fbpx

Repairs I – Look for updates in new Repair II thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Repairs I – Look for updates in new Repair II thread

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 470 total)
  • Author

Leigha wrote:

,_,

I was re arranging my curio cabinet today and I went to move my white lap dragon off the shelf…

banged her horn against the wood and immediately set her back down…

her horn wiggles now… and so does about a quarter of an inch of scale around the horn x_x

it’s not immediately noticeable, only if you touch the horn. Hopefully I won’t knock it off, it seems like it will stay in place

I was thinking of putting some glue around it just to keep it on. I don’t think I’ll be sending her for a long while and I thought it would be a good temporary solution, what do you think? Elmers or Krazy glue?

,_,

Since the horns are put in with epoxy, I would go with the Krazy glue, but if you are wanting me to repair her later, perhaps the Elmers would be better, since I can soak that off with a damp paper towel and then repair the damage.

Youz be more careful, Dr. Kyrin is going on vacation soon…no more breakies!

Kyrin

Stephanie
    Participant

πŸ˜†

I just had a mental image of you lounging in a chair on a sandy beach…sipping a drink with an umbrella in it. Your cell phone rings, and people walking by look at you askew as you say, “Dr. Kyrin here. The horn is wiggling? Put some Elmers on it, I’ll repair it when I get back to the States. Ciao, bella!”

twindragonsmum
      Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† That’s cute Stephanie!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Morrigan
        Participant

Kyrin wrote:

I can’t remember off the top of my head who is next, but I will get on it asap.

Yay that must mean I’m at the front of the queue now! XD *super happy in anticipation*

Stephanie wrote:

πŸ˜†

I just had a mental image of you lounging in a chair on a sandy beach…sipping a drink with an umbrella in it. Your cell phone rings, and people walking by look at you askew as you say, “Dr. Kyrin here. The horn is wiggling? Put some Elmers on it, I’ll repair it when I get back to the States. Ciao, bella!”

Wow that would sound sooooo bad to the uninformed passerby…. πŸ˜›

LOLS

Tooo cute πŸ˜‰

Stephanie wrote:

πŸ˜†

You’re funny Steph! I love it, that would be cool. I miss the beach, that was the one thing I regretted about leaving California…no more ocean. But I have lakes, rivers and streams here to make up for it, and fishing…I love fishing! Need to go do some soon. Perhaps I will do some over the 3 day weekend I get for 4th of July.

Cool thing about fishing these days is, if don’t catch anything, no big deal cause I can get trout whenever I want it. I work for Clear Springs Foods, which processes trout, we get about 5 lbs every two weeks for free on paydays.

Kyrin

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Kyrin I know what you mean about missing the ocean… It was one of the reasons leaving Cali was hard…. but like you said, we have rivers, streams, lakes, etc. and gorgeous scenery right outside the front door!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

twindragonsmum wrote:

Kyrin I know what you mean about missing the ocean… It was one of the reasons leaving Cali was hard…. but like you said, we have rivers, streams, lakes, etc. and gorgeous scenery right outside the front door!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

Very true, there are compensations, like owning a house, land and horses! *grin* Things I would never have now if I hadn’t left Calif. So I am not sorry.

Only now and then I miss sitting on the beach at night, in the sand still warm from the daytime sun and listening to the waves crash on the shore. But I also love laying in my hammock between the elms in my backyard and listening to the songbirds and my children laughing and playing with the dogs.

It’s all good.

Tonight I chatted on the phone with 2huberts and worked on Wolfen’s Spectral, I’m now down to a couple places on the wings that still need filling in, and then detail carving, one wing is almost fully detailed, but the other still has quite a few areas that need work. A few more chats and he’ll be all done! LOL!

I plan to break out Misato’s OW tomorrow, he should go pretty quick once I get started.

Kyrin

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Ya know…. Now that I think of it, you’re another person we need to do a tutorial or maybe I should just ‘borrow’ you for a few days so I could learn in person from the ‘master’ πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Tutorial of what?? Repairs??

I kinda did one when I rebuilt the faceless white male dragon.

Kyrin

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Yup! repairs, painting, carving etc. the whole nine yards… Where can I find the repairs on the faceless dragon? That must’ve been sooo sad to see

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

twindragonsmum
                Participant

thankies!

twindragonsmum

tdm

I’m making slow but steady progress on the Spectral, soon his wings will be restored! Yay. I’ve already fixed his head, neck and other major cracks. It’s all little detail re-carving at this point, oh and his claws, poor guy needs a pedicure.

I’ll be getting the OW out today and starting his restoration.

I’ll try to post pictures of the Spectral later, along with the pics I took of Zym’s dragons.

I hope he gets them soon, I wanna know what he thinks. Me, I didn’t want to send them home, they looked so spiffy.

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 470 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.