fbpx

Red Fire?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Red Fire?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Illith
    Participant

I am really in love with the Red Fire Lap Dragon, but I can’t seem to find one anywhere! I even went to the one dealer we have in the city and the only Windstone product they carried was a castle.
      Are there any plans to make more, or is that colour retired now?

Illith
      Participant

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

They were having lots of problems with the Red paint once they moved locations from California to Oregon so the color unfortunately was retired as a result.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Illith
          Participant

Darn …. that would be my luck.

Rachel
            Participant

There are a handful of red fire scratching dragons available at the Windstone online store. https://www.windstoneeditions.com/shop/scratching-dragon-red-fire.html
              I agree with you…bummer about the red fire. It’s my favorite color scheme.

Aww dang. I really wanted a red fire young dragon. ;-; Will there be more red production colors? (gah, there’s my red ouroboros obsession whining again. x.x)

Kujacker
              Participant

PaperCut wrote:

Aww dang. I really wanted a red fire young dragon. ;-; Will there be more red production colors? (gah, there’s my red ouroboros obsession whining again. x.x)

I think they’re going to stay away from all red colors. Seems red has a problem with fading.

Yeah I heard that… boo. Wish I’d kept my ruby young dragon. :/

Illith
                Participant

ghostndragon wrote:

There are a handful of red fire scratching dragons available at the Windstone online store.

Yeah, I saw them and I snatched one up. ๐Ÿ˜†
                  That’s a major let down for me about no longer keeping red colours in production. Everything seems to be painted green or blue, which are two colours I’m blind to. Oh well. Maybe I can find someone who is willing to part with theirs.

Apari
                  Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฎ that explains why this color is soo rare. Glad i got a RF scratcher while i still could. Love that color.

Kujacker
                    Participant

Illith-Anthonar wrote:

ghostndragon wrote:

There are a handful of red fire scratching dragons available at the Windstone online store.

Yeah, I saw them and I snatched one up. ๐Ÿ˜†
                      That’s a major let down for me about no longer keeping red colours in production. Everything seems to be painted green or blue, which are two colours I’m blind to. Oh well. Maybe I can find someone who is willing to part with theirs.

Naw, I’m not partial to blue or green either. Purple and black are my colors (and, I have all black gold sculptures except for the riser… he’s out of stock everywhere) and now thankfully they’re making purple dragons.
                      I, however, didn’t like the red dragons either ๐Ÿ˜• Just didn’t catch my eye.

machineguts
                      Participant

I always hoped they would make the production Secret Keeper in Red Fire. The chances are bleak now, especially considering the color was retired and production of the Secret Keeper sculpt is on hold at the moment. But Red Fire would have looked awesome on the SK, especially with those little red glitter flecks.

pipsxlch
                        Participant

I’m a blue-green person myself ๐Ÿ˜ณ but I thought the red fire was snazzy. It’s a real shame they had to retire it, but i remember when the faded red fires were popping up and can understand their frustration. It’s sad no one has come up with a stable red. Recall some red/pink/violet PYOs fading even… Wonder if oranges would be as unstable, for the folks who prefer hot colors?
                          I agree, the SK would carry that color scheme royally! Still want an old green one though… ๐Ÿ˜›
                          (I can dream)

Melody
                          Keymaster

Illith-Anthonar wrote:

I am really in love with the Red Fire Lap Dragon, but I can’t seem to find one anywhere! I even went to the one dealer we have in the city and the only Windstone product they carried was a castle.
                            Are there any plans to make more, or is that colour retired now?

No, no more Redfire dragons. The paint that the newer ruby dragons, and the Red fire dragons have is fairly stable, but I was tired of the problems with it.
                            I hope to do another red color eventually, but not until we can get a new red paint that behaves, and looks the way I want it to.
                            Stalk Ebay, they turn up sometimes.

Tethra
                            Participant

For the Red Fire lap dragon, you could try Alcove Unique Gifts. They are still advertising one for $165. I don’t know if they actually still have one or just haven’t fixed up the page yet, but it wouldn’t hurt to try! Good luck! I’m looking for a red fire OW and I think I will have a lot of trouble finding one somehow……. Red Fire really is an awesome colour. A pity about the problems.

http://www.thealcove.com/mm5/dollsbearstoysgifts/category/WINDSTONE-Dragons.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.