fbpx

R.I.P. Amadeus "Old Butt" 02-01-2010

Home Forums Miscellany Community R.I.P. Amadeus "Old Butt" 02-01-2010

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author

This morning started out good, but then I caught my 17 yr old cat trying to pee “outside the box”. What I found was a small drop of blood when I shooed him away. It appears the bladder crystals may be back. At almost 18 years of age, they won’t put him under to try and empty the bladder…Geez I hope I am wrong. I hope it’s jsut an infection…Or else I will be seeing my long time friend and companion off to the Happy Meadows. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
    I just wanted to ask for any prayers anyone can spare for him…
    Thank you.

Adaneth
    Participant

So sorry, hope there’s a way for him to pull through this, and it’s not as bad as you fear. ๐Ÿ™

Skigod377
      Participant

I hope he is ok. ๐Ÿ™

LadyFirebird
        Participant

My thoughts are with your fur baby! We never want to give them up! So I hope all is well.

BDW
          Participant

๐Ÿ™ so sorry. I hope he’ll get better. Having lost 3 birds just recently I understand.

Jasmine
            Participant

Hugs and healing thoughts for you kitty.

oh no… i’m so sorry! ๐Ÿ™ i hope he gets better!

Bob

So sorry, would it help to put him on a urinary track formula food. I had to put all mine on it when my oldest male got crystals and none of them have had any problems since

Amanda
                Participant

Oh no, I really hope your kitty just has an infection! When my boy Sneezer was about 7-8 years old, he had two UTI’s 5 weeks apart. I switched him to a urinary tract formula food and have been giving him one Cosequin capsule daily for the last three years. Haven’t had one sign of a problem since!

And actually, from what I am reading on on google just now, it is possible to cath a cat without sedation if there is a blockage. I’m sure this is no fun, but hopefully you will have options!

I’ve been checking for pee all day, and so far not good. Tomorrow am I will try to call my mother-in-law once again since she works at the office where all our animals go. Geez I hope they can cath him without putting him under…That would just about make me cry with happiness right about now.
                  Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers. *hugs*

Oh boy…..that situation is SO not good. We almost lost Turbo at a fairly young age to bladder crystals; poor guy had a bladder full of hardware, and was stopped up solid. *Keeping fingers and toes and whiskers and paws crossed for you* I hope it turns out for the good!

darjeb
                  Participant

All my hopes are for your furbaby getting thru this OK. It is so hard to lose one no matter how old they are.

Maria
                    Participant

How’s the kitty doing?

machineguts
                      Participant

*Hugs tight* I hope he is doing okay. <3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.