fbpx

Question

Home Forums Miscellany Community Question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

How would you feel if you were asked to draw a “friend” a tattoo design and you did… you personaly loved it… They say that they REALLY LIKE IT… Then when the person gets it, it is NOTHING like what you drew….

How would that make you feel?

Stephanie
      Participant

Maria
        Participant

I would wonder whether the friend or the tattoo artist changed it. Out loud I would admire it and nonchalantly point out the changes made and wait to see hwo the “friend” reacted.

Stephanie
          Participant

GB you can see what I am talking about, she is on my friends list, the one with the tattoo picture as her profile picture… the dragon and cherry blossoms that i drew are in my “artwork” picture folder….

๐Ÿ™

I designed a winged 4 leaf clover tattoo for my mother and she loved it, but the tattoo artist made it look like crap so now she’s stuck with a tattoo she hates. ๐Ÿ™„

Maria
            Participant

Oh wow, they are completely different! I have to say I like yours better.
              I’d tell her, “Nice tattoo. Where are you going to put the one I made you?”

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Can the rest of us see the differences somewhere?

Stephanie
                Participant

That stinks! Sounds like my pegasus tat that I have that the “artist” made changes to while doing it. ๐Ÿ™

This tat that my “friend” got is NOTHING like I drew.

Stephanie
                  Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Can the rest of us see the differences somewhere?

I’ll try…. I’ll post my drawing in my artwork thread here Serenity’s Art in the general art thread… PM me for what she got….

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Holy cow that is a difference! I’d be interested in knowing if she changed it or if it was the tattoo artist. I agree with GB your’s is much better.

BipolarBear
                      Participant

Sounds like you needed a better tattoo artist. How did his/her past work samples look? Is your friend happy with the results? If she’s happy then you should just be happy that you have the original and that you know what it should have looked like.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
                        Engaged to a Weasel

Maria
                        Participant

She must be happy with it. She made it her MySpace profile pic.

Kujacker
                          Participant

Heh. I drew one for my dad, and while it does look mostly the same, everything that made it “mine” or “my style” was taken out or changed totally. I was pissed at him for not caring, no matter how I expressed myself. He also said he’d go back and get some things changed back… but he went, and nothing was changed. I’m still angry. I hate the thing.
                            Tell you, I will never draw a “tattoo” design for someone again. First and last, lesson learned.

dragonmedley
                            Participant

The tattoo I got done was based on part of a book cover. The tattoo artist drew it first and showed me. I was happy with it (still am – whew), but the original artist who did the book cover might be appalled.

In your case and Kujacker’s dad, it might be that they just can’t see the difference. It’s dumb, but just like some people have no ear, some have no eye. At least, you know you designed the basics; the tattoo artist went his way.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Skigod377
                              Participant

Maybe she didn’t like particular things about it but didnt want to hurt your feelings. If its going on her body, and its permanent, then she is the one that needs to be happy with it. I would not take it personal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.