fbpx

Question for those with eBay experience

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Question for those with eBay experience

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

450.00 πŸ˜• Thats why I bought it. I didn’t see it before. :scratch:

Tinks
      Participant

Grats! $450 is still a good price. Sorry Leigha that you didnt win the dragons.

Leigha
        Participant

Now I’m pissed off…

Laurie
          Participant

I’m sorry 😳

But she’s got my money. πŸ˜•

Lokie
            Participant

Sorry, Leigha, that was pretty dishonest of the seller.

I wonder if they were originally trying to pull the listing to relist at a higher start, and when Ebay asks them why they pulled the listing, they choose the option of selling to the highest bidder without realizing it generates an automatic Ebay notification? Maybe that’s why they were surprised you got a notification and then came up with a lie? πŸ˜• Just a guess, I’ve never pulled a listing, maybe someone can inform me of what happens when you do.

Not saying it would have been OK if that’s what happened; I’d be uber pissed as well, with this story of being hacked, then trying to get more money off you, and then putting it up as a BIN.

I would definitely contact ebay and have the whole thing investigated!!! It sounds very suspicious to me too, and if ebay doesn’t know about stuff like this, they can’t investigate and keep the system clean for everyone. If everyone could just say, oh, I really don’t like the price it sold for, I wanted the BIN price, so I am going to change the rules to get what I want by concocting some story about mysterious hackers, the whole system would drop like a rock! If she wanted the 450.00, she should have set the beginning bid at 450.00 or set a reserve for that price, and not done a BIN at all. But she should be held accountable for what she did, and play by the rules or not play at all!!! That’s in her seller’s contract. If you don’t report it, she can do this again and pretty soon, other sellers will be doing that, and then nobody can trust that what they won was actually won by them and the system goes into chaos and stops completely. That’s why ebay has a reporting/investigating branch and so does paypal, they need to keep the system clean for everyone. That’s also why the reporting and claiming is free of charge, they WANT us to report things and let them figure it out.
              That’s my .02

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Wow… that’s not cool

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Christine
                Participant

I’m sorry Leigha, what a dishonest seller! πŸ‘Ώ Sounds like what happened with my kirin a few weeks ago where the seller tried to refuse my winning bid and jack the price up double.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Something similar to this happened with me and … I think it was emerald a long time ago. I made an offer to a seller who I won another item from and she listed an auction with the intention I would go and buy it now because she wanted everything done through ebay for her protection which I totally understood, before I found it emerald happened to already see it and bought it before I could. It was a big mess. We ended up splitting the dragons up between us and working out a deal, but that was us…

what was the auction for anyway? I didn’t see it when it was up I don’t think.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

purpledragonclaw
                    Participant

I’m sorry too, Leigha. This sounds like a stunt a former forum member pulled when an auction didn’t sell for what she wanted. I hope you get some sort of retribution for all of this.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Well Leigha, if it makes you feel any better I just got screwed by an ebay seller too! *GAH!* I have a suspicion it was a forum member as well who got it too. *sigh* Oh well, not like I should have been spending money, but it was a great deal….*pout* I hope whoever got it enjoys it. πŸ™

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

bayoudragon
                        Participant

Yep, I just had some ebay “weirdness” happen, too. I was bidding on an item that had a reserve price. I put in my maximum I was willing to pay and met the reserve. No one had touched the auction until the last hour when someone bid just 4.50 over the reserve price. Hmmm… they knew I met the reserve, yet they were only going to bid an extra $4.00. I call that “testing the waters”. Well, now the item is theirs because I had only met the reserve by $2.00! πŸ˜› I wasn’t getting into a bidding war; I had put my maximum and walked away. I let the item go.

I got an e-mail saying I was highest bidder… because the other person tried to retract their bid, but couldn’t before time had run out. The retraction officially occured after the auction was over. I was offered the item as a BIN (reserve + the $2.00). Had I engaged in a bidding war, I’m pretty sure the BIN price would have been much much higher.

I went ahead and bought it, but I was very tempted to decline and to see what it would have been relisted for. Bid retractions, even if they are legit, always make me leary… especially for a mere 4 bucks.

BDW
                          Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

Yep, I just had some ebay “weirdness” happen, too. I was bidding on an item that had a reserve price. I put in my maximum I was willing to pay and met the reserve. No one had touched the auction until the last hour when someone bid just 4.50 over the reserve price. Hmmm… they knew I met the reserve, yet they were only going to bid an extra $4.00. I call that “testing the waters”. Well, now the item is theirs because I had only met the reserve by $2.00! πŸ˜› I wasn’t getting into a bidding war; I had put my maximum and walked away. I let the item go.

I got an e-mail saying I was highest bidder… because the other person tried to retract their bid, but couldn’t before time had run out. The retraction officially occured after the auction was over. I was offered the item as a BIN (reserve + the $2.00). Had I engaged in a bidding war, I’m pretty sure the BIN price would have been much much higher.

I went ahead and bought it, but I was very tempted to decline and to see what it would have been relisted for. Bid retractions, even if they are legit, always make me leary… especially for a mere 4 bucks.

πŸ˜• Ummmm bayoudragon did you receive that piece yet?
                            Are you sure it was a legit eBay letter and not someone hacking?
                            I sent an email just like that one at spoof for verification….turns out their account had been hacked.
                            I truly hope it’s legit.
                            :scratch:

bayoudragon
                            Participant

I didn’t receive the piece yet as this just happened today! It should be legit; it shows up on my “My Ebay” section… and the seller herself contacted me to verify my shipping address (I always get things shipped to my work address). πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.