like 3 members made snow leopard griffins at the same time (including me, hehe) Also, 2 Okapi Unicorns came out within a day or two of eachother too. They all looked very different from eachother, but we all had the same idea around the same time.

Patterns and coloration that happen in nature/on real animals belong to no one. e.g. zebra stripes, or leopard spots. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Very true… but we all had the same idea to incorperate those schemes onto our PYOs at generally the same time, I guess was the point I was tring to make πŸ˜‰

Speaking of nature’s color schemes… Jennifer is your Falcon Griffin going to be on ebay at some point?

Got a busted Windstone?
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Tattoo Mother Kirin

Purplecat
            Participant

I think for windstone…at least from my conversations and experiences….the actual existence of a repaint is the problem. I felt particularly bad when I finally understood what they were trying to tell me with my own repaints.

Say….10 years from now…something happens, you come on dire straights and have to sell this guy, or he somehow ends up with someone else. and then perhaps they sell him…or give him up…you never know..these things happen. Even if he’s clearly lableled a repaint, you have the problem that the ink could come out of the felt…More than once I’ve had to “erase” my name from a felt when I decided on a different name for a piece…or simply botched my handwriting. or the felt could just plain come off. By that point, how many people are gonna remember this thread? and how will there be any way to say it’s not a “special windstone” put out by the factory? There are several different types of windstone paint jobs…such as Jennifer’s painting style, Olympia’s, Melody’s, and production pieces. Now…also…if Jennifer did have plans to do an emp similar to this…she couldnt now, out of respect to you…and to a future customer who could possibly pay $1000+ on yours then to only find out it was the wrong emp.

I have repaints sitting around my house that I feel quite awful about…because in a couple cases….they were colors also being worked on by windstone…or Jennifer. It’s pretty common knowledge that I dont do repaints anymore, and never will, even though at the time I viewed what I was doing as a good thing. I saw myself as saving pieces that were otherwise going to be disposed of…or less loved because they were broken. Plus…I’ve a miserable hand at color matching. 😳

On a side note…even though I dont care for pink, he is an incredible paint job, and looks beautiful. πŸ™‚

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Yeah… it’s a really complicated problem. I know, and I’m speaking as an individual here and not as someone representing Windstone, but I know that they tend to feel really bad when they have to ask someone to stop doing things like this, because Melody and John really do love creativity!! It absolutely isn’t because they want to make anyone feel bad or anything, and they’re never out to ‘get’ anyone or try and complicate anyone’s lives.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Jennifer wrote:

Yeah… it’s a really complicated problem. I know, and I’m speaking as an individual here and not as someone representing Windstone, but I know that they tend to feel really bad when they have to ask someone to stop doing things like this, because Melody and John really do love creativity!! It absolutely isn’t because they want to make anyone feel bad or anything, and they’re never out to ‘get’ anyone or try and complicate anyone’s lives.

Yeah, I’ll do what I can to not contribute to the problem. However, Leigha really wanted a pink Emperor and knew that Windstone was very unlikely to ever do this color combo, so we figured it would be a safe bet that it wouldn’t be an issue. That said, I’ll be good and keep any further experiments out of circulation.

Kyrin

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Kyrin wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Yeah, I’ll do what I can to not contribute to the problem. However, Leigha really wanted a pink Emperor and knew that Windstone was very unlikely to ever do this color combo, so we figured it would be a safe bet that it wouldn’t be an issue. That said, I’ll be good and keep any further experiments out of circulation.

Kyrin

Just wanted to make sure that it didn’t feel like I was ‘yelling’ at you… if I came across that way in the earlier post I apologize. I was half asleep when I posted that and really that is not a good way to be typing!

Though to be fair Windstone has been making LP pink Windstones! πŸ™‚

Purplecat
                  Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Ah, I never took it as anyone wanting me to feel bad, once I understood. But I feel bad for the trouble caused nontheless. πŸ™‚

Jennifer wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Kyrin

Just wanted to make sure that it didn’t feel like I was ‘yelling’ at you… if I came across that way in the earlier post I apologize. I was half asleep when I posted that and really that is not a good way to be typing!

Though to be fair Windstone has been making LP pink Windstones! πŸ™‚

True, but only with the girly sculpts, like the Lap. The Emperor is pretty masculine to be painting pink, but you have to admit, it doesn’t look bad on him!

Kyrin

Laurie
                    Participant

Kyrin, I put the armadillo in the box too. πŸ˜‰ Hi Kitsune, the kirin’s gonna look great!!!!

Sbianchi
                      Participant

I wanted to say the Pink was Beautiful on the
                        Emperor!

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Very true… but we all had the same idea to incorperate those schemes onto our PYOs at generally the same time, I guess was the point I was tring to make πŸ˜‰

Speaking of nature’s color schemes… Jennifer is your Falcon Griffin going to be on ebay at some point?

Oh I don’t know! I sent him off eons ago… he’s probably lost in the sea of boxes.

My Babies are finally here! Kyrin did an amazing job with them. I loved the little note on the box, my hubby got a kick out of it!

Here is the young with his head chopped off

And Kyrin’s AMAZING work!

Here is my hornless male.

And the boo-boo is all patched up now!

Thank you so much Kyrin! Your work is amazing! I can’t even tell that they were damaged in the first place! Thank you! Thank you! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

lamortefille
                          Participant

Truly beautiful work, Kyrin! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 470 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.