fbpx

Question for those with eBay experience

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Question for those with eBay experience

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Leigha
    Participant

I put a bid on a 9 day auction. I come home today and it says the seller ended the listing early to sell to the highest bidder; which is me. yay! right?

I message the seller to ask about shipping.

This is what she responds with:

Dear leigha10562,

I am not sure what happened here, but the dragons are not sold to you for $300.00. Somehow someone gained access to this account and showed them sold to you. I am sorry but I cannot sell them for less than $450.00. Sorry, if your are still interested in them, please contact me asap. Thank you

– nichelson0408

I don’t know what to do. I don’t believe that the seller’s account was hacked just so that the hackers could end this particular listing early….that seems stupid.

Anyone have any experience and advice with something similar?

Can a seller change their mind like that?

Is there a claim or something I need to file through eBay for a seller who won’t sell me what I won?

Leigha
      Participant

Can you have eBay look into it? Did you get a message from eBay saying you had won? I have bought a fair bit on eBay, but never encountered something like that??? :shrug:

Tinks
        Participant

:shout: Hmm i hope they didnt do this due to me asking why it was ended. I also was going to bid on it but they didnt know this till it was ended.

Something new to me too. I have bought over 100 items from ebay sellers, and NEVER had anything like this happen to me. πŸ˜•
          I don’t think a hacker would take the time to end an auction early. Not for something silly like that. They might a high-priced like one of a kind batsuit or something a VERY famous person wore, used etc., but I can’t see them doing something like that. If anything I would be able to see them hacking a paypal account to pay for something they wanted and charged to someone else’s account. Not hacking a seller’s acct to end an auction. Perhaps they goofed up and hit the wrong button but are too embarrassed to admit it?

If you got an email from ebay directly I would ask them to investigate that account if they can. I don’t know if they do that, but I would like to think that they would have some form of records of account activities, or sellers wouldn’t be so paranoid about taking money orders when they always did prior to the paypal BS. πŸ˜›
          Atleast try asking someone from their live help chat. That is what I would do. πŸ˜‰

Leigha
          Participant

I got an email from eBay saying the normal “YOU WON THIS ITEM!” That’s legit

and it says on the auction “Congrats, you just bought this item.” and “The seller ended this listing early to sell to the high bidder(s) at current bid price.” So that’s legit as well.

and then I got a message through eBay from the seller saying exactly what I pasted before

is there something eBay can do?

I would ahve them look into it, it sounds like the seller is either not wanting to sell them for your bid because it was not enough, or selling them to someone else, by-passing ebay. Send the reply you got from them to ebay and report it because I am sure that it is not allowed. There has to be something you can do!!!

there are people who ahve sold on ebay before that will hopefully chime in, maybe one of them know for sure, and who to send it too.

bayoudragon
            Participant

Read the third bullet on the list.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

This circumstance may be legit, as the seller may have contacted ebay about the problem… but personally, I would not go through with this transaction. And I would contact ebay. Just to see if this is OK.

The asking for $450 after the fact just seems fishy… sorry if it is anyone on this board, but that’s my 2 cents. 😳

Jennifer
              Keymaster

bayoudragon wrote:

Read the third bullet on the list.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

This circumstance may be legit, as the seller may have contacted ebay about the problem… but personally, I would not go through with this transaction. And I would contact ebay. Just to see if this is OK.

The asking for $450 after the fact just seems fishy… sorry if it is anyone on this board, but that’s my 2 cents. 😳

Agreed.
                Also, if they were so keen on getting no less than $450, that’s what reserve prices are for!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Zelda
                Participant

I agree with Bayoudragon and Jen. There is the possibility that the seller is having second thoughts about closing the auction early, and is now saying that they’d sell them to you at the higher price to get some extra $$$ out of you. If they refuse to let you have them for what you bid, I would just tell them to relist the auction and best of luck. By paying a different price than what Ebay thinks you’ve paid (for example, not checking out and paying through the normal Ebay process, but perhaps a separate unrelated PayPal payment instead) you would lose Ebay’s enforcement capabilities should the deal go bad. Best of luck in getting this issue resolved!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

Sounds fishy to me. I’d let ebay know. I also let them know she’s trying to get you to pay more than she closed the auction for. Wanting the extra money just makes me leary.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

Tinks
                    Participant

I got a email from them. They said they will be relisting it.

Leigha
                      Participant

They relisted the auction….what a $#*%!

I looked at that link Bayoudragon and I’ve contacted eBay customer support. But it didn’t seem like the seller wanted to sell the dragons to me outside of eBay, they just wanted to bump the price up higher.

At the very least I am going to leave informative feedback for future buyers -.-

Laurie
                        Participant

oh oh, I bought from that seller before and she was wonderful and I just saw it and did 😳 the BIN. .

Tinks
                          Participant

How much did she have it up on the BIN?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.