fbpx

Question for Parents(of children, not windstones haha)

Home Forums Miscellany Community Question for Parents(of children, not windstones haha)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

yup- I have the same thing happen– I can’t leave my 9 month old over night since I nurse– but even leaving him with dada for a couple hours leaves me a little panicy- its normal! My almost 3 year old goes to grandmas over night now and its great for me– but even then I worry a little πŸ™‚ sigh- I guess that is how it is for the rest of your life with kids!

I am not like that, I had to start leaving my son at 6 months because I had to work, honestly the worse part was the fact that he didnt care. Babies are supposed to cry when mommy leaves, not walk off and play damnit.

ruffian wrote:

I am not like that, I had to start leaving my son at 6 months because I had to work, honestly the worse part was the fact that he didnt care. Babies are supposed to cry when mommy leaves, not walk off and play damnit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!! I didn’t have THAT happen until today. My son is 3.5 years old and today I was home sick and kept him at home with me to spend time with him, apparently I was too boring because he asked if he could go to daycare…it kind of hurt my feelings πŸ™

Kyle’s been in daycare since he was 6 months old- interacting with other kids is wonderful for a developing child, she needs that interaction as much as she needs to interact with Dad and you so she can be well-adjusted when she goes to school. Concerning Dad, unless it’s a situation of “He might hurt her (that’s AWFUL by the way)” he needs to spend as much time developing a relationship with her while she’s young so they have an interest in each other later in life. I think your friend has things well in hand and they will call if anything is amiss so go, enjoy your time, and goo dluck in competition if you’re showing!

dragonmedley
    Participant

My daughter is in Karate. Who do you think helps her train for tournaments? NOT ME! She does her forms (kata) on her own, but for the sparring (kumate), she needs a partner. So she puts on her gear and spars with daddy. It is good for them! And it’s a howl for me πŸ˜€ I mean, she’s up to his mid-chest only, little thing with the gloves, boots and helmet, it’s a hoot!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

I agree, daddy does need to spend more time, but honestly, he does what he can when he can. He owns a buisness that’s just starting to take off, he’s part of the National responce team for Office Depot which flies him all over the place for weeks on end, and he’s going to college full time. Doesn’t leave anyone much time. that’s why i stay at home, so Chloe has at least one parent to play with πŸ˜€

She loves going to Michelle’s because with 6 kids, there’s ALWAYS someone who wants to play something. It’s cute. She’s very shy of adult men though.

Daddy’s gonna watch her all day, and over than being really nervious about food/nap/snuggle time, he’s excited. I’m glad. Plus, Michelle’s right up the road.

YUPPERS, I’ll be competing, and playing dealer. I’m excited. As longas this show goes well, I’ll be going to a lot more. I’m so excited, it’s been MONThS since the last show. Stupid winter weather!

I’ll sign on tomorrow night and let ya’ll know how it went!!! (daddy and Chloe…and the show πŸ™„ )

Hey guys!
      Well, we all survivied πŸ˜€ . Every time I called, I could hear Chloe playing quietly in the backround. She got changed, fed, and even played with. And now, hubby realizes why some days NOTHING gets done 😯

The one thing, she didn’t really seem to notice I was gone πŸ™ . Hubby said every so often she would just stop and look around. But, she wasn’t fussy, and we played when i got home for a bit before she went to bed. the whole day was awsome(my custom horses kicked butt), and I’m so glad it went smoothly, becasue now we’re all geared up to hit show season with full steam.

thanks for everyone’s supposrtive posts. πŸ˜€

OH. And Michelle didn’t get called once πŸ˜€ 😯

bluepony78 wrote:

Hey guys!
      Well, we all survivied πŸ˜€ . Every time I called, I could hear Chloe playing quietly in the backround. She got changed, fed, and even played with. And now, hubby realizes why some days NOTHING gets done 😯

The one thing, she didn’t really seem to notice I was gone πŸ™ . Hubby said every so often she would just stop and look around. But, she wasn’t fussy, and we played when i got home for a bit before she went to bed. the whole day was awsome(my custom horses kicked butt), and I’m so glad it went smoothly, becasue now we’re all geared up to hit show season with full steam.

thanks for everyone’s supposrtive posts. πŸ˜€

OH. And Michelle didn’t get called once πŸ˜€ 😯
      Yay, that is good news. I am glad everything went well. I bet Chloe noticed you were gone and I bet she was really happy you were home. I also bet that your husband appreciates you more as well. It is great that he was able to take care of everything and now you can ease your mind in case you have to leave her again.

Skigod377
      Participant

Awesome!! So glad it was all smooth!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.